Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2011, 08:08 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Caveat Emptor - SLAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey
For your knowledege I understand someone phoned here late Friday afternoon around 15:30 wanting the address. They were very unclear and when questioned they said they were phoning for someone called Peter from Doncaster and they were sending a parcel.
I can only conclude this is your parcel and it certainly is if your name is Peter.
You clearly have a problem Slab and I don't think I need to say any more.
Just arrange the refund you promised yesterday, today or tomorrow and we will put the matter to bed.
Regards,
Harvey.

Listerm Mr Harveymy names not Peter I havnt rung you, you sent me your address not phone number so how do I ring you and why would I.
I havnt a problem m8 you have the chip on ya shoulder not me. All for being 1 day late Ive sold over 3 thou items on ebay and other sites and never in my time come across a selfish and argumentative PRAT like your self over 1 day late sending.
sent the items back and i will be glad to refund you also when you get them tomorrow think on what you wrote to me , Harvey ive tride to say sorry for the day late parcel but you seem to think you can email me and tell me theres something wrong with me lolol your out of order m8.
Just been in touch with my pal who sends my parcel Harvey you idot that was the couirer wanting to deliver so who ever pic the phone up they got it wrong.
SLAB

I was simply adding to your knowledge attempting to assist you.
You clearly have a very unsatisfactory attitude and if you think that taking payment prior to Christmas and agreeing to send 4 January which was acceptable and having someone on the phone to us late 7 January wanting my address when you have told me the goods are already shipped 5 January is satisfactory you clearly should not be trading on Scoobynet.
I note your use of the words Prat and Idiot and think it is unfortunate that you conduct yourself in this manner.
You told me it was Royal Mail Signed For and now you are telling me it is a Courier. I have asked on several occasions for the tracking number which you tell me is not available and I have asked for postal receipt none of which are forthcoming. Are you telling lies or do you just not know what you are doing. Guys like you should not be trading on Scoobynet.
Please make a full refund today.
Regards,
Harvey.

In the interests of clarity the goods in question were paid for by Paypal to
ANN lengyel at the request of SLAB 19-12-10. I accepted they could be sent 4 January at SLABs suggestion.
Old 10 January 2011, 09:04 AM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

The general tone of their response and lack of clear spelling should make people wary of dealing with such a trader.
Old 10 January 2011, 11:39 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by andy97
The general tone of their response and lack of clear spelling should make people wary of dealing with such a trader.
hes a crap speller, so he must be dodgy
Old 10 January 2011, 03:03 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

19 December I make payment.

Right Slab.
I will have the bits listed.
Can you send them to me by APC or similar carrier and how much for the delivery.
Can you take Paypal? Otherwise I will need to arrange a bank transfer.
Regards,
Harvey.

HOW MANY COIL PACKS M8 IVE 12 ALSO THINK THE MAFFS GONE A MISS WILKL LOOK AGAIN TOMOROR

Hi Slab,
Happy Christmas. Can I have an update please.
Best Wishes,
Harvey.

26 December SLAB wrote:

hi m8 soon as post office open they going
there all wrapped up but didnt want to send then so close to christmas and with the snow causing loads of back log they would only got lost or damaged.
Slab
o
29 December SLAB wrote:

goming to day m8 with parcelforcewill needsigning for, coils all cleaned and checked you have a nice set there m8
Slab

07 January 16:42 I send :

How come my bits are not shipped yet?
Regards,
Harvey.

They have m8 went royalmail sign for on the 4th due to parcel have stopped collection til there back logs sorted thats what they telling me so give it a bit more time Harvey, dont worry m8 they on there way.
Slab

So 8 January, after Royal Mail parcel delivery has been, I wrote....politely :

Hi Slab,
Please send me the Royal Mail tracking number.
The stuff was paid for on the 19th and I agreed there was no need to send it until 4 January but Royal Mail which I use every day and have received deliveries from and sent stuff out with every day last week are operating normally.

Regards,
Harvey

Response :

Just waitingfor the reply of the person that send my parcels to get back to me
Am realy sorry about the delay m8

Followed by this :

Just had a reply m8 (gonna be monday now at the earliest if he dont get it today still time today yet)
SLAB

Followed by this, all within the space of 11 minutes :

Just had a reply m8 (gonna be monday now at the earliest if he dont get it today still time today yet)
SLAB
Just reviced another email it was thursday they went m8 theres no tracking number its just sign for

So at 11:22 in response to the three above and considering the possibility that the items have not been sent in the fist place, I respond :

Because of weather and logistic considerations I was quite happy for it to ship on 4 January. Clearly that did not happen and if it is not here on Tuesday 11 January I will not be happy.
Regards,
Harvey.

11:45.

You can be Dopy ,Sneezy, sleepy ,doc, happy, or evan grumpy
Theres nothing can do M8 but refund you. Was`nt done intentional with the snow and new year thought you would have understood more

I respond 12:09 :

I won't be turning this in to a debate. I know all about the problems with courier companies and Royal Mail over Christmas but if I pay for something the week before Christmas and accept it will not be despatched until 4 January that is exactly what I expect to happen and would happen if you had attended to it properly.
I asked for the tracking number which you said was not available. Fine. You did not even offer the postal receipt.
Now if you think all that is satisfactory you are doing business in a completely different manner to me and if I havn't got what I paid for on 19 December on 11 January I will have every reason to be very unhappy. Don't bother replying to this just get the goods here on Tuesday.
Regards,
Harvey. __________________

Next episode later.
Old 10 January 2011, 04:19 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

doesnt sound to good

hope it gets all sorted ok
Old 10 January 2011, 04:29 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I like the 7 dwarfs reference - that was funny you have to admit.

He has messed about with the shipping of the item thats for sure - I wouldn't be happy either.
Old 10 January 2011, 04:42 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Edd : I am all for a laugh but this is a michael take so I guess I will have to sort it.

Next episode.

Predictably the response is not long in coming :
12:27. 8 January.
I will reply and ill say it again MR HARVEY It was sent out a day late and after the christmas spell and the snow any normal person would understand and not be shouting the orders out as i said in my last email I
will refund you.
GET A GRIP MAN AND CHILL YOUR SELF DOWN
Its how its fell with the week end.
EVAN IF THEY WAS SENT ON THE 4TH ITS STILL POSSABLE THEY COULD NOT GET THERE TILL MONDAY.
POINTLESS SHOUTING ORDERS OUT M8
I WISH THEY WAS STILL HERE THEN I WOULDNT HAVE TO DEAL WITH A PERSON LIKE YOUR SELF, AND SOME SAY YOUR A DECENT CHAP.
MY 1ST AND LAST DEALING WITH YOU PAL

12:40
I look forward to your full refund. Obviously if it is already posted as you claim, it will turn up with date of posting showing and I will then send it back to you.
If you are not around to deal with these things yourself maybe you should look at delegating to someone that can be relied on.
99% of my dealings on Scoobynet are good but you have not done what you said you would do which was already acceptable to me and you have not even offered proof of posting 4 days after the items should have been posted.
Just look at your conduct and think about it.
Regards,
Harvey.

12:47
Yes Harvey my conduct is a little out of order but when you got someone like your self sending demanding emails winds me up ,I have told you whats happernd its out of my hands and if you look at my dealings am 100% not 99% so you being !% out should understand the reason why they one day late posting them,

Also please check the post mark it should saythe 5th if it says anything differant am sorry as thats what ive been told.
Slab

13:06
Will do.
Regards,
Harvey.

Now more information comes to light and it may be related to Slab. There are no other unaccounted parcels. Best let Slab know as it sounds as if someone else was involved on his behalf.

9 January. 15:50.

FYI
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For your knowledege I understand someone phoned here late Friday afternoon around 15:30 wanting the address. They were very unclear and when questioned they said they were phoning for someone called Peter from Doncaster and they were sending a parcel.
I can only conclude this is your parcel and it certainly is if your name is Peter.
You clearly have a problem Slab and I don't think I need to say any more.
Just arrange the refund you promised yesterday, today or tomorrow and we will put the matter to bed.
Regards,
Harvey.

Brought this response. 9 January. 20:34

Listerm Mr Harveymy names not Peter I havnt rung you, you sent me your address not phone number so how do I ring you and why would I.
I havnt a problem m8 you have the chip on ya shoulder not me. All for being 1 day late Ive sold over 3 thou items on ebay and other sites and never in my time come across a selfish and argumentative PRAT like your self over 1 day late sending.
sent the items back and i will be glad to refund you also when you get them tomorrow think on what you wrote to me , Harvey ive tride to say sorry for the day late parcel but you seem to think you can email me and tell me theres something wrong with me lolol your out of order m8.
Just been in touch with my pal who sends my parcel Harvey you idot that was the couirer wanting to deliver so who ever pic the phone up they got it wrong.
SLAB

This really is tedious and I respond this morning 08:01 :

I was simply adding to your knowledge attempting to assist you.
You clearly have a very unsatisfactory attitude and if you think that taking payment prior to Christmas and agreeing to send 4 January which was acceptable and having someone on the phone to us late 7 January wanting my address when you have told me the goods are already shipped 5 January is satisfactory you clearly should not be trading on Scoobynet.
I note your use of the words Prat and Idiot and think it is unfortunate that you conduct yourself in this manner.
You told me it was Royal Mail Signed For and now you are telling me it is a Courier. I have asked on several occasions for the tracking number which you tell me is not available and I have asked for postal receipt none of which are forthcoming. Are you telling lies or do you just not know what you are doing. Guys like you should not be trading on Scoobynet.
Please make a full refund today.
Regards,
Harvey.

Followed by :

I wont make any refund are you off your head man your wired up wrong the phone call friday was from the royal mail trying to deliver your parcel, soon as I recive the items back i will refund you untill then you havnt chance I want the goods that was sent to you on 5th ooopppp sorry about ONE day out.
Theres somthing realy wrong with you m8 if you think you can talk to me the way you have go see your doc m8 your not right in the head.
And as for the mix up in who pick the parcel up interlink express are not picking parcel up from my friends little bussness so he sent it royal mail sign for. how hard is it to read between the lines m8, I use to think theres a bloke who knows his stuff but what a prat you are m8.
do you think am lieing to you, if so I deserve a medal to keep this up.
Clearly your just someone who had his own way for far to long I promise you this fat lad, carry on calling me a lier and action will be taking
I was told not to deal with you, but I thought they had some grudge with you, wish I had listernd.
Guys like me shouldnt be dealing on scoobie net man you have a nerve you done nothing but insult me callme a lier demanded money (refund) your the one that shouldnt be aloud to deal
OH FOR YOUR INFOMATION ROYAL MAIL AND INTERLINK EXPRESS ARE HTE SAME COMPANY.
So I got them mix up wow lets start calling Slab and insulting him read your email m8 your the one with bad manner i just dont sit back and let bigheads like you self bully me my grammer is bad my spellings bad i usely sort out things mouth to mouth but the distance is to far to waste my time on a person like your self.

Here you AG 1356 7128 7gb

This is the conversation ive had withthe person who sent it for me.
we can send him the recorded number if that would help but am 100% sure hes gonna get it today
marty says:
do you want the number to send him
Tommie says:
]yes anything to get to himoff me back
marty says:
AG 1356 7128 7gb
marty says:
he,ll see u werent lying as soon as he chcks number u gave him before he got it.
And ive not made this up

AND 27 minutes later. Monday 10th @ 12:49.

Check the track and trace number it will be the same as the one on the parcel also the dates.
Dont bother Appoligising It wouldnt be excepted
And then leave me alone PLEASE

What a pity.
As of half an hour ago the tracking number was still unrecognised by the Royal Mail Tracking system.

Last edited by harvey; 10 January 2011 at 04:46 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 10 January 2011, 05:07 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately Harvey, if it is a "Recorded, Signed For" delivery via the Royal Mail the tracking information will only become available after the delivery has been made and even then it will take a few days to be available.

I've taken this directly from the Royal Mail Track & Trace webpage :

"Recorded Signed For™ items are only tracked after the item has been delivered. Depending on whether the item was sent first or second class, this may be a few days after posting. Please try again later.
Information on your item is not yet available online."

It's a pants system to be honest, and sometimes never even gets updated by the Royal Mail.
Old 10 January 2011, 05:16 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Is this person a retard, or just thick?
That attempt at "spelling" is unreal.
Old 10 January 2011, 05:32 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
Unfortunately Harvey, if it is a "Recorded, Signed For" delivery via the Royal Mail the tracking information will only become available after the delivery has been made and even then it will take a few days to be available.

I've taken this directly from the Royal Mail Track & Trace webpage :

"Recorded Signed For™ items are only tracked after the item has been delivered. Depending on whether the item was sent first or second class, this may be a few days after posting. Please try again later.
Information on your item is not yet available online."

It's a pants system to be honest, and sometimes never even gets updated by the Royal Mail.
What a hopeless system
Old 10 January 2011, 05:42 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That's not strictly true. As soon as you have RSF it will record the delivery location on the system which you can view via track and trace on the PO website Then it will be updated when delivered. But in this case at least you would know it was posted and where !
Old 10 January 2011, 06:28 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

The below should be self evident.
I collected the parcel as yet unopened around 17:20 from the Royal Mail sorting office in Darlington. Despite assurances to the contrary that this was posted 4th January, then 5th January and fabrications about Royal Mail not collecting etc. I suspect nothing was done about despatching this, for whatever reason until around 15:30 Friday 7 January.
Some honest communication would have gone a long way and I am sure I never deal with anyone in this manner. The truth on Friday would have avoided all this hoo ha.

"Guys like you should not be trading on Scoobynet."
I am not a trader Harvey am just some one whos into Subaru and the bits that I dont use that I come across, I try to sell swap or partx to people on scooby net, to put towards my project not making a living out of it.
Your item with reference AG135671287GB was delivered from our DARLINGTON Delivery Office on 10/01/11.
Can you please tell me the date of postage on the items you have recived.
Slab

I collected a box from Darlington Sorting Office approximately 17:20 and I am only just in.
I last tried to track this around 16:15 and it could not be tracked.
This is Royal Mail Signed For AG 1356 7128 7GB.
There is no date stamp.
The parcel is properly addressed.
The parcel also bears a sticker "Royal Mail Postage Paid DN28260" and was therefore paid for under a company licence. It also has a red sticker marked "Total number of bags 16."
The box for packet is ticked.
5014693753 DN28260.
The return address on the reverse is :
136 Milton Walk, Doncaster, DN1 3QJ.

The Royal Mail have already delivered here today and the Royal Mail did not phone here on Friday because they were trying to make a delivery. I suspect that phone call was from whoever you entrusted this parcel with.

Despite assurances this would go 4 January and your claims that it went 5 January it obviously didn't leave Doncaster until after 15:30 Friday.
When I previouslyl asked for tracking information you fobbed me off with it was not avaialbe but then came up with it. Furthermore, you wanted to explain to me about Parcel Force and Royal Mail. I know exactly how Parcel Force and Royal Mail works as I use them every day.
You need to get things sorted out at your end. When I made perfectly reasonable and polite requests for honest information you started demonstrating a most unsatisfactory nature. If you think paying for something on 19th December and delivering late on 10th January is satisfactory we are living worlds apart.
Your impudence and conduct are noted.
Regards,
Harvey.

It is obvious that this package was sent through an intermediary and a company licence facility was used.
It is also obvious that on this service you are unable to track the consignment until it is signed for.
Old 10 January 2011, 07:19 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by j4mou
hes a crap speller, so he must be dodgy
Although whenever disagreements such as this occur when the purchase of goods is involved, you can almost always guarantee one or both of those involved won't be able to spell, punctuate or generally string a coherent sentence together.
It is usually an indicator of low intelligence.
Old 10 January 2011, 07:25 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

I can't understand a word the fecktard says... and chance one of the resident "General" neds can translate
Old 10 January 2011, 08:58 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Stevie1982 is a "friend" - come on Steve, what's going on

TX.
Old 10 January 2011, 09:05 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

The finale, hopefully:

Harvey have you forgot about the snow we all got nacked the whole country, I sent you email saying be better to leave it till after christmas due to the postal being messed up with the snow, you was happy to do that, so what your blabbing on about is false you new it was going to be posted in Janaury, Also whats going to pick it up, got to do with me. If the royal wasnt up to your exspectation have a word with them ive told you when the parcel was sent, And your still calling me a liar carnt win with you.
When you asked me for the tracking number I was told there wasnt one. Then I was sent one, which I sent straight to, well done on the postge dedective work i told youthey was sent by someone who has there own busness.
Your a bully m8 all because of your status I wont be talked to the way started to talk to me. You have your parts which are in very good condition and you must happy as you have not bitched about them so lets put this to bed.

Happy New[/quote]

Slab: I already realised you have problems with the written word and I have made allowance for you but maybe you don't understand things too.
I already accepted you were not shipping until 4 January. No problem. You told me it was sent 5 January which it was not. It was sent 7 January late in the afternoon and received here Monday teatime ie. Friday evening to Monday evening so I have no beef with the Royal Mail and your delivery arrangements are your problem, not mine.
I havn't bullied you. I have been polite in every communication despite you resorting to name calling and insolence. I have only asked what was reasonable. I asked you for a tracking number and you told me one wasn't available when I know perfectly well tracking numbers are available for Royal Mail Signed For. I asked you for proof of posting. In the circumstances quite normal but it was not forthcoming. You went off on one in a very insolent manner telling me about Parcel Force. Are you really that thick. Look back through your past emails.
Please do not use the Royal Mail and weather as an excuse. The Royal Mail has been back to normal since 4 January. You need to look at whoever you entrusted this delivery with.
Glad we got all that cleared up. Good bye.
Old 10 January 2011, 10:59 PM
chris-boris
Scooby Regular

Old 11 January 2011, 12:33 AM
beastgtir
Scooby Regular

Hardly worth bitching about, he posted it a couple of days late..
To be honest, you gave him slack then moaned when he went over buy a few days.

If you include there was 2 non working days in between you recieving your goods, they were only 2 days late..
Old 11 January 2011, 08:50 AM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by beastgtir

If you include there was 2 non working days in between you recieving your goods, they were only 2 days late..
Although this is a fair observation, I think the point is that the seller was talking nonsense about when the item was posted. Then when rumbled, proceeded to insult by PM. I'm sure if he was honest, confessed to not sending the item when promised, explained and situation in a mature manner and apologised, it would not be a problem.

I do not understand what is so difficult about sending a package. I use Royal Mail Special Delivery and make sure it is in the post the day following payment. I immediately PM the buyer the with tracking number (which is on the receipt) and ask them to confirm when they have received the item.
Old 11 January 2011, 08:57 AM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Hmmm.. are you a "friend" of Slab by any chance
Old 11 January 2011, 09:21 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I think the point is that the guy WAS given slack, TOOK more, then took the p*ss telling halftruths at best.

That type of seller is best avoided.
Old 11 January 2011, 09:28 AM
peter a
Scooby Regular

Thread story so far...

Harvey orders parts and pays for them.
Agrees they will be posted after Xmas.
Parts are a couple of days later than Harvey expected them.
Harveys fly's off the deep end and starts emailing the guy.
Seller is not the most eloquent of chaps and his replies are not to Harveys satisfaction either in content or standard of spelling and grammar.
Slagging match then ensues which Harvey decides to post all of in an open forum.
Parts turn up a couple of days late in good condition, Harvey still not happy still posting about it.

Verdict: The seller is perhaps not the most organised person on Scoobynet and writes in Text talk.
Harvey overreacted completely and needs to Chill out a little bit. ( and you did bully him intellectuality a little bit)

I think you should both do this and smile...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y NSFW
Old 11 January 2011, 10:44 AM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

I know it's pantomime season but that's an amazing over-reaction.
What do you do when something IMPORTANT goes wrong?
Old 11 January 2011, 11:20 AM
ramdor
Scooby Regular

tbh, anyone sending anything this day and age worth ££ without being able to track it and have insurance, is barking mad.

The seller would have tipped me over the edge tbh as well.
Old 11 January 2011, 12:33 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by legb4rsk
I know it's pantomime season but that's an amazing over-reaction.
What do you do when something IMPORTANT goes wrong?
God forbid LOL. Storm in a tea cup springs to mind. I really hate these name and shame threads as it puts the admin team in a difficult position on ascertaining fairness and bowing to pressure to action upon it (we still have "no name and shame" in the rules, even though we let things slide due to pressure from the user base) . Especially in cases where whoever has the best English skills can make a situation look one sided.

However, seeing I've popped up, I'm duty bound to point some common sense things out: Firstly and most importantly I would have never proceeded with a distance transaction with a person with such poor communication (re: English) skills in the first place.

Secondly, I will NEVER go ahead with a transaction or pay any funds out if it cannot be fully completed from start to end within a week. If given justification I will give 10 working days absolute MAX. There no excuse in this day and age for a transaction to take longer than this, most couriers can get goods delivered within 3-4 working days. Bank transfers take 24hrs and pay-pal is more or less instant. As such I will expect tracking numbers for said good with 24hrs of releasing funds, otherwise I cancel them.

Finally, I will also take measures to ensure I recoup my money if my working week rule isn't met or I start being given weak excuses (like my gran's ill, held back at work etc...forget it I've heard them all, so don't even start; If you are too busy/preoccupied to buy/sell, then you shouldn't be making transactions). I will expect a tracking number within 24hrs of releasing funds on the agreed day of postage; No excuses. If the other party cannot fulfil the pre-arranged agreement in a tardy manner for whatever reason, I am no longer interested in the goods nor the transaction and I will seek to do business with someone else. As often is the case, proceeding further will only waste further time/expense.

If I was Harvey, my funds wouldn't have even left my bank account. So caveat emptor; Don't let oneself get into a position that allows oneself to be messed about, otherwise you only have oneself to blame.

That may sound self righteous, but that's how I do business. Be it private or trade. So I may not get bargain of the century, big deal, life's too short. Certainly when it comes to a bunch of second hand coil packs; Which due their very nature aren't exactly the most robust of items and can potentially leave the buyer very vulnerable to receiving the odd duffer. I'm not implying anything dishonest here, I just know the nature of coil packs from experience; A duff coil pack maybe OK on a factory BHP car, but stick it in a built high BHP car running lots of boost and it car start to give issues. Also from personally dissecting faulty coil packs, I know some brands of coil packs contain brittle ceramic insulators, so I know they may not tolerate excessive handling be it on removal, cleaning or in postage (cracked insulator=leaky spark=misfire).

Last edited by ALi-B; 11 January 2011 at 12:35 PM.
Old 11 January 2011, 12:37 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Can you now delete the thread?
Old 11 January 2011, 12:57 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Makes what I just posted a waste of my time as nobody will read it? (not assuming anyone will, but hey-ho, such is life ).

On reflection though I will to lock it, as I know the seller's response will likely just turn this thread into another slanging match.

I guess Harvey's had his soap box, so there is little benefit to continue. I know some users disagree about thread locking/deletions and love to have this dirty laundry dragged out in the public eye (be it one-sided, balanced or otherwise), but as far as I can see, I feel this particular thread has served its initial purpose.