Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi everyone, i need some advice please!

Search this Thread

Old 31 May 2011, 02:36 PM
mybugeye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Hi everyone, i need some advice please!

I own an 02 bugeye wrx but i think i may have to sell the old girl soon. I was hoping for some advice on sale prices because i know the market isnt good at the minute.
Im finding it hard judging a price because ebay prices etc are all over the place!

Its a Uk wrx in deep mica with just under 80,000 miles on the clock, full subaru history, MOT-oct 2011, Tax-march 2012. The only mods on her are a jap angled afterburner (cat back) exhaust, sti spoiler, zunsport upper and lower front mesh and a turbo smart adjustable dump valve. Toyo proxes all round.

The spoiler was fitted (not very well!) by the last owner and it needs replacing to be honest. It has some stone chips to the front and a couple of blemishes.

I wanted to put it up for £3500 ono, am i dreaming?!?

I dont really know what to do to be honest so any help from past sellers etc would be much appreciated!

Cheers
Old 31 May 2011, 02:48 PM
Tommy2396
Scooby Regular

Stick it on ebay and we'll tell you if its going in the right direction.

Dont forget to post us the link ; )
Old 31 May 2011, 03:22 PM
mybugeye
Scooby Regular

Hi Tommy2396 thanks for the reply.

Yeah i think it will be ebay that i use for the sale, i will post the link when its done!

I may aswell just give it a shot!
Old 31 May 2011, 04:52 PM
bottlesofbecks
Scooby Regular

There is a 51 plate in mica red on 58000, with a fsh, 11 months mot and 3 months tax 4 and a half hours to go £1373.00 reserve not met that would be the one to watch for a clue on prices.
Old 31 May 2011, 05:06 PM
mybugeye
Scooby Regular

Thanks bottlesofbecks thats great, i will find that one and watch it.
Old 31 May 2011, 05:09 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

On ebay you will only get bottom figure unless its a rare model. i'd list it else where.
Old 31 May 2011, 05:14 PM
initialD
Scooby Regular

+1
Old 31 May 2011, 05:30 PM
mybugeye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaygsi
On ebay you will only get bottom figure unless its a rare model. i'd list it else where.
Ok thanks mate, mine is a standard UK model so i will keep that in mind. Although, the more i think about selling the more i want to keep her!! haha
Old 31 May 2011, 05:50 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

In that case just pop a sign in your window 4000 no offers if it sells it sells, if not keep it, either way its a win win
Old 31 May 2011, 05:55 PM
95turbowagon
Scooby Regular

Pistonheads is worth a try, put it on for a bit more than your willing to let it go for and then you have a bit of room for movement.
Old 31 May 2011, 06:05 PM
mybugeye
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all the replies everyone, much appreciated!
Old 31 May 2011, 06:05 PM
mybugeye
Scooby Regular

In that case just pop a sign in your window 4000 no offers if it sells it sells, if not keep it, either way its a win win
Very good point!!
Old 31 May 2011, 06:06 PM
mybugeye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 95turbowagon
Pistonheads is worth a try, put it on for a bit more than your willing to let it go for and then you have a bit of room for movement.
I was just looking at pistonheads! Definitely a better option for selling than ebay i reckon.
Old 31 May 2011, 07:29 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How long have you had it and how much did you pay ?? Just curious

Shaun
Old 31 May 2011, 07:50 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Price suggested doesn't sound unreasonable, but the market isn't the best.

I'm selling my 301bhp Andy F modded 2001 WRX at the mo. It's on SN, PH & autotrader, lol. Was in two minds as to whether ebay is a good idea - the car seems too good for ebay, everything works as it should!
Old 31 May 2011, 08:02 PM
matth76
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mybugeye
I own an 02 bugeye wrx but i think i may have to sell the old girl soon. I was hoping for some advice on sale prices because i know the market isnt good at the minute.
Im finding it hard judging a price because ebay prices etc are all over the place!

Its a Uk wrx in deep mica with just under 80,000 miles on the clock, full subaru history, MOT-oct 2011, Tax-march 2012. The only mods on her are a jap angled afterburner (cat back) exhaust, sti spoiler, zunsport upper and lower front mesh and a turbo smart adjustable dump valve. Toyo proxes all round.

The spoiler was fitted (not very well!) by the last owner and it needs replacing to be honest. It has some stone chips to the front and a couple of blemishes.

I wanted to put it up for £3500 ono, am i dreaming?!?

I dont really know what to do to be honest so any help from past sellers etc would be much appreciated!

Cheers
When I sell my cars I normally trawl through Auto-trader (prices tend to be slightly higher on here as the sellers are optimistic) and also pistonheads.com where the prices are more realistic, to get an average figure that the model and spec is going for. Mileage wont make a huge difference and mods never will but may help it sell quicker. Lots of photos too will make it stand out amongst the rest. I avoid ebay to be honest for large items like cars as there's far too many scams going on and ebay do little to protect you but up to you.

I sold my 350z through pistonheads.com. That and autotrader.co.uk are the two sites I advertise on and have always had success. Auto trader is expensive but worth it imo but I'd only use if your car can't sell for first couple of weeks through other media. Pistonheads is amazing value at a fraction the cost of autotrader but reaches a similar huge audience. I live in the south and a dealer from up north bought my last car and paid full wack for it. I actually had 18 months of free motoring as I got back what I paid for it! It's normally a bit of trial and error - put an ad up for a certain price and wait a few days, if no luck reduce a bit more, and so on. Pistonheads is very cheap so you can do it for quite a while until you start getting enquiries. They'll always bargain it down from your advertised price though so advertise slightly higher. Know the car's faults too, so you can expect questions and say "the price reflects the faults" etc. Advertise selling points like "always warmed up for ten mins and cooled down properly" etc - those are things I'd look for if buying. I've probably stated the obvious stuff here which you know already but hope it helps though. Sad that you're letting the car go but happens eventually. I was sad to see my 350z go and I went 12 months without a "nice" car, running an old banger, but now I have the Subaru and love it more than the 350z so always works out well Good luck with the sale mate.

Last edited by matth76; 31 May 2011 at 08:13 PM.
Old 31 May 2011, 08:03 PM
mybugeye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Midlife......
How long have you had it and how much did you pay ?? Just curious

Shaun
Hi Shaun,

I have owned it 2 years now. I payed £5k for it from the main stealer!
Old 31 May 2011, 08:05 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by matth76
When I sell my cars I normally trawl through Auto-trader (prices tend to be slightly higher on here as the sellers are optimistic) and also pistonheads.com where the prices are more realistic, to get an average figure that the model and spec is going for. Mileage wont make a huge difference and mods never will but may help it sell quicker. Lots of photos too will make it stand out amongst the rest. I avoid ebay to be honest for large items like cars as there's far too many scams going on and ebay do little to protect you but up to you.

I sold my 350z through pistonheads.com. That and autotrader.co.uk are the two sites I advertise on and have always had success. Auto trader is expensive but worth it imo but I'd only use if your car can't sell for first couple of weeks through other media. Pistonheads is amazing value at a fraction the cost of autotrader but reaches a similar huge audience. I live in the south and a dealer from up north bought my last car and paid full wack for it. Good luck mate.
Hey Matt,

I opted for 6 weeks on autotrader, the other option being 3 wks, but combined with 2 wks in the magazine. Did you bother with the magazine?

Andy
Old 31 May 2011, 08:06 PM
mybugeye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx
Price suggested doesn't sound unreasonable, but the market isn't the best.

I'm selling my 301bhp Andy F modded 2001 WRX at the mo. It's on SN, PH & autotrader, lol. Was in two minds as to whether ebay is a good idea - the car seems too good for ebay, everything works as it should!
You're right about the market and there are a lot of wrx's up for sale at the mo. Yours should stand out in the crowd though!
Old 31 May 2011, 08:15 PM
matth76
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx
Hey Matt,

I opted for 6 weeks on autotrader, the other option being 3 wks, but combined with 2 wks in the magazine. Did you bother with the magazine?

Andy
Hi Andy, I think from memory I did the cheapest period (probably the 3 weeks) and didn't bother with the magazine. Cheers, Matt. ps Good luck with your sale too What are you getting to replace it?

Last edited by matth76; 31 May 2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 31 May 2011, 08:16 PM
mybugeye
Scooby Regular

I sold my 350z through pistonheads.com. That and autotrader.co.uk are the two sites I advertise on and have always had success. Auto trader is expensive but worth it imo but I'd only use if your car can't sell for first couple of weeks through other media. Pistonheads is amazing value at a fraction the cost of autotrader but reaches a similar huge audience. I live in the south and a dealer from up north bought my last car and paid full wack for it. It's normally a bit of trial and error - put an ad up for a certain price and wait a few days, if no luck reduce a bit more, and so on. Pistonheads is very cheap so you can do it for quite a while until you start getting enquiries then you know you've struck the right price range. Remember they'll always bargain it down from your advertised price. Good luck mate.
Thank you for the reply, im definitely being put off the ebay route. I do think pistonheads will be my best option to begin with.
Im going to get a service done on it and fit a splitter that i purchased before i do anything else.
I agree with what you said about mods etc, i know i wouldnt get anymore for the car but hopefully more people will have some interest. I know a lot of people dislike the poor old bugeye in its standard form!

At the minute i will hold fire and get these bits done and do a bit more price research like you said.

I love 350z's!! What are they like??
Old 31 May 2011, 08:20 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

You're right about the market and there are a lot of wrx's up for sale at the mo. Yours should stand out in the crowd though!
Yes, partly cos it's sensibly modded with FSH, and partly cos it's green!
Old 31 May 2011, 08:22 PM
matth76
Scooby Regular

+1
Ebay is a place to find bargains and cheap items, so I'd list it elsewhere.
Old 31 May 2011, 08:39 PM
matth76
Scooby Regular

Thank you for the reply, im definitely being put off the ebay route. I do think pistonheads will be my best option to begin with.
Im going to get a service done on it and fit a splitter that i purchased before i do anything else.
I agree with what you said about mods etc, i know i wouldnt get anymore for the car but hopefully more people will have some interest. I know a lot of people dislike the poor old bugeye in its standard form!

At the minute i will hold fire and get these bits done and do a bit more price research like you said.

I love 350z's!! What are they like??
Lovely cars. Very reliable. Handle like rails round the twisties (dare I say it not far different to a scooby) when it's dry but I had a scary moment on a damp road coming out of a roundabout . It's a real looker and I always felt like I was in a more exotic car than it was and most people couldn't believe I'd spent the same as a ford focus to buy it. It's power delivery was very linear and didn't accelerate any where near as hard as the Subaru (the subaru has more than 100 extra lbs.ft torque though) but it was definitely a fun drive and outpaced most cars on the road and always felt like you were going slower than you were until you looked at the speedo! I had it in the bright blue colour, very similar actually to the newage rally blue on the car I have now, which suited it perfectly. If money was no object I'd have kept it and had the subaru too. But its not a practical car. Cant take passengers. The boot is cramped, and not good in frosty conditions. However it was good in the fact you could leave it in any gear and always have power. Not so with the Subaru. In the 350z I could literally go round a roundabout in 6th gear. In the subaru I have to constantly keep dropping gears when going round town (6th gear is only possible over 50mph) which can be tiresome but I knew this would be the case when I bought the subaru. The 350z had far more gadgets as standard. Bluetooth handsfree, cruise, control stereo from the steering wheel etc, quality Bose stereo etc.

I kept it failry standard and just fitted a second hand nismo exhaust (sounded amazing with this) and some kind of inlet manifold spacer and it saw around 280-290 bhp on the rollers. The interior was a bit plasticy, more so than the subaru I have now but the interior isnt the top priority in cars I buy. Funny enough though the centre dash in my hawkeye is almost identical to my 350z, same three silver ***** to control air con etc. Altogether a good package. I never had one wave from another 350z owner though like the dozens of waves I've had from subaru owners in the first month of owning a subaru. If you get a chance get a 350z. I loved it

Last edited by matth76; 31 May 2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old 31 May 2011, 09:11 PM
mybugeye
Scooby Regular

Lovely cars. Very reliable. Handle like rails round the twisties (dare I say it not far different to a scooby) when it's dry but I had a scary moment on a damp road coming out of a roundabout . It's a real looker and I always felt like I was in a more exotic car than it was and most people couldn't believe I'd spent the same as a ford focus to buy it. It's power delivery was very linear and didn't accelerate any where near as hard as the Subaru (the subaru has more than 100 extra lbs.ft torque though) but it was definitely a fun drive and outpaced most cars on the road and always felt like you were going slower than you were until you looked at the speedo! I had it in the bright blue colour, very similar actually to the newage rally blue on the car I have now, which suited it perfectly. If money was no object I'd have kept it and had the subaru too. But its not a practical car. Cant take passengers. The boot is cramped, and not good in frosty conditions. However it was good in the fact you could leave it in any gear and always have power. Not so with the Subaru. In the 350z I could literally go round a roundabout in 6th gear. In the subaru I have to constantly keep dropping gears when going round town and 6th gear is only possible over 50mph which can be tiresome.

I kept it failry standard and just fitted a second hand nismo exhaust (sounded amazing with this) and some kind of inlet manifold spacer and it saw around 280-290 bhp on the rollers. The interior was a bit plasticy, more so than the subaru I have now but the interior isnt the top priority in cars I buy. Funny enough though the centre dash in my hawkeye is almost identical to my 350z, same three silver ***** to control air con etc. Altogether a good package. I never had one wave from another 350z owner though like the dozens of waves I've had from subaru owners in the first month of owning a subaru. If you get a chance get a 350z. I loved it
That sounds great Matt!
I see one near where i work and that has the nismo exhaust and bodykit. The sound is amazing! I love the blue ones, way too many bronze and silver ones around. I think i would go for a black one though. I like to think i will own a 350z at some point in the not to distant future but they are still a bit expensive for now.
I was actually planning on getting a v6 golf after the scooby just for that 'v' growl!! haha
My scooby has been a great car, very reliable and didnt miss a beat through the winters. Im the same about the waves from other subaru owners, its really nice! I had a classic mini years ago and i used to love the waving with them!
I would like to try some 'v' engine cars and definitely try a classic sti scooby in the future.
Too many cars and not enough time and money!!
Old 31 May 2011, 11:06 PM
bottlesofbecks
Scooby Regular

The one on ebay went for 3100. Not saying its the best place to sell but it does give you an idea of what people are spending
Old 31 May 2011, 11:46 PM
mybugeye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bottlesofbecks
The one on ebay went for 3100. Not saying its the best place to sell but it does give you an idea of what people are spending
Thanks mate, I forgot to check when it ended!