Sponsored by:

York Raceway warning

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2011, 05:00 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default York Raceway warning

Went to York Raceway today for the 2nd time, we were enjoying the day until my wife started feeling a bit off so she went to sit in the car, 10 minutes laters I looked towards the spectators car park 150yards away and my wife was telling two kids off, the kids seemed to ignore her and carried on going between each and every car, dropping an hat every so often. 10's of people were stood staring at them in the car park. Anyway my wife waved me over so I left the track side and headed to the car park. She told me that the were stealing our Aluminium Subaru valve caps whilst she was in the car watching them!!!. She had told them to "get lost" etc only to see them taking all the caps off cars not 20 yards from ours.
Anyway the kids dad came back in the car park with them and I told him they'd been stealing valve caps off quite a few motors, he didn't seem bothered & said he'd have words with them, they put 3 caps back on 1 car and left together. the dad just walked off alone to join some friends. Meanwhile I'm still left without 3 valve caps and feeling rather angry at the arrogance of these fcukwits.
We decided to inform the security, on the way to the control office we saw the two kids sat on the terracing and as soon as they saw us and that we'd left the car park they bolted straight back to it, so my wife had to head back to keep an eye on the little thieves. When I got to the control office I gave them some reg plate numbers, the staff at York Raceway didn't seem interested 1 iota. Whilst I was explaining what had happened and what valve caps were their dad walked past and I pointed him out, again not bothered. Someone else came down and said "I better have a word with the dad, where is he?" I said "he's just there but I don't care I'm not coming back here again."

Dad's car to look out for if you plan on going - RA02 LXZ
If this is your friend this is one of the cars they took caps off - M95 RHD, Incidently I spoke to the owner of the car they'd put the caps back on and he told me his car didn't have caps on! They'd just put the caps back on the first car they saw.
Old 29 May 2011, 05:28 PM
sunny1989
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what a bunch of little f***s!! Thats a shame really as I've never encountered any trouble there over all these years. Only takes one scumbag and his poorly brought up little s***s to rewen it all!!

I know what you mean about the 'security'. They are bone idle.. they really could not give a s**t.. A good **** kicking is in order by the sounds of it, only way to get through to some people!

I'll have a look out for that reg next time, when I'm home...

Last edited by sunny1989; 29 May 2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old 29 May 2011, 05:30 PM
motofox
Scooby Regular

scum!!! really fookn annoys me when security or authorities dont give a shat once they've had ya money
Old 29 May 2011, 05:35 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

I feel a bit petty as it's only dust caps but the sheer arrogance of the family made me think we'd get a key on the paint work when they could see we were out of sight. My wife offered to stay with the car whilst we watched the racing but that isn't fair.
Old 29 May 2011, 05:40 PM
motofox
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RS_Matt
I feel a bit petty as it's only dust caps but the sheer arrogance of the family made me think we'd get a key on the paint work when they could see we were out of sight. My wife offered to stay with the car whilst we watched the racing but that isn't fair.
why should your misses have to sit in the car just cuz some uncontrolled brats get to do what they want round your pride and joy( i mean the car not ya misses)..starts at caps then probly wheel nuts
Old 29 May 2011, 05:43 PM
jukebox
Scooby Regular

RA02 LXZ Honda Accord 1.9. if anyone see,s it ram it , t*ats.
Old 29 May 2011, 05:58 PM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

Disgraceful mate. Shame on the raceway!!!
Old 29 May 2011, 07:31 PM
Big Pete
Scooby Regular

Never had any trouble when we're there but will keep a look out next time
Old 29 May 2011, 09:45 PM
EH52WRX
Scooby Regular

Whats the world coming too.
Old 29 May 2011, 10:22 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RS_Matt
It's not petty stealing is stealing no matter how small the value of the items and as you will discover those valve caps are about £5 a set, let alone the cost of the time and trouble to go out of your way to replace them.

Bring back the birch and the cat of nine tails that would solve the crime problem in this country.

and if the kids are under age the their parents should get the punishment.
Old 29 May 2011, 10:36 PM
More_Boost
Scooby Regular

Not very good PR for the event.
Old 30 May 2011, 08:46 AM
ice643
Scooby Regular

should give them lashes like they did in Singapore a few years back.
Old 30 May 2011, 08:58 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Probably pikeys.
Old 30 May 2011, 10:19 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

York Dragway is a ****hole anyway.
Old 30 May 2011, 11:35 AM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know, kids have been doing that kind of thing since the birth of time and unless they are taught to respect others property, will either grow out of it or eventually extend their activities into more serious crime. The biggest problem is that of feckless parents or in many cases 'parent' who offer little or no moral guidance to their accidental offspring.
I recently retired as a lecturer in a college of FE where, for the last seven years, I 'taught' year 10 and 11 kids for whom 'school did not work' most were street wise, urban and in a few cases, feral. With a few exceptions, parental support was often marginal with common cases where the kids were doing what their parents did before them and their parents did before them! Parenting by example was often quite obvious!

JohnD

Last edited by JohnD; 30 May 2011 at 03:06 PM.
Old 30 May 2011, 12:51 PM
B4D HK
Scooby Senior

Scoobyshoot out security was shocking ! I got called a c*nt by a female security officer following a dissagreement about parking! not very proffesional

spoke to her "manager" who to be honest needs a good slap too
Old 30 May 2011, 01:43 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by JohnD
You know, kids have been doing that kind of thing since the birth of time and unless they are taught to respect others property, will either grow out of it or eventually extend their activities into more serious crime. The biggest problem is that of feckless parents or in many cases 'parent' who offer little or no moral guidance to their accidental offspring.
I recently retired as a lecturer in a college of FE where, for the last seven years, I 'taught' year 10 and 11 kids for WHOME(?) 'school did not work' most were street wise, urban and in a few cases, feral. With a few exceptions, parental support was often marginal with common cases where the kids were doing what their parents did before them and their parents did before them! Parenting by example was often quite obvious!

JohnD
I hope that's a typographical error John.
Old 30 May 2011, 03:01 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
I hope that's a typographical error, John.
I didn't teach English, that's for sure!

JohnD

PS You left out a comma - I've put it in for you

Last edited by JohnD; 30 May 2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 30 May 2011, 03:07 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

York Raceway has always been very chavvy every time I have been. Would not go back.
Old 30 May 2011, 09:43 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Are there any other northern RWYB/Drag days similar to York Raceway/Elvington as we really enjoy watching the different types of vehicle go down the strips.
I'm hearing quite a lot of bad things about York Raceway on other sites too, a local tuner also told me that if it's not a 4x4, then running over 500bhp is a waste of time on such a dreadful track.
Old 30 May 2011, 09:58 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

If everyone on here who sees that car steals a wheel he'd be more inclined to take notice of stealing.
Old 30 May 2011, 10:57 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

It seems drag racing often attracts a certain type of spectator. Santa Pod is much the same. At the European drag racing finals last year, I had never seen so many tatooed women in one place at one time! There was even a tatoo tent in the trade area!

JohnD

Last edited by JohnD; 30 May 2011 at 10:58 PM.