First ever Trackday !!!

Search this Thread

Old 24 August 2011, 11:04 AM
4evascoob
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Default First ever Trackday !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll0y2u6Oll4

My first ever trackday in my pride and joy........enjoy.

Its only when you get on a track you realise just how much grip these cars really do have..
Old 24 August 2011, 11:17 AM
morpheus1870
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mate that was ace, really want to experience a track day. Tell me more about the experience you had, the prep involved before the day (any changes to the car). Did you have to or have you done anything to the car after the day (oil change, break pads etc). How did the tyres hold up and the breaks? What mods on the car?

Last edited by morpheus1870; 24 August 2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old 24 August 2011, 11:46 AM
4evascoob
Scooby Regular

Mate, it was just the best ever apart from my kids being born... just an adrenaline rush from start to finish and if you go on an novice only event you can drive as hard or as soft as you want i opted for the middle and that suited me.

On arrival you have to sign in followed by saftey talk and then a couple of sighting laps and then your off, you can go on or off the track as much as you like ( i did about ten mins at a time then came off, let car (brakes) cool while having a can of red bu*l and then went around again and so on.

My car is running about 350ish but has done 105,000 miles and it took it in her stride easily, tyres where new anyway but took a little of inside shoulder due to settings but nothing really, suspension is all whiteline arbs, droplinks etc and bc coilovers (adj) these were only on 26fr and 24bk and this was brilliant, (a bit noisy ) i think this is because of the solid top mounts.
The only pre track prep was washing the car !!!! and letting a bit of air out as the heat increases pressure in the tyres.
There were all sorts of cars there ranging from M series BMW, porches, lotus and even a diesel vectra and a diesel golf and people from all walks of life,

There really is nothing to fear on these novice days it is a fantastic day/evening/morning out. I took a passanger which came around for the first 10mins then he decided to take photos from the stand (me thinks he was a bit scared)

I highly reccommend a trackday it really is the only true way in knowing how your car handles and you will be buzzing for days and days.....I still am.

If you want any other info pm me if you like.......Go on book up you know you want to .

Stew
Old 24 August 2011, 01:05 PM
scotty_b
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good mate and keep doing them you will learn so quickly. Like the part when you coast going to a corner or lightly braking you will soon stop that as on track its either accelerator or brake all the time but saying that it looked quite busy but still good time had. Not managed to put my STi on track yet if I keep her will be happening!!

Good show though fella and your right you do get a buzz from it!!

Last edited by scotty_b; 24 August 2011 at 01:07 PM.
Old 24 August 2011, 01:37 PM
SkullFudge
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice track Brands huh ? I have done many laps there.

Until you have driven on the track you don't realise the extent of the drop into Paddock Hill bend.
Old 24 August 2011, 02:45 PM
4evascoob
Scooby Regular

No that paddock hill bend is a ****, although you clip the apex it still shoves you wide on the exit. my fav had to be druids though.
Old 24 August 2011, 11:24 PM
morpheus1870
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So what kind of costs were involved to book the day and did you need track day insurance? also is their a restriction on the exhaust noise at all? Who was the company you used?

Last edited by morpheus1870; 24 August 2011 at 11:25 PM.
Old 24 August 2011, 11:47 PM
Anger
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by morpheus1870
So what kind of costs were involved to book the day and did you need track day insurance? also is their a restriction on the exhaust noise at all? Who was the company you used?
Who i normally book with

http://www.clubmsv.co.uk/car-home/calendar.aspx
Old 25 August 2011, 11:52 AM
4evascoob
Scooby Regular

As above thats who i booked with and they are very good. As for insurance, you dont need it to go on the track. Pay your money and take the chance thought there are companies that just do trackday insurance, they reccomend one on the msv website..