Sponsored by:

Anybody do mobile detailing?

Search this Thread

Old 24 July 2011, 02:00 PM
madmerlin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody do mobile detailing?

need to find someone near to me who does mobile detailing, tried to do it myself (but being riddled with the crappie arthritis as a result of my bike accident a few years ago) i did a crap job.. couldnt put any effort into it.. So have decided instead of biting my missis head off cos im pi$$ed off i will have to pay someone to do it for me..

Im in birmingham area, just off jn4 - m5.. If anybody knows of a company doing this please let me know.. Cheers.
Old 24 July 2011, 02:23 PM
555man
Scooby Regular

Envy Valeting not sure where they based he advertises on our local site and has done cracking jobs here is one link
http://www.xlr8.co.im/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8191
hope this helps

http://www.envyvaleting.com/

Last edited by 555man; 24 July 2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 24 July 2011, 02:46 PM
Lagamorph
Scooby Regular

I know a guy who had his vw r32 done and it was like a mirror finish, looked amazing and so was the price, cost him in excess of £500 :O can find out who it was if you like if you want to spend that kind of money.

btw did you ever sort that exhaust?
Old 24 July 2011, 04:17 PM
madmerlin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 555man
Envy Valeting not sure where they based he advertises on our local site and has done cracking jobs here is one link
http://www.xlr8.co.im/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8191
hope this helps

Thanks m8, i will take a look

http://www.envyvaleting.com/
Originally Posted by Lagamorph
I know a guy who had his vw r32 done and it was like a mirror finish, looked amazing and so was the price, cost him in excess of £500 :O can find out who it was if you like if you want to spend that kind of money.

btw did you ever sort that exhaust?
erm.... didnt realy want to spend that kind of cash on a detail m8, but cheers anyway.

As for the exhaust, hum.. need to hold back a bit here, was a pile of crap!
The fast flow downpipe wasnt, it had been cut open and had the cat removed then rewelded back up again, so wont pass an mot, also had to have a ctr piece fabricated as the thing was a different length to normal, and to top it all the downpipe makes a hiddeous rattle sound at certain revs, i assume its the crap bit of welding holding the piece of tin that goes round it, was a real botch job (bham exhaust fabricators words, not mine!). would have been better off going to scooby world and buying a new full decat system. Oh yes, and have just found out that when H's m8 bl***y siffler ground the bolts off to remove the std downpipe, he managed to miss the one and grind through the fu***n turbo, so may need a repair on that. Will know more nxt week when it goes in.
oh well m8, we live and learn dont we.
Old 24 July 2011, 04:33 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by madmerlin
need to find someone near to me who does mobile detailing, tried to do it myself (but being riddled with the crappie arthritis as a result of my bike accident a few years ago) i did a crap job.. couldnt put any effort into it.. So have decided instead of biting my missis head off cos im pi$$ed off i will have to pay someone to do it for me..

Im in birmingham area, just off jn4 - m5.. If anybody knows of a company doing this please let me know.. Cheers.
Do you mean a detail or a valet because the price differs greatly?...
Old 24 July 2011, 04:39 PM
madmerlin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler 75
Do you mean a detail or a valet because the price differs greatly?...
Yes m8 a detail, we have a few valet companies over here, but i want a propper job done, ie. back to new.. ive had so much s**t with it lately, that once my new engine goes in next week, i want it looking spot on, so i wont be so pi$$ed off with it.
Old 24 July 2011, 04:44 PM
Lagamorph
Scooby Regular

errr oh dear, suppose those are the dangers of buying things from people you know, it all gets a bit awkward when things go **** up. I can only guess no refund was offered. shame really as the miltek systems are a nice peice of kit and i cant for the life of me think why on earth somebody would ruin a sports cat! its beyond me mate. If your turbo has had it my VF35 is due to come off next month, not sure on condition until it comes off but drives well and holds boost.

£500 is on the extreme side as far as im concerned but heard of people charging thousands!! Its barmy what folk will spend on a bucket of water, a mop and a clay bar lol.
Old 24 July 2011, 04:45 PM
Lagamorph
Scooby Regular

Yes m8 a detail, we have a few valet companies over here, but i want a propper job done, ie. back to new.. ive had so much s**t with it lately, that once my new engine goes in next week, i want it looking spot on, so i wont be so pi$$ed off with it.
New engine blimey sounds like you bought a bit of a rotten egg mate.
Old 24 July 2011, 04:53 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

I own a machine polisher......
Old 24 July 2011, 04:57 PM
madmerlin
Scooby Regular

New engine blimey sounds like you bought a bit of a rotten egg mate.
yes m8, wish i could go back a month!

a few mates have offered to have a "chat" with the guy i bought it off, steves ex special forces so i know it would be sorted, but the other half didnt want me to get involved with it, was causing a few arguments tbh, so i decided to take it all on the chin... Mark @ Thwaites has been fantastic, so have done a deaal to sort it all out 4 me, will be like a new car when i get it back in 2 weeks cant wait tbh, only problem is i have got to drive my missis 206 for a week..... sigh, oh well it beats walking.
Old 24 July 2011, 04:58 PM
madmerlin
Scooby Regular

I own a machine polisher......
owwww now that could sound like a plan m8!!!!

r they easy to use?
Old 24 July 2011, 05:28 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

owwww now that could sound like a plan m8!!!!

r they easy to use?
Yes mate as long as your careful...

Been doing it for years on my own motors......
I read your posts concerning your new motor and the bad luck you been having just thought you could save a few bob.....
Cheers...
Old 24 July 2011, 05:46 PM
madmerlin
Scooby Regular

Yes mate as long as your careful...

Been doing it for years on my own motors......
I read your posts concerning your new motor and the bad luck you been having just thought you could save a few bob.....
Cheers...
That would be fantastic mate, ur a star

Can i give you a shout once i get the car back.. should be a week friday, hopefully...
Old 24 July 2011, 05:51 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

No probs mate,just send me a p.m. on Scoobynet nearer the time...
All the best.....
Old 24 July 2011, 06:40 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Last summer I used a chap who's company goes by the name of Leicester Auto-Valet.

He fully shampoo'd/washed/leathered the car. Mildly cut back my white STi 5's oxidised paint. Then applied a hard wax (or it might have been a liquid wax, can't remember). He spent about 6 hours on it and it looked stunning! Esp. as the cost was only £140 IIRC. Certainly not over £150.

I intend on using him again when this 'summer' is over, as I've neglected it a bit - always getting it washed at the local Eastern European hand car wash - and it has oxidised again slightly in a few places.

Chap's name is Jeff and very helpful with advice re. products/procedure should you want to detail it yourself in future. If you need his number, just PM me...

Last edited by joz8968; 24 July 2011 at 07:56 PM.
Old 24 July 2011, 06:48 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default mobile detailing is there a Market for it?

I did valeting professionally for around 3 years and did a full detail twice on my own cars which consisted of full clay bar and porter cable polishing and the results I achieved from removing every wheel etc were amazing right down to me polishing the underside and using a stainless steel polish on the exhaust amongst other things. It was like a new car after approx 16 hours work over two or three days and saved myself a small fortune for very pleasing results. I wonder is there a Market for this kind of job as I am looking for a career change and would you reckon this would work better as a mobile service or have a unit. Any advice would be Appreciated and if there would be a Market for this in our current climate and what people would expect to pay
Old 24 July 2011, 07:35 PM
madmerlin
Scooby Regular

If your turbo has had it my VF35 is due to come off next month, not sure on condition until it comes off but drives well and holds boost.
Thanks m8, will have a chat with you if the crap hits the fan
Old 25 July 2011, 08:33 AM
Lagamorph
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fordrsrickc
I did valeting professionally for around 3 years and did a full detail twice on my own cars which consisted of full clay bar and porter cable polishing and the results I achieved from removing every wheel etc were amazing right down to me polishing the underside and using a stainless steel polish on the exhaust amongst other things. It was like a new car after approx 16 hours work over two or three days and saved myself a small fortune for very pleasing results. I wonder is there a Market for this kind of job as I am looking for a career change and would you reckon this would work better as a mobile service or have a unit. Any advice would be Appreciated and if there would be a Market for this in our current climate and what people would expect to pay
The guy I mentioned did it from a unit but it took him 2 days to complete so I suppose it depends how much time you put into a vehicle. You also leave yourself open to the british weather by doing it mobile

Thanks m8, will have a chat with you if the crap hits the fan
No probs, ill do it at a knocked down price as you've had such crap luck.
Old 25 July 2011, 09:13 AM
madmerlin
Scooby Regular

No probs, ill do it at a knocked down price as you've had such crap luck.
Nice one, thanks again.
Old 25 July 2011, 12:32 PM
SinghSuperStud
Scooby Regular

Midland Detailing mate - based in West Brom and they do a pucker job

Had my scooby done for £250 and it was a right state!!

If you mention Jai (DBM Bugeye Impreza) it should job their memory.

cheers