Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RAN OFF THE ROAD!!....Death Of An Evo..........

Search this Thread

Old 22 April 2002, 11:09 PM
RichiW
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Best way to grab your attention i guess.

The reason for this post is to help out a fellow enthusiast who was RAN OFF THE ROAD WHILE OVERTAKING in his Evo 6 by a driver of a red Mondeo.Everyone please take a read of the post below, which is an appeal to find the culprit(s) and bring them to justice......

http://www.lancerregister.com/cgi-bi...age=0&Session=

The original post can be found here where Streetlamp describes what happened in alittle more detail.

Thanks for your help.

Rich.
Old 22 April 2002, 11:23 PM
Terzo 333
Scooby Regular

Angry

People that do this are simply low - life scum. What goes around comes around. They'll get what they deserve one day.

Matt
Old 22 April 2002, 11:24 PM
Plantie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Todd (Streetlamp)

Sorry to hear about that... the culprate is a complete w*nker, forget the car he could of got somebody killed. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I hope you find him/her.

Best wishes.

Old 22 April 2002, 11:29 PM
simes
Scooby Regular

Angry

I will keep my eyes peeled, as I live in the area.

My old scoob was written off when I was hit head on by a stolen metro - the culprit fled never to be caught and I ended up with an insurance claim against me so I have an idea of what your friend is going through.

Cheers

Simon
Old 22 April 2002, 11:39 PM
Huxley
Scooby Regular

Angry

We have guys who work in and around Farnham area all the time and i will ask them to keep a look out for it.

Huxley
Old 22 April 2002, 11:53 PM
The Crushinator
Scooby Regular

bad luck i hate seeing such a nice car wrecked. Hope you get the wakner[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 22 April 2002, 11:55 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Angry

I too live in Farnham and am on some of those roads everyday, so will have a lookout for the scum and have pen and paper/fist/bat/kosh/rotten kipper handy[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Cheers,

Nick
Old 23 April 2002, 09:24 AM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Staggered to be honest. Seeing the pictures that Tod has posted on the MLR, it is amazing him and his girlfriend walked away unharmed - a testement to the strength of the car. This sort of thing amazes me Really hope they catch this nutter before he kills someone.

Chris
Old 23 April 2002, 09:43 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Angry

Todd, So sorry to hear this m8, The pictures themselves say it all and I'm so glad you and your dear lady are ok,May I make a suggestion?... Go and speak to the head guy who is in charge of the Traffic division in your area and ask him for help, If that does not work I know we have police officers on Scoobynet, Can they help you with this part reg number, Good luck m8, hope you get the tow rag.
All the best
Colin
Old 23 April 2002, 09:48 AM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Mental. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Posted on MLR and I'll keep my eyes out as I'm a Hampshire Scooby...well, I'm not, but I've got one! Glad everyone was ok.
Old 23 April 2002, 09:52 AM
carl
Scooby Regular

**** (Mondeo driver). What's the answer though? If you have a nice car, someone wants to crash it. If you have a nice house, someone wants to burgle it. If you have a nice stereo, someone wants to nick it. Is the final state mediocrity for all?
Old 23 April 2002, 09:58 AM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

How much of this "part" reg did they get?

Surely the local police have an intelligence computer system where partial registrations can be cross-referenced against known "offenders". Then, if there are matches, a visit can be made and the vehicle checked for damage and paint samples taken.

Only downer here is if the offender has never been stopped by the police before, then they won't necessarily be on the computer.

Or they could try VODS - a DVLA-linked search engine.
Old 23 April 2002, 10:02 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Angry

The Vehicle On-line Descriptive Searches (VODs) Transactions allows vehicle and owner details to be retrieved from the Police National Computer. There is no requirement for a full or part vehicle registration. The data can be retrieved on the basis of colour of the vehicle, make or model or by postcode.

The recent report by HM Inspector of Constabulary "On the Record" acknowledged the potential benefits of VODs and considered that it was a contributory factor to detection rates. The report will shortly be on the HMIC website page (http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/hmic/otr00.htm)

There are a number of commercial companies with databases on vehicle (ownership). Details of these companies are available from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (http://www.dvla.gov.uk/) -

Someone must have access to this ? [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 23 April 2002, 10:16 AM
Sheepsplitter
Scooby Regular

RichiW:How about organising a load of volunteer ScoobyNetters to get together one day/night of the week to take time to drive around the area (each take an allocated patch), checking driveways car parks etc etc?
Might be a bit of fun, especially if we catch him :-)
Farnham / Alton / A325 Farnborough is not exactly the biggest area in the world, now if it was London then you'd be stuffed.

Lets face it this guy needs nailing, and the police will not do it. Besides who wants to be next? Which is what is likely to happen if he gets away with this one!

Old 23 April 2002, 10:23 AM
Jen
Scooby Regular

I'd be willing to help, be gutted if he had a garage/gone away for the weekend though!
Old 23 April 2002, 10:24 AM
Fullonloon
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

How about doing a tour of the local bodyshops and even the local ford garage, there is a chance the car may get serviced there and if it isnt fixed (and it aint gonna be an insurance job) then the car may turn up still damaged.

Q
Old 23 April 2002, 10:25 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Todd - push it with the police. Even a very small part of the number should narrow it down. It may not be registered to the lowlife, but if it is they should be able to find it with minimal effort. They will have difficulty bringing charges, so they probably are not keen to put in too much effort, but if you are there hassling some inspector every day they will find out just to get you off their back. Start with a visit to the station and if you have no joy start sending them letters every day. MAke sure you ask them to respond by letter. Good luck.
Old 23 April 2002, 11:43 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about this.

I know exactly how this feels as was in a similar position a year ago. Was coming back from the beach, with suzy and maggie the weimaraner in the boot (it's a wagon ok! )

There's a nice straight bit of road, and a hay lorry, with two cars behind it, the car nearest the lorry overtakes, no probs. Then the car in front of me, a silver orion, pulls out, no indication, then pulls back in, I wait, indicate, go to pull out and the orion pulls out again, no indication again, so I drop back. Ok, by now I should have thought "give it up" but i did not, so I indicate, pull out and proceede to overtake, when I'm level with the orion the **** pulls out in front of me. I slam on the brakes and swerve to avoid them and end up going along a 5ft hedge for a while.

I pull over on the correct side of the road, and see if everyone is ok. thankfully suzy and maggie are ok, and so am I. car is damaged though, and I am not a happy man. So I charge up the road and the ***** has pulled in. The woman driver gets out and starts giving me a right verbal pasting. I get their details, but she turns to her partner and says "get thier reg number, we'll find out where they live and sort this out!" Suffice to say I refused to give my details at this point, for obvious reasons. At that point I buggered off and went down to the cop shop to report it.

The result? well, there were no independant witnesses so there is not a lot that can be done. The copper did say he spoke to the woman and described her as "rather acidic" and could see why I would not give deatails. So I end up paying out to get the damage fixed. Which was, 2 new doors on drivers side, banging out a very large dent in the wheel arch, plus respray the complete drivers side.

Hope that you have luck with the police, if you have witnesses then that's good as well. Hope it all goes well for you mate, I really do.
Old 23 April 2002, 12:34 PM
jjk
Scooby Regular

i dont live too far away and will keep eyes peeled.
tosser should be hung

jas
Old 23 April 2002, 02:22 PM
EvoRSX
Scooby Regular

BTTT for a fellow Evo owner

Andy
Old 23 April 2002, 04:34 PM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

The local police will have access to VODS.

....and thanks for the vote of confidence Sheepsplitter. Usually Tar everyone with the same brush do you?

[Edited by BuRR - 4/23/2002 4:35:43 PM]
Old 23 April 2002, 04:40 PM
MarkCSC
Scooby Regular

BuRR

I take it you are a Policeman?
Old 23 April 2002, 04:48 PM
stephen30
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Very sorry to hear this m8. Poepl like this should have there nads cut off!

Steve
Old 23 April 2002, 05:09 PM
pintofmilk
Scooby Newbie

Streetlamp @ MLR - thanks all very much for your comments; it really has helped us both come to terms with what happened (and what else could have happened if we were not quite so lucky).

I'm an ex-Sti IV owner myself, but I'm afraid I was nabbed by the Dark Side. Not quite sure what I'll be driving now, though.

We do have 4 digits of the numberplate and 3 independent witnesses, so hopefully if the candidate car is spotted and its full number obtained, we can tally that against our 4 digits, with a view to dragging someone off down the forensics lab to check the paint on their car vs the paint on mine... (My personal email is tod@scoobysystems.co.uk - it's a long story...)

Thanks again for all your comments, and the suggestions.

Tod (streetlamp @ MLR)

Old 23 April 2002, 05:23 PM
pintofmilk
Scooby Newbie

Forgot to say - sympathies on your "push-off" stories too. I know exactly how you feel.

Tod.
Old 23 April 2002, 05:42 PM
carpet
Scooby Regular

anyone know if this red mondeo has been found ??
Old 23 April 2002, 05:52 PM
robin ledger
Scooby Regular

Angry

I work in Guildford and am riding my motorcucle while the weather is fine. If I spot him I'll just follow him 'till I find where he lives....
Old 23 April 2002, 06:00 PM
Sheepsplitter
Scooby Regular

BuRR:
It was nothing personal, and I wasn't having a dig at the police.
What I meant to say is that without the full licence plate I guess they will have little time to pursue the case.
Sorry if it came across as a dig.
Old 23 April 2002, 06:24 PM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

No offence taken, but I get a bit sick of the "ACAB" mentality.

Fair enough, there are some that let the side down, but I like to think of myself as a human

I drive a Scoob, I own a BEL550 and a trafcam PDA.
Old 23 April 2002, 07:36 PM
drumsterphil
Scooby Regular

Angry

Just read the post! Commiserations and thanks god no-one was hurt.

I live in just outside farnham so will keep a lookout for the ****.

DP.

Quick Reply: RAN OFF THE ROAD!!....Death Of An Evo..........