Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fair Fuel Campaign Update

We need numbers!

From: The Fair Fuel UK Campaign [mailto:campaignnews@fairfueluk.com]
Sent: 22 April 2011 18:25
To:
Subject: Fair Fuel UK Campaign Post Budget Update

The FairFuelUK Update from Quentin Willson

Thank you for signing the FairFuelUK campaign petition. You were one of the 140,000 that helped us force the scrapping of the 5p fuel duty rise and made George Osborne become the first Chancellor for a decade to reduce duty. YOU MADE THAT HAPPEN. Believe it or not, prices would have been 6p even more on the increasing levels we have been seeing since the Budget. So, while we managed to get the government's undivided attention to the Budget day, they have failed us since.

The miserable 1p reduction in duty was swallowed up overnight and proved that tinkering round the edges and making empty political gestures achieves nothing. In fact I'd say the government made themselves look very foolish during the budget. Fuel duty is out of control. All our dire warnings are coming true. The £1.50 litre of diesel is probably only weeks away and the IMF agree that rising crude oil prices are a serious threat to UK growth. £2.00 a litre for diesel could become a awful reality.

On the website www.fairfueluk.com we have outlined the next phase of the FairFuelUK Campaign. We intend to focus on these 3 long haul campaign objectives with your support.
1. Try to stop all further duty rises on fuel in this Parliament
2. Aim to acheive parity with Europe in terms of duty. We pay on average 24p more than our EU colleagues
3. Set up an effective fair fuel price stabiliser
With over 30 million drivers in the UK we can make a difference, a real diffrence. We can force the government to control duty and protect the economy. If each one of you contact at least ten of your friends, relatives and colleagues we'll have over a million signatures. And if they do the same too, we'll have several million more. Just imagine how insecure those MPs will feel with this much pressure on their constituency seats.

Our new plans are set out at www.fairfueluk.com. Fuel is cheap, its the tax duty that's villainously expensive. So contact as many people as you can and let's start multiplying those numbers. Only together can we make this absolute insanity stop.

Thanks again for your support..

Quentin Willson
FairFuelUK

http://www.fairfueluk.com
For more details, contact:
Peter Carroll, Fair Fuel UK Campaign - Mob: 07866 800755
Lynne Beaumont, Fair Fuel UK Campaign - Mob: 07885940945
Howard ***, Fair Fuel UK Campaign - Mob: 07515 421611
This is email is NOT SPAM. You are receiving this email because you signed the Fair Fuel UK Petition with this email address: and agreed to receive updates while this campaign is live - If you do not wish to receive future notifications of what is happening in the Fair Fuel UK Campaign please click Unsubscribe to FFUK - IF you have unsubscribed before, please accept our apologies as due to the huge amount of emails we may have missed your instruction. Please unsubscribe again if this is the case and you will not be sent update emails in the future.
Old 27 April 2011, 01:59 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Signed, not that the inept government listen to it's people.
Old 28 April 2011, 12:27 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We'll the previous campaign stopped the planned rise and got an albeit petty reduction of 1p
Old 28 April 2011, 01:08 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It won't do anything.
Vote with you feet...i.e. start walking more and driving less.
I have had to start being careful with fuel for the first time in my life. Do I really need to go out or can it wait until I have to drive somewhere? Ask myself this question everytime I go for my keys now.

It sucks but it is the only way for oil companies and the government to listen. If demand decreases for a product, so should it's price.
Look at what happened in 2007/2008. It dropped from around £1.25 a litre to £0.80 a litre in a little over 6 months as everyone was too scared to spend.
Old 28 April 2011, 01:14 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by urban
We'll the previous campaign stopped the planned rise and got an albeit petty reduction of 1p
Just a shame the price of oil went up 8p ish just before and after the slash.