Bonnet Keyed up Chipping Sodbury High street again last night

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2002, 09:49 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Says it all really, *******.........

Car going into the bodyshop for the bonnet and wing to be painted tomorrow anyway, but it's not the point is it ??

Cheers Phill C
Old 21 April 2002, 10:03 PM
Tracey
Scooby Regular

Angry

No it's not the point. It happens all the time.

So it's finally going in tomorrow is it, should look nice.

Next meet you won't have to put your bonnet up then lol.

I hope you weren't driving after having your beer goggles on?

Tracey
Old 21 April 2002, 10:07 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

No not at all, I live up the High street and have no alternative than parking on the street.

Car should look lovely, but may be getting rid of it soon. Fancy a P1.

Cheers Phill C
Old 21 April 2002, 10:12 PM
Tracey
Scooby Regular

P1, very nice, I do like them, they are becoming very common though. Come to think of it, so are Subarau's, see them all over the place.

Oh didn't realise you had no option but put it there. Oh well not too far to walk home from on a night out then.

Tracey
Old 21 April 2002, 10:18 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Wink

Not really I live in the Portcullis Hotel, so nice and easy to go on a tilt

Me and Sideways met a few blokes on Friday night and chatted about Scoobies all night and got pissed right up It was great!! They're on here, think it's snowflake and turbo teeth. lol

Cheers Phill C
Old 21 April 2002, 10:22 PM
Tracey
Scooby Regular

Oh blimey, you live there, well say no more. Just roll up the stairs then lol.

Tracey
Old 21 April 2002, 10:34 PM
cunningstunt
Scooby Regular

i parked in the ncp next to the rock in bristol 1 month ago came out to find both sides of car keyed. supposed to have attendants there all night. if i new who did it i would do time for it, w--kers.bristol center is a nightmare for car crime.
Old 22 April 2002, 09:50 PM
P.J
Scooby Regular

Angry

Had only one incident so far touch wood.For those of you that know Fishponds it has its good and bad side. So far the only problems my little sport has had is the driveway scattered with nails, one of which punctured the rear tyre when I drove off and some weirdo keeps taking my upper window seal and trying for the wiper spoiler which is now snapped!?! I worry every time I park it in the centre!

Pj
Old 22 April 2002, 10:07 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Hi PJ - bizarre crimes both Mate.....
Old 22 April 2002, 10:29 PM
polarbearit
Scooby Regular

Well as we're on about it... Last weekend a car was nicely burned out outside my house (Downend/Staple Hill)

Scoobynet was down at the time so I posted on the GTR Register.

At least the police/council got things sorted.

Oh and BTW what are the good and bad sides of fishponds (just interested, never had any trouble their and the nippa goes to nursery there)
Old 23 April 2002, 09:43 AM
YorkshireSimon
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Another related vandalism point to note is that car paint stripping is beginning to become very popular.

I don't know about anyone else, but this past few weeks, I have seen many different manufacture of car driving around with BAD paint damage pretty much all over the car. Saw a brand new top end Merc just the other day, roof, back-end, bonnet and sides all looked like they'd been in the washing machine.

What is the world coming to. If I caught anyone doing anything untoward to my lurvley motor, I would also do time, that is, if they ever found the b4574rd(s).

YorkshireSimon
Old 23 April 2002, 12:53 PM
markcp
Scooby Regular

I really detest parking my car in Bristol. At first the boot was broken into outside the City Inn and my PC stolen (I know I shouldn't have left it there!). Then, in a private car park next to Temple Meads station, two ******* were found stealing my stereo. A colleague tried to stop them but they drove at him in the car they were in!! Unfortunately they still managed to get away with my head unit.

Last week, parked in Filton I opened the bonnet to check something to find that some tw@t had pushed a cigarette lighter through the bonnet scoop onto the intercooler. Thankfully, the car was cold, 'cos I dont know if it could have caught light, but the veins have now been bent.

I even resorted to catching the train to work to avoid leaving my car anywhere!

Rant over,

Mark.

PS Babber, have you, or anyone else in the area, still got a Dawes fitted. I'm desperate for more power and am interested to experience how much of an increase it provides.
Old 23 April 2002, 01:00 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Mark,

Yes, I have a Dawes fitted and it's great!! Cars in the bodyshop at the moment and maybe ready for Friday. Do you want to meet somewhere and have a drive ? You won't be disappointed with the difference it will make. Mouseman has it fitted to his MY97 and mine is a MY00.

Email me offline to arrange something if you like.

Cheers Phill C

PS I live in Yate / Chipping Sodbury
Old 23 April 2002, 02:11 PM
markcp
Scooby Regular

Phill,

Thanks for the offer - mine is also a MY2000. If you're going to Castle Combe on saturday, I'm probably meeting the SW / Midlands lot at 10am just outside Chipping Sodbury. Maybe see you then. If not I'll mail you to arrange a convenient meeting time/place.

Cheers,

Mark.
Old 25 April 2002, 12:12 PM
Tracey
Scooby Regular

Phil,

Just had some kids playing crosses on my car again, little gits.

Which bodyshop has your car gone into? And have you used them before? If so what are they like?

Cheers.

Tracey
Old 25 April 2002, 01:11 PM
markcp
Scooby Regular

Tracey,

I've used Central Bodyshop on Bedminster hill twice, and both times they did a good job. They are the garage Tileys use for their repairs.

I'll try and dig the number out this afternoon.

Mark.
Old 25 April 2002, 01:39 PM
Tracey
Scooby Regular

Thanks Mark,

I'd appreciate that.

I'd rather use a bodyshop that someone reccomends.

Tracey
Old 25 April 2002, 01:40 PM
cunningstunt
Scooby Regular

sorry to change the subject but seeing as there are so many people on this from bristol i wondered if there was a bristol subaru meet. i have a 97 sti type r lowered magnex full decat hks air/dump valve. i live in fishponds.
Old 25 April 2002, 01:52 PM
markcp
Scooby Regular

Tracey,

The number for Central Bodyshop is 0117 9771449.

I made a mistake earlier - its Brislington hill not Bedminster. Oops!!

Mark.
Old 25 April 2002, 02:05 PM
Tracey
Scooby Regular

Thanks Mark

I'll give them a call.

Cunningstunt,

Yes we have meets. We meet at The Star between Bristol and Congresbury. We meet about once every 2 months. The group is growing and growing. Keep a look out on the Southern Section, Steve B will post the next one, he is our regional organiser.

The next meet is due on Sunday 2nd June but that is Bank Holiday weekend, so Steve may put it off until the following week.

Cheers.

Tracey
Old 25 April 2002, 02:33 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Wink

Don't use Central bodyshop the paintshop that Tiley will recommend, they are rubbish. My Turbo was painted there around a month after it was new, due to being keyed (the first time) and there was loads of overspray and generally a rough job. I wasn't happyat all

I've just been to UK Carbody LTD, 6 Whitehouse Lane, Bedminster (01179 3737733) and they have told me that the last time it was painted they didn't use primer, so that's the reason all the paint came off my car!!!

My car is now looking fantastic, and they are in the process of putting it back together again, so hopefully I might get it back tomorrow. Give UK Carbody a ring!! If you go there today or tomorrow, you'll see my car.

Cheers Phill C
Old 25 April 2002, 02:39 PM
snowcrash
Scooby Regular

Angry

Babber!!!!!

want fu#ki$g c£n!s

did i tell you when i left you guys on friday I had some guy throw chips on my car and try and start a fight - lucky i wasn't pissed and just drove off....

Suffice it to say that if i come out with you guys tomorrow I will leave my car @ home...

At least they didn't trash it, although people lack that need to be strung up by the bollox...

Old 25 April 2002, 02:43 PM
snowcrash
Scooby Regular

cunningstunt - a load of us are going to castle coombe this saturday if you want to go. See this thread @ http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...threadid=86372
Old 25 April 2002, 03:06 PM
P.J
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I thought Chipping Sodbury was a lovely place to live compared to where I am but obviously not all the time!
Why is the world full of morons who seem intent on spoiling what they can't have.
At least if they do get caught then they get punished affectively with their mega large fines £20+ court costs and 1 hour community service that they may or may not attend!
Do what they do in the army if caught damaging or stealing from others- Slam their fingers in a door until you are satisfied all are broken. Justice is then served!

Pj
Old 25 April 2002, 03:07 PM
Tracey
Scooby Regular

Phil,

Cheers, might pop over and have a look at your car tomorrow then. At least I can see what sort of job they have just done. Is that one too many numbers in the phone number?

Cheers.

Tracey
Old 25 April 2002, 03:11 PM
snowcrash
Scooby Regular

I think Yate/CS is a good place to live, just down the CS High Street you get a lot of drunk people from the pubs wandering about. And usually I would have thought where babber parked it is in a safe place, but now possibly most of the CS high street is not good to park in after 8pm...

Babber, did this happen overnight or in the day? Also are you coming to castle coombe on Sat???
Old 25 April 2002, 03:12 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Wink

Snowcrash,

Well if you come out with us again, I'll come and get you and you can tilt with us this time. Car should be back soon, so you will see it on the High street, waiting for the next Moron to came along and **** it up again

Can't believe that about the chips, shame Sideways and me wasn't there

I heard that someone was running along all the bonnets of all the cars parked outside the George and Squirre the other night. I would have definately kicked off if I would have saw that!!!

Anyway, Cheers Phill C
Old 25 April 2002, 03:16 PM
snowcrash
Scooby Regular

Wink

babber, sideways is giving me a phone call tomorrow about it, i'll proberbly walk up or get a lift (need the exercise) - it was just last weekend i was on antibiotics and was still ill so i thought i might as well drive - rather than walk in the cold air and make my chest infection worse. Im better now, so i will be on the lash - team Thorn isn't it?? - lol
Old 25 April 2002, 03:21 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Wink

Lol, team thorns it is then!!!

See you tomorrow mate

Cheers Phill C
Old 25 April 2002, 10:16 PM
Turboteeth
Scooby Regular

Angry

I hate Blackthorn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Following on from the comments - Bristol is very dodgy for car crime - a couple of weeks ago some bloke who dared to beep his horn got a bottle thrown through his window and then beaten up by about 20 nutters outside Cafe Blue with the police watching!

Also caught two tw&ts breaking into a Golf GTI in Bristol Parkway recently - they got into their 1.1 Fiesta, me and my dad chased in his Scoob but lost them at the bottom of the Car Park!

Quick Reply: Bonnet Keyed up Chipping Sodbury High street again last night