Sponsored by:

stopped 4 speeding

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2011, 04:14 PM
glosrob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stopped 4 speeding

was stopped for speeding last night on the way home from work at 12.30am.. think i was doing around 45 in a 30... 2 coppers followed me to the end of my road then decided to stop me.... having a crap night at work my attitude towards them was not the best... somewhere along the lines like havent u got anything ****in better to do.... as u could imagine it went down quite well... they did not have any camera proof but said i would be summoned to my local court because its 2 pigs word against 1 which obviously is mine... how many points do u think i am set to get... my license is clean from feb 24th... typical... will i just be able to plead guilty on the letter they send or will i have to go to court.. wont be the 1st time i may add....lol
Old 15 January 2011, 04:16 PM
SpecDscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3 would be the norm, but since you were an *** maybe 6...just kiddin, 3 is the norm.
Old 15 January 2011, 04:25 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know what is quite funny? The fact is that since you gave them grief they may have just given you a stern talking to and you wouldnt have got any points, but as you seem to not quite agree with the fact that you were in the wrong in the first place (50% over the limit) and dont seem to like authority, it will cost you 3-6 points as your going to court and a heavier fine.

Next time maybe a little respect and you may not have to cop the points
Oh and they are not pigs, they are police officers doing their job as we have police on here who own scoobs.

Tony
Old 15 January 2011, 04:41 PM
DJ_Jon
911 C4 pilot

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
You know what is quite funny? The fact is that since you gave them grief they may have just given you a stern talking to and you wouldnt have got any points, but as you seem to not quite agree with the fact that you were in the wrong in the first place (50% over the limit) and dont seem to like authority, it will cost you 3-6 points as your going to court and a heavier fine.

Oh and they are not pigs, they are police officers doing their job as we have police on here who own scoobs.

Tony
Well said!
Old 15 January 2011, 04:42 PM
glosrob
Scooby Regular

well im sorry to affend any pigs on here... he was very rude to me as soon as i got out of my car so why should i treat him with respect... yes i was speeding... im in the wrong, but that doesnt mean i should be spoken to like a tit... i seen atleast 5 taxi drivers speeding on the way home. do they stop them. no... so for ur info tony respect works both ways.... obviously mr perfects like u dont have any of these problems
Old 15 January 2011, 04:43 PM
200sex
Scooby Regular

agree with above kiss **** next time lol i allways do when i get pulled over even if its just to run check and never had a problem
Old 15 January 2011, 04:43 PM
glosrob
Scooby Regular

well said dj jon... duuuuuuuhhhhh
Old 15 January 2011, 04:47 PM
mark_sargeant1985
Scooby Newbie

this thread reminds me why i dont really come on this forum too often
Old 15 January 2011, 04:49 PM
P600wrx
Scooby Regular

plead guilty via post take the 3 ponts and the £60 fine i just did last week, if you goto court it will be 3 points but £60 fine £60 court costs and £15 to the victim support,

As for your experience with the said police on that night i have found it is hit n miss, i have been stopped by them and all i said is hello, and they start with a certain attitude that all police have my uncle is 1 he used to be like a big brother to me but now........

mutual resect works both ways respect the uniform not the mouth inside it
Old 15 January 2011, 04:51 PM
glosrob
Scooby Regular

ive no problem with aurthority... just problems with policemen who think they can talk to people how they want and then expect to be spoken to back politely.
Old 15 January 2011, 04:58 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Tony
If you'll pardon the pun. Yup, best to say "yes awficer, I know I done wrong, it's completely out of character"
Old 15 January 2011, 04:58 PM
P600wrx
Scooby Regular

same here mate
Old 15 January 2011, 04:59 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by glosrob
well im sorry to affend any pigs on here... so for ur info tony respect works both ways.... obviously mr perfects like u dont have any of these problems
LOL, what did Mr Bacon say to you exactly?
Old 15 January 2011, 05:02 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Well Rob it seems you have demonstrated perfectly why you were pulled and your attitude sucks, well take it on the chin, summons to court means your going to be hit harder unless they send you out a fixed penalty (doesnt sound like it), a bit of courtesy works 2 ways, if you cant show restraint then tough, you deserve what you get.

Tony
Old 15 January 2011, 05:06 PM
glosrob
Scooby Regular

got out of my car.. could u get back into ur car sir i will come to u.... do u no how fast u were going... no.... yeh u do... no i dont.... less of the attitude or u will be arrested. my attitude... have u ever been arrested before... yes.... well u wont want it again will u.... this 1 min after pulling over... enough said
Old 15 January 2011, 05:07 PM
glosrob
Scooby Regular

sorry mr perfect...
Old 15 January 2011, 05:10 PM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

We all break limits at times. You got caught. Accept responsibility and stop whingeing; those police may have been scraping some kid off the road half an hour beforehand. Maybe try meeting a family who has had someone killed by a speeder to understand why we have these laws in the first place, if you have trouble accepting being stopped.
Old 15 January 2011, 05:11 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Well here is my story when I was pulled by a motorway traffic cop, a little less attitude to what you did.

I was doing well, a little more than the speed limit, saw the x5 pull onto the motorway down the slip road, slowed down, passed him at 70, he then overtakes, gets to the side, looks across, pulls in front, hits the lights and pulls me over.
Cop gets out of the car, asks me if I know how quick I was going, I say yes about 80mph, cop says well I was checking to see if you were wearing your seatbelt first but I noticed you were going a little quick, then said that there is no need to rush around at the speeds I was doing and that I should take it steady from now on, no grief to the cop, no grief from the cop, then told me how to safely pull away off the hard shoulder and presto, no hassle, no grief, no points, simple.

Tony
Old 15 January 2011, 05:13 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

challenge it all the way,, if they dont have camera proof it wont stand up in court,

even though theres 2 of them they dont have any evidence to say u were speeding,thats why they have cameras in cars etc, as some cops will tell lies!!!

even if ure having a crap day its best to be nice as most will go round the car to pick up on other things just because u had a bad attitude,
Old 15 January 2011, 05:21 PM
glosrob
Scooby Regular

that just it... he said he was gonna do that and did not bother in the end.. no checks or naf.. finally someone who is thinking the same as me... cheers tom
Old 15 January 2011, 05:25 PM
06wrx
Scooby Regular

Well here is my story when I was pulled by a motorway traffic cop, a little less attitude to what you did.

I was doing well, a little more than the speed limit, saw the x5 pull onto the motorway down the slip road, slowed down, passed him at 70, he then overtakes, gets to the side, looks across, pulls in front, hits the lights and pulls me over.
Cop gets out of the car, asks me if I know how quick I was going, I say yes about 80mph, cop says well I was checking to see if you were wearing your seatbelt first but I noticed you were going a little quick, then said that there is no need to rush around at the speeds I was doing and that I should take it steady from now on, no grief to the cop, no grief from the cop, then told me how to safely pull away off the hard shoulder and presto, no hassle, no grief, no points, simple.

Tony
in my eperience it depends which officer you get, some dont like paperwork ! so '' on your way sir ''. ive seen it done !
Old 15 January 2011, 05:26 PM
glosrob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hedgecutter
We all break limits at times. You got caught. Accept responsibility and stop whingeing; those police may have been scraping some kid off the road half an hour beforehand. Maybe try meeting a family who has had someone killed by a speeder to understand why we have these laws in the first place, if you have trouble accepting being stopped.
i.ve owned fast cars now for ten years... and had 6 points over that time... not bad id say... i am not a boy racer and never have been. i understand the safety of other drivers and pedestrians. not all people who are knocked over is driver error... fact....
Old 15 January 2011, 05:26 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

somewhere along the lines like havent u got anything ****in better to do....
"Yes, we do actually.... but because of idiots like you wasting our time we're not able to do it"
Old 15 January 2011, 05:28 PM
QUICKSCOOB
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hedgecutter
Absolutely spot on.I got stopped for speeding (40 in a 30),no speed camera evidence,their word against mine,got breathylised,was told my window tints were too dark and my number plates were illegal.The result,no back chat=be more careful next time sir.Maybe one day i may need the asisstance of those same officers.If somebody has clearly broken the law,but shows no remorse,take it like a man and don't post on here expecting sympathy.
Old 15 January 2011, 05:32 PM
glosrob
Scooby Regular

another pigs nerve i have touched... i love it.. get some manners and respect u dirty pigs... just like ur collegues respect u. dci pig...
Old 15 January 2011, 05:34 PM
mystery_machine
Scooby Regular

omg how old are you?
Old 15 January 2011, 05:35 PM
glosrob
Scooby Regular

whos asking for sympathy.. al i asked was how many points i would be expecting.... noob
Old 15 January 2011, 05:35 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

another pigs nerve i have touched... i love it.. get some manners and respect u dirty pigs... just like ur collegues respect u. dci pig...
What an uneducated little ****** you appear to be ..... Same old "hard man" story, caught doing 45 in a 30, posts on here crying about how unfair the world is and then acts like a retard calling everyone names... crack on little man
Old 15 January 2011, 05:36 PM
glosrob
Scooby Regular

Old 15 January 2011, 05:37 PM
quattroowner
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

a man was driving on the highway with his hood down and he desides... **** it im going to go fast so he hits the gas and gets to 100mph when he sees a cop turn the lights on so the guy hits the gas harder
but then realizes he shouldnt run and pulls over ,,when the cop gets to his door the cop says this is the end of my shift and its been a long day for both of us, i dont want to do the paper work so i tell you what if you give me a excuse why you ran that i havent heard i will let you go

so the guy thinks for a sec and says " well my wife ran off with a cop the other day and i thought you where trying to give her back"
the cop threw him his wallet and he was free to go.

Quick Reply: stopped 4 speeding