Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sti tmic, vf35/43, sti pinks, walbro pump, road mapped, good value?

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2011, 09:04 PM
noturbo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sti tmic, vf35/43, sti pinks, walbro pump, road mapped, good value?

Hi guys,

Been wanting more power for a while and I've got an excelent scooby tuner right on my doorstep.

I've just booked my bug wrx in to have the following fitted -

- vf35 or vf43 turbo (undecided which yet so advice on that welcome)
- sti top mount
- sti pinks
- walbro fuel pump
- decat up pipe
- decat downpipe
- all mapped up on the road

There offering all this for around £1200, sounds like a bargain to me but just thought i'd check that i'm getting good value for money. As I say these guys are scooby experts and I have 100 percent trust in there work, but its alot of money to me so just thought i'd double check.

I'm also getting some 18's fitted at same time

Also, any estimates at bhp with above mods with a green panel filter and vortex decat centre and back box allready fitted to a bug wrx ppp?

Thanks for any replies
Old 11 August 2011, 09:10 PM
barnshaw
Scooby Regular

if that price includes all those parts thats very reasonable!!!
Old 11 August 2011, 09:10 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

Should get at least 330bhp but be prepared to fork out for a new clutch if it's original and you may end up needing handling and brake mods to make it a good overall package but £1200 all fitted and mapped including parts especially if parts got a guarantee is good value, could maybe do it cheaper if you collect used parts yourself and fit them yourself before map but not a lot to save really, at least if they supply and fit everything it will be done quickly
Old 11 August 2011, 09:16 PM
steharvey
Scooby Newbie

I have a vf43 fitted along with supporting mods and it made 350bhp on the rolling road with Duncan last week. It's a strong turbo but only good for 350bhp max. I'm wanting more power so will be up for sale in the next couple of weeks if anyone's interested let me know. I'm looking for a set of headers and a bigger turbo if anyone has one?
Old 11 August 2011, 09:55 PM
noturbo
Scooby Regular

350hp would be fantastic and is about the limit of my clutch and gearbox so anywhere from 330 - 350 and i'd be a very happy chappy indeed. I'm not number chasing and just want a driveable fast road car, that being said I think i've made a good choice and the road map should help with drivability if i'm not mistaken?

The previous owner did upgrade the brakes, there not brilliant, and on standard calipers but slightly bigger discs, vented, grooved and cross drilled with performance pads. I know I'll need to upgrade them at some point and they will be next on my list along with some eibach springs and perhaps kyb shocks?

Maybe some strut braces would be an idea to stiffen things up a bit too?

Thanks again

Can't wait till I pick it up on tuesday, man it's gonna be a long 5 days haha
Old 11 August 2011, 09:58 PM
noturbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by steharvey
I have a vf43 fitted along with supporting mods and it made 350bhp on the rolling road with Duncan last week. It's a strong turbo but only good for 350bhp max. I'm wanting more power so will be up for sale in the next couple of weeks if anyone's interested let me know. I'm looking for a set of headers and a bigger turbo if anyone has one?
What sort of gaing do you think you will get from a good set of unequal headers with your current setup? As i'm assuming you've got a similar setup to mine and i'm considering headers too.

Any good inlet manifold upgrades for the bug wrx?
Old 11 August 2011, 10:09 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by noturbo
What sort of gaing do you think you will get from a good set of unequal headers with your current setup? As i'm assuming you've got a similar setup to mine and i'm considering headers too.

Any good inlet manifold upgrades for the bug wrx?
Don't invest money to any unequal headers,just PM here Harvey for Ported headers with Up pipe and you will gain most from your suggested setup.

Unequal headers are recommended if you are going 400bhp+.best headers for you will be Ported headers with good up pipe,just don't buy cheap eBay copies of headers,they will blown after few 100's miles,not worth matey.

Your inlet manifold is OK,but best from Inlet manifolds is JDM V8 or Spec C manifold which is TGV free or you can your TGV remove(on Nasioc is good guide how to do)

Jura
Old 11 August 2011, 10:23 PM
noturbo
Scooby Regular

Ah cool thanks for the advice jura

Which turbo would you suggest I opt for? vf35 or vf43?
Old 11 August 2011, 11:01 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Ah cool thanks for the advice jura

Which turbo would you suggest I opt for? vf35 or vf43?
VF35 will be OK with good ported headers and with Up pipe,you should have nice 330-350bhp

Just ask your mapper and who will fit all parts,if its possible to port wastegate(due boost creep)on VF35.

About the VF43,these are known with good results,but they're known with cracking...

Jura
Old 11 August 2011, 11:15 PM
noturbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jura11
VF35 will be OK with good ported headers and with Up pipe,you should have nice 330-350bhp

Just ask your mapper and who will fit all parts,if its possible to port wastegate(due boost creep)on VF35.

About the VF43,these are known with good results,but they're known with cracking...

Jura
Thanks again jura, I'm tempted by the vf43. But I will discuss the points you have mentioned with my tuner and see which he thinks

But I will prob go for the 43 and if any probs with cracking arrise I may switch to 18g or vf34 and another re-map. It's just that they only have the 35's and 43's in stock

I will let you know what I go for and what results I get

If you're interested ofcourse lol
Old 11 August 2011, 11:25 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Thanks again jura, I'm tempted by the vf43. But I will discuss the points you have mentioned with my tuner and see which he thinks

But I will prob go for the 43 and if any probs with cracking arrise I may switch to 18g or vf34 and another re-map. It's just that they only have the 35's and 43's in stock

I will let you know what I go for and what results I get

If you're interested ofcourse lol
On WRX will be best setup with VF35,due will be less laggy on 2.0L WRX(if you have 2.5L that's the another story),yes you can go with VF43 these turbos are great,but still i would go rather than VF43 with VF34.

Jura