I hope it was his own Scoob.

Search this Thread

Old 22 April 2002, 03:51 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Hi All,

I live in fear when I leave my car with people. So a little tale.

Picked up a screw in a tyre today so I take the car in for a repair.
Next to the tyre place is a Car Valeters, green R plate Scoob is bought in with what sounds like a scoobysport exhaust. While everyone is stood round it having a look the engine is revved hard a couple of times then revved and sat on limiter for around 4 seconds.
A couple of minutes later the car is driven out and blasted up the road through the first three gears.

I realy hope this wasn't someones pride and joy and they were paying to have it cleaned.

Lee
Old 22 April 2002, 05:15 PM
Bitten Hero
Scooby Regular

Angry

Chances are it wasn't [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

People like that should be shot for wanton abuse of a fine machine, and someone else's too [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

My Scoob goes in to be fixed up soon (after minor accident) and it's with them for around two weeks I'm keeping hold of the NavTrak key so if they drive it I'll know about it and sue the pants off 'em [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] But other than that you just have to hope...

Old 22 April 2002, 06:23 PM
yoza
BANNED

Angry

I had a similar thing happen to me,I was selling a 16valve BX that Id had for a while,so as you do,I started takeing some bits off that I wanted for my next car,includind a rear screen phone ariel.Yes you guessed it POP screen smashed,bas**rd.So off down to a local screen fitter.Couldnt do it while I wait so,come back at 4 he said.He was situated on a retail park, so had a mooch round the shops for a couple of hours.Then after about an hour and a half,I was walking from one shop to another when something caught my eye,there was my car being wheel spun and ripped around a cinema complex's car park,by the YTS ****** employed by the screen fitters,he was even trying to handbrake it but the hand brake is on the front on a Citroen.Not f***in happy.....[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
So I ran over towards the car but by the time Id got there he had made his way back to the unit.Upon my arrival at the unit the car was parked outside with this lad takeing tape from around the window,so I grabbed him by the scruff of his overalls and asked him what the f**k he was doing to my car.He knew what I meant coz he later admitted he saw me running towards him,but anyway,his boss was on a job pick up,so he decided to rip my car everywere,he didnt even have a licence,the little t**t.Moral of the story is only leave your car with a reputable dealer,or stay with it.
His boss arrived back about 15 mins later,and I was still grilling this ******,so explained what had happened.......he said Quote;"We take them for a quik spin to help the sealer go off".Yeah right and I would like to pay you with these zonks from planet zod!!!!Pay did I f**k £220 + vat lost,never heard nothin from it either.....wonder if the new owner did