Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi, just bought my 1st Scooby (2000 Wagon)

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2011, 09:38 PM
SubbyG00n
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi, just bought my 1st Scooby (2000 Wagon)

Hi, I'm Leon from Gateshead and I have a confession:
I've always preferred Evo's to Scoobies

I've had a Mystic Primera GT running on gas for the last 4 and a half years and since i'm 26 now my insurance is a little more reasonable so I've been planning on selling the Nissan and getting something faster. Since the age of 16 i've wanted something with a Turbo and never had until now...

I was torn between a Mazda 6 MPS and an Evo 7.
I even had a thread up on NPOC to help me decide and someone had suggested a Scooby and I basically just said "no thanks I prefer Evos".
It was going to be a few months until i could afford an Evo or Mazda 6 MPS so i decided to check what was on offer locally for under 1500 quid as a temporary car. Incidentally there was a Scooby Wagon for sale with 100k and FSSH within my price range and a 5 minute walk from my doorstep so i thought I may as well have a test drive to see what it's like.
I ended up falling in love (with the noise mainly) and after my cousin Martin (who's owned several scoobies and evos) told me that the best car he had was a 2000 scooby, although I test drove other cars I couldn't get the Scooby out of my head so i bought it:

She's called Rhianna and although as far as I can tell she's standard (except maybe alloys) I've already started buying bits and pieces for her to up that power some more.
I work offshore and am currently on a rig in the Dutch sector of the North Sea so I shall have the following to fit when I return home:

Big induction kit, 3" downpipe-back streight through exhaust with 4.5" back box, P1 TMIC with silicone hoses, Blitz VTA DV, and a PPP ECU. Oh and a larger scoop to cool that TMIC a bit better.
I'm also on the lookout for new tyres as the ones on are rubbish and squeeky, i just can't remember the size i need if it's 225/40/17 or 215/40/17 so anyone who may know what fits my inovite redline's (I think?) please do tell me so i can shop for them online before i get home from work next week.

I have a feeling I'll be keeping this car for more than a couple of months...

Oh and before anyone says I do realise the standard recirc DV is better than a VTA one but I picked it up for 36 quid on Ebay as since i was a teenager i've wanted a VTA DV. I plan on having the noise until it get's annoying then putting the old one back on and re-selling the Blitz DV.

I'm considering doing a little bit of bodywork, not a great deal like my previous cars, i think i'll just match the colour of the spoiler, scoop and little bolt on bits and pieces with the wheels. Think i might go for a gloss black with metalflake, but not really sure yet.

Last edited by SubbyG00n; 20 August 2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 20 August 2011, 09:51 PM
topshot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice wagon, I looked at evos before my impreza but you got to love the flat four sound!
I would ditch the induction kit, fit clear indicators, colour code a few bits and fit fog covers - it would look awesome imo.
Old 20 August 2011, 09:57 PM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

Welcome to SN bud

Hope you have deep pockets
Old 20 August 2011, 11:00 PM
SubbyG00n
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by topshot
Nice wagon, I looked at evos before my impreza but you got to love the flat four sound!
I would ditch the induction kit, fit clear indicators, colour code a few bits and fit fog covers - it would look awesome imo.

Yeah I'll grab some clear indicators for sure. I like the look of the fog lights so wont be getting covers as there are already clear covers fitted to prevent chips, dunno if this was standard or not.
Normally I would colour code and smooth everything, my previous cars I've removed the handles and wipers and all sorts but I'm going a different direction with this and going to go for a black/red theme so think i'll get the mirrors, bump strips, scoop, roof rack, spoiler etc etc all sprayed up a matching black colour rather than red.
Old 21 August 2011, 12:32 AM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

a lot of car for 1500 quid !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 21 August 2011, 01:18 AM
SubbyG00n
Scooby Regular

Under 1500 quid mate. I ended up paying 1200 for the car. The previous owner was happy to sell it to me as he'll still be seeing the car around and it turned out we knew some of the same people.
It needs new tyres though so that'll be another 350 - 400 quid or so.
Old 21 August 2011, 08:50 AM
lisa_z
Scooby Regular

Nice car what a bargain
Old 21 August 2011, 09:15 AM
UK WAGON
Scooby Regular

gotta love the wagons , nice car and welcome bud
Old 21 August 2011, 10:46 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Nice car and a great price. You probably know this, but with all those chnages you will need to get the mapping looked at. Specifically these cars aren't too happy when the induction is messed abiout with without some appropriate mapping being done.
Old 21 August 2011, 10:55 AM
topshot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SubbyG00n
Yeah I'll grab some clear indicators for sure. I like the look of the fog lights so wont be getting covers as there are already clear covers fitted to prevent chips, dunno if this was standard or not.
Normally I would colour code and smooth everything, my previous cars I've removed the handles and wipers and all sorts but I'm going a different direction with this and going to go for a black/red theme so think i'll get the mirrors, bump strips, scoop, roof rack, spoiler etc etc all sprayed up a matching black colour rather than red.
Sounds like a plan