Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Subaru day-out at castle combe

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2002, 06:12 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a nice day out. Drove some WRX's and sti's, and the instructors where really helpfull. As a wrx owner (1 and a bit years) all i can say is that the sti is a talented performer compared to my car, but the one i drove was a modded one with around 300bhp. Best part of the day was being driven round the track by Mike wood in his monster scooby. What a car. Mike you are one crazy guy!! If you keep driving like that you wont be around on this earth for much longer. :-)

The only scarey part was when a P1 owner came up to me and recognised me as scrappydoo more or less straight away. Shocked!!
Hope you had a nice day mate. You looked like you did.

In conclusion if any of you guys can afford it, get an STI and then modd it with the soon to be released PPP. You wont really want anything else after that. The performance is amazing and the handling is leaps above the WRX. Never driven a P1 but i think it would show it a thing or two. (No offence to any P1 owners).

[Edited by scrappydoo - 4/24/2002 6:15:23 PM]
Old 24 April 2002, 06:41 PM
Big Goon
Scooby Regular

I'm thrashing my MY01 round the castle combe circuit on saturday,
been tweaking my Leda suspension at work today, and with my 278bhp and 264lb/ft I reckon I'll keep up with any STi7's that are there

Got myself 4 new tyres, oil and a filter ready for the Monday after so I can keep my car nice and healthy,

Anyone think that I will need to replace the pads on my ScoobySport Brembos ? I'm probably doing 10 laps, maybe more
Old 24 April 2002, 07:15 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

What time are you going i would like to watch. Getting interested in this track thing now.

scrappy

PS. You would probably keep up with the standard sti but the PPP? No way, its an animal.
Old 24 April 2002, 10:04 PM
Acker
Scooby Regular

Smile

Yo Scrappy, your face was a picture when I asked you if you were Scrappydoo.
I have to admit it was a great day out, nice to have fun on a track with someone elses car. Had a very good instructor and had a laugh on the handling test. That PPP STi was a nice package, (not keen on the body kit though) but as for P1 comparison --- I await a road test. Track driving is just so different to road driving. Oh, I have driven a P1 on track previously; no it wasn't mine. I have already taken an STi out on the road for a test drive and didn't feel that the overall package bettered the P1.

My thanks go to Keith Price Garages for inviting me to the event and Subaru UK for organising a very good day out. My thanks also to Mike Wood for the passenger ride.

[Edited by Acker - 4/24/2002 10:13:49 PM]
Old 24 April 2002, 10:33 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shane,
seeing as ten laps is only about 16mls, you shouldn't have any probs with brakes, last time I went up there I did ten laps and had a bolt drop of off the downpipe, rattled a bit on the way home, I should be there mid morning, maybe I'll see ya there.
Enjoy!
Ron.
Old 24 April 2002, 10:56 PM
Big Goon
Scooby Regular

Ello, I'll be up there by 10.30ish, depends on fri night,

See ya there Ron,Scrapy
Old 26 April 2002, 06:26 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Hi Acker, hows things mate? Havent been on in a while. I thought you would eventually come on to see if i posted. :-) Im glad you enjoyed it. It was nice to meet some new people and we couldnt have asked for better weather. Hey! i love your car, nice looking motor. My dad was shocked when you guys gunned it down the lane and left his BMW behind. I told him that the scoobies were fast but he didnt believe me, thats why i made him take his car. Lets just say he has a new found respect for them now. :-).

Anyway, i hope we can do it again some time, only wish i could have seen your car go, then i could have made a comparison to the sti. You were gone around the lanes before i could get i decent look, so it was hard. So am i right in saying that you are not going to get rid of your P1 for the STI PPP or are you keeping your options open?

Scrappy

PS. Just looking in our goodybag and that day cost subaru £140 per person. Im glad we didnt have to pay!!

[Edited by scrappydoo - 4/26/2002 6:31:25 PM]
Old 26 April 2002, 06:28 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Maybe i will come, but like you, it depends on tonight.

Enjoy yourselves!!

scrappy
Old 26 April 2002, 10:27 PM
Turboteeth
Scooby Regular

Aparently quite a few Scoobies are meeting at the Cross Hands at the traffic lights at the bottom of the road to Castle Combe @ 10am.