Sponsored by:

Alan Jeffery @ Enginetuner - Plymouth

Search this Thread

Old 20 July 2011, 08:23 PM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alan Jeffery @ Enginetuner - Plymouth

I had an issue with my car, a MY97 UK Turbo Wagon, basically died while giving it some beans. Turns out it was the cam belt slipped and caused a problem with the timing.

I had the car sorted by Alan Jeffery of Enginetuner in Plymouth.

I had the problem resolved a remap done on my Apexi PFC to suit Tesco Momentum. My car is now seeing 330bhp, which I think is quite good considering the small amount of work that has been done to it.

I have to tell you that the customer service received from Alan and his team is nothing short of amazing, they are very good at what they do and I was well looked after from start to finish.

Alan kept me updated throughout the whole process, which is a very good thing as we all know how we can be about our cars, and if you love your cars as much as I do, you dont feel the same when they are not with you, a bit sad I know, but thats the way it is.

Anyway, massive thanks to Alan and everyone @ Enginetuner.

I have big power plans for a new car next year and it will be Enginetuner that will be sorting it for me.

Thanks
Old 20 July 2011, 08:40 PM
Bez300
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi DoZZa
I live up by Leeds, 258 miles away from Plymouth.
I used Enginetuner, for my engine build,
pictures sent as the engine was work on,
Had the engine shipped back, got it fitted, ran it in, drove the 258 miles to enginetuner so MartinJ could map it, drove the 258 miles home with a great big smile on my face, I have done a couple of sprints, been to the nurburgring, And I can still potter about with it,
A great team down there, any thing you want to know they will tell you,

You don't use engine builders 258 miles away unless you think there the best,

I too think they are the best,

A big thanks to MartinJ & AlanJ

Bez
Old 20 July 2011, 08:45 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

I had my car serviced by him a couple of years ago. He took it out for a check drive after the fluid changes, and noticed the clutch was on its way. I asked how much, and he said it is not worth doing now, there is a bit of time left on it. Also, the diff had shaved some tiny filings off the teeth. I asked him how much, he said it would be a lot cheaper if I bought a secondhand diff and did it myself (if it ever got noisy).
He could have had the best part of £700 worth of work from me, but he told it how it was. All round good egg.

The diff is still ok, by the way.
Old 20 July 2011, 09:24 PM
acstua
Scooby Regular

going down to cornwall in October and lookin to drop my car off for abit of work
heard good things like above so looking forward to the drive back
Old 20 July 2011, 10:40 PM
Apostle
Scooby Regular

Yep.. Alan, Martyn + the team are great !
Heavily recommended if you want the best advice, expertise, prices, and service.
I am due another visit soooooon...

A
Old 21 July 2011, 11:01 AM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Pictures ? I haven't seen any pictures of mine

That A.J. just keeps saying soon... I can't wait.

LoL

dunx

P.S. Bez it's 320+ from here...
Old 21 July 2011, 12:09 PM
mr smash
Scooby Regular

I just had my 2.1 done there .Alan and co were very helpful ,i just have the agony of running it in now and ill be back for a remap.
P.s i only live 40 miles away
Old 21 July 2011, 12:35 PM
MalcB
Scooby Regular

Had my 2.1 done down there last year. Done nearly 10K now and it gets better and better.. Back down there next Friday for a Swirl Pot and RCM headers.
As said above. Great team down there. Worth travelling for
Old 21 July 2011, 12:50 PM
scoobydog63
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DoZZa
I had an issue with my car, a MY97 UK Turbo Wagon, basically died while giving it some beans. Turns out it was the cam belt slipped and caused a problem with the timing.

I had the car sorted by Alan Jeffery of Enginetuner in Plymouth.

I had the problem resolved a remap done on my Apexi PFC to suit Tesco Momentum. My car is now seeing 330bhp, which I think is quite good considering the small amount of work that has been done to it.

I have to tell you that the customer service received from Alan and his team is nothing short of amazing, they are very good at what they do and I was well looked after from start to finish.

Alan kept me updated throughout the whole process, which is a very good thing as we all know how we can be about our cars, and if you love your cars as much as I do, you dont feel the same when they are not with you, a bit sad I know, but thats the way it is.

Anyway, massive thanks to Alan and everyone @ Enginetuner.

I have big power plans for a new car next year and it will be Enginetuner that will be sorting it for me.

Thanks
Hi
Didnt I read you took your car to Rowleys first time on here? Take it you werent happy with them in the end?
Old 01 August 2011, 11:22 PM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobydog63
Hi
Didnt I read you took your car to Rowleys first time on here? Take it you werent happy with them in the end?
The fact that they did not put my car back together properly after refitting a simple intercooler pipe leaves me no alternative but to say that I would think very carefully about using Rowleys services.

The windscreen washer bottle was not only left unattached to the suspension turret, but also all of the electrical connectors to the pumps, and also the water feed pipes going to the front and rear screens where all left unattached. And the fuse box next to the washer bottle was also left adrift from its fixing points.

You can all makes your own conclusions from this.
Old 02 August 2011, 08:14 AM
P1Drifter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DoZZa
The fact that they did not put my car back together properly after refitting a simple intercooler pipe leaves me no alternative but to say that I would think very carefully about using Rowleys services.

The windscreen washer bottle was not only left unattached to the suspension turret, but also all of the electrical connectors to the pumps, and also the water feed pipes going to the front and rear screens where all left unattached. And the fuse box next to the washer bottle was also left adrift from its fixing points.

You can all makes your own conclusions from this.
sounds like you made the right choice then bud !