Sponsored by:

Pulled Over Tonight

Search this Thread

Old 10 July 2011, 11:03 PM
DantheMan2605
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulled Over Tonight

Starting to run out of room for these breathalysing tubes...

To be fair these chaps were quite arilght, aparently my cars been marked for a few weeks hence it came up on their compooter for a pull.

Standard ****ty trick questions.

Do you have the urge to put your foot down?

How fast have you been? (to which i replied 70) Even his responce was, thats boring aint it? lol

Anyway...

Ive had the car for 2 months now and been pulled 5 times (breathalysed each time) And just to note everytime i HAVENT done anything wrong.

Anyone beat that?
Old 10 July 2011, 11:06 PM
grayzo
Scooby Newbie

when he asked you what speed you were doing u shouldve said sorry i didnt have time to look down as it wouldve been dangerous lol
Old 10 July 2011, 11:06 PM
micky boy
Scooby Regular

you will probabley find that the car has had a mark for somebody else drink driving in it before you owned it.

cheers mickyboy
Old 10 July 2011, 11:15 PM
scoobyman.matt
Scooby Regular

Thats insane, you could launch a complaint if they do it again that is verging on harrasment IMO
Old 10 July 2011, 11:19 PM
stedee
Scooby Regular

I got a mark on one of my cars once for street racing? A BMW was up my chuff for ages , I didn't react doing say 45 in a 40 and the coppers pulled me not the car behind saying I was speeding in a 30 and I was racing. My answer - yeah whatever now go and do something useful
Old 10 July 2011, 11:23 PM
DantheMan2605
Scooby Regular

He didnt ask me how fast i was going at the time. I spotted them a while before they pulled me so kept to 28mph, and headed for the highstreet with bus stop laybys as i dont like "mounting kerbs" lol sure enough as soon as i turned onto the street blues came on right infront of the first bus stop.

I got the car from guildford (100 miles away) He reckons the mark was put on my 2nd pull as it was 3am at the time and i had a full car. NB. no loud music, no heavy foot etc... just dropping some pals off from a party.
Old 11 July 2011, 12:43 AM
Pramas
Scooby Regular

no laws against flooring it 0-60 aint against the law as long as its on a 60 road, most the plods ive encountered just want an excuse to have a look at the car
somtimes they a bit arsey bit they most young uns and if i was forced to drive a fiesta or focus i would be to

Last edited by Pramas; 11 July 2011 at 12:45 AM.
Old 11 July 2011, 01:16 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got pulled over for speeding on the M40 3 months ago despite being the slowest moving object on there and topping out at 80mph for overtakes BWM's, Audi's, Focus's etc were overtaking me sitting at 70mph but an officer in a marked BMW pulled me over for "excessive speed"

He quizzed me on why I was doing between 70-80mph and when I explained that the 80mph was only on overtakes he went on to tell me that he knows the German cars are normally flying on that section and how he doesn't bother with anyone doing under 85mph

It was a really weird experience but it was only the 2nd time I've been pulled in 18 years of driving

A mate of mine used to get tugged many times a week though because his stupid mate was a drug dealer
Old 11 July 2011, 10:22 AM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

One of my old cars had a drug marker on it from a previous owner. I got stopped 4 or 5 times a week at least and searched ect. I the wrote to my local constbulary and proved i was the new owner of the car and the marker was removed.
Old 11 July 2011, 10:36 AM
markb_s1
Scooby Regular

Got pulled 3 times within the first 2 weeks of having my classic.

first time was by a couple of young coppers who took one look at me and said "we thought it would be some 18 year old gettign out the car" followed by it's a bit loud isn't it? to which I just said yes, and then they sent me on my way.

next 2 times were both in one day, but to be fair i was ragging it up my local dual carriage way (non residential) a bit so deserved it. again, had a chat with them, apologised for driving like a dick and they sent me on my way.

nothing since then - touchwood!
Old 11 July 2011, 10:38 AM
Christof89
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pramas
no laws against flooring it 0-60 aint against the law as long as its on a 60 road, most the plods ive encountered just want an excuse to have a look at the car
somtimes they a bit arsey bit they most young uns and if i was forced to drive a fiesta or focus i would be to
Driving without due care or attention? Tbh when ever I get pulled I just stay polite and even if the officer is a **** they get more wound up about me not biting and staying polite they have to end up just letting me go.
Old 11 July 2011, 11:30 AM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DantheMan2605
Starting to run out of room for these breathalysing tubes...

Ive had the car for 2 months now and been pulled 5 times (breathalysed each time) And just to note everytime i HAVENT done anything wrong.

Anyone beat that?
I've no idea where Poverty is but if I ever find out, I'm not going there!

JohnD

Last edited by JohnD; 11 July 2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11 July 2011, 11:35 AM
Shaks-STI
Scooby Regular

i had the same issue when i first got my STI , coming from Shell after topping her up got pulled and several questions were asked in regards to speed, insurance, tax, mot and i did not go over 30mph well they did all the checks and let me go, week later same trip from shell same cops pulled me again and this time they said that my car didnt have an MOT and i questioned them that last time they did the check no issue came up so why they have an issue now is the same car only had been in the country for 4 months so the MOT would be the same as the previous week but when they pulled me over i was on my street and didnt stop until i was on my driveway and he asked to open my bonnet for closer look at the engine they look at the engine, presented with a valid MOT there and they said it must be an error on the system

Last edited by Shaks-STI; 11 July 2011 at 11:37 AM.
Old 11 July 2011, 12:26 PM
belliott69
Scooby Regular

I got pulled over in my classic once, when i asked why i was being pulled they said "you look like the type of person who may have stolen this car", luckily i'm quite an easy going bloke and the two coppers were sound in the end.
Old 11 July 2011, 12:40 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

It's quite easy to see why police get **** all respect, yea yea they are only doing their job. What a load of horse sh*t.

Makes me sick, they give me £60 fine for no seatbelt but the deadhead woman who knocked down that old man and drove off got only £200 fine.

To all the old bill reading this,,,,

Get out and catch some real criminals like the ones who burgled my sisters house at the weekend and leave us car lovers alone !!!
Old 11 July 2011, 01:05 PM
Pink_Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
It's quite easy to see why police get **** all respect, yea yea they are only doing their job. What a load of horse sh*t.

Makes me sick, they give me £60 fine for no seatbelt but the deadhead woman who knocked down that old man and drove off got only £200 fine.

To all the old bill reading this,,,,

Get out and catch some real criminals like the ones who burgled my sisters house at the weekend and leave us car lovers alone !!!
I agree in part mate. £200 is a joke for her actions. Hope your sister is OK? It seems these days car theft and burglary are treated as non-events. No chance of a proper outcome so go to the bottom of the pile.

Seatbelts though to me are a fair cop, which I think you've agreed to. I think the reason they get so wound up is due to the amount of people they scrape up who would have survived had they been wearing one.

Some of the nonsense they are pulling people over for though is a joke. Did anyone see the lad on Police Interceptors? He had a sticker on his bumper saying 'p**s off' or something like that. The copper treated it like crime of the century! Pathetic....
Old 11 July 2011, 01:30 PM
Mr moff
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had a funny one a few months back.
I was driving round one night with one of my mates,just trundling along listening to tunes.
Out of the blue a focus started following me for a good 10 mins,so it was obvious he was gonna pull me.I stopped and he stopped behind me,no lights at this time so he hadn't actually pulled me.
He started walking up,and once he got level with my back bumper I indicated to pull out and drove off.
He started running back to his car shouting down his mic and then a second car appeared.Finally they put their lights on and I stopped.
They gave me a right grilling and checked absolutely everything on my car.
When he asked why I stopped and drove off I said I was just changing my cd,and I always stop to change discs.
I hadn't actually done anything wrong,was well under the speed limit,indicated to stop ect.

Danny.
Old 11 July 2011, 02:07 PM
sunny1989
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pink_Floyd
I agree in part mate. £200 is a joke for her actions. Hope your sister is OK? It seems these days car theft and burglary are treated as non-events. No chance of a proper outcome so go to the bottom of the pile.

Seatbelts though to me are a fair cop, which I think you've agreed to. I think the reason they get so wound up is due to the amount of people they scrape up who would have survived had they been wearing one.

Some of the nonsense they are pulling people over for though is a joke. Did anyone see the lad on Police Interceptors? He had a sticker on his bumper saying 'p**s off' or something like that. The copper treated it like crime of the century! Pathetic....
Yeh I saw that, I think the copper pulled him over as he thought he didn't have any insurance. When the lad proved him wrong and presented his insurance he was slightly pissed to say the least (probably the fact that he just made him self look like a t**t on national t.v), he then pointed out the oh so offensive bumper sticker!! Threatened him with a fixed penalty and made him remove it on the spot! what a joke...
Old 11 July 2011, 02:12 PM
tombroad
Scooby Regular

if you get pulled by a smart a**e who asks if your speedo is working correctly
answer only when the wheels are touching the roadl
Old 11 July 2011, 03:17 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Been pulled once in my impreza years ago never been pulled since. Other cars i had got pulled loads.
Old 11 July 2011, 03:34 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

I've been pulled 3 times the whole time i've been driving. First time I had slightly blue lights on my 106, fair enough I then changed them for proper ones.

Second and third time I was driving a bit fast for the coppers. I've always deserved to be pulled over when I have. Haven't been pulled over for over 4 years now
Old 11 July 2011, 04:06 PM
Ryan@Indigo-GT
Former Sponsor

I've only been pulled once in three years of owning my car, a few years back though my mate bought a fiesta off a young lad, she got stopped 3 times in one day alone at one point, turns out the previous owner had a bit of a reputation and was known to local police, it was a good month before word had got around to all the local officers that he no longer owned the car
Old 11 July 2011, 04:44 PM
eelz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaygsi
Been pulled once in my impreza years ago never been pulled since. Other cars i had got pulled loads.
been pulled a couple of times in Wrexham myself but the pigs are usually OK with me.

some tips for some jumped up motorists;

[CODE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8/CODE]

It's always nice to be nice .
Old 11 July 2011, 04:59 PM
Karl B
Scooby Newbie

the day i picked my car up i got pulled and treated like poo as the owner had recently been disqualified for drink driving and they thought i was him as the V5 hadnt been sent off!
Old 11 July 2011, 06:04 PM
stann01
Scooby Regular

hah love the chris rock video

i bought a old classic with head gasket problem, when i fixed it the 1st time i drove to work (12.30 a.m) i got pulled
but that was only because one headlight was dim (no fuse!)
he asked all the usual questions, but more importantly what bhp she was kicking out and how much he wanted one !!
Old 11 July 2011, 06:34 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Pramas
Misuse of the gears, i was threatened with this back in the dark ages...

Anyway, after a quick blast up the by-pass the young copper was pretty much astonished... And he thought a 3 litre Granada was going to beat my Imp. ( well maybe eventually, as I didn't like going over 9000 rpm in top =135 mph )

dunx
Old 11 July 2011, 07:41 PM
FroSt1
Scooby Regular

Got pulled for no insurance but this was due to database not updated. Told my raised carbon number plates where illegal, please pay £60 and change the plates. ANPR obviously worked so a warning would have sufficed surely.
Nothing else was wrong with plates so I was seriously pee'd off.
Old 11 July 2011, 09:40 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Can't see the big issue with regards to front number plates. Bikes don't show a front plate.