Sponsored by:

what an idiot

Search this Thread

Old 12 December 2010, 01:20 AM
stann01
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what an idiot

recently put my car on ebay to sell, put a buy it now price on the auction.
this was tuesday night, came home from work next morning to see someone used the buy it now.

great i thought, logged into ebay to see they messaged me asking for my mobile to discuss so i sent it by mail.

not erd a peep, so mailed twice thursday and friday, nothing

tonight they decide to message me at 21.30 asking if the "scoob" still for sale?

i messaged back asking if it was the joker by ebay name, nothing.........so mailed again saying hello? proper messer.

got text again at 23.53 saying "what you mean"

WHY
Old 12 December 2010, 01:24 AM
Pink_Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can totally relate to you mate, I had all sorts of jokers mess me around when selling my last car. Random texts, wanting the car delivered, stupidly low offers at half the asking price, you name it I got it

Good luck with the sale
Old 12 December 2010, 01:32 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pink_Floyd
I can totally relate to you mate, I had all sorts of jokers mess me around when selling my last car. Random texts, wanting the car delivered, stupidly low offers at half the asking price, you name it I got it

Good luck with the sale
I had worse than that lol, I advertised my old classic on pistonheads as breaking and I had about a dozen texts and emails asking me how much to buy it complete

If I'd advertised it complete nobody would have been interested so in the end I changed the photo of the car to a bare shell
Old 12 December 2010, 11:41 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

If they've bought it then it's bought! Run a complaint on EBay if they're messing you around. Too many people just give up & let EBay arseholes off scott free.

Example - just bought a 40gb hard drive for XBox which turns out to be 14gb when it arrives

TX.
Old 12 December 2010, 01:34 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

agree with the above .. report the ****er
Old 12 December 2010, 02:45 PM
Timur 008
Scooby Regular

My experience some years now on an old Austin Mini i sold for £800 i put up in the London Loot paper, had a call 10:30pm on a sunday for someone to come veiw the car & thought ok as the person said they we're local why not. They arrived 15min later on a cold winters day wearing flipflops-(sandlels)! anyhow he looked round the car & said can we go on a test drive? i said ok.. he made me drive him about then looked at my advert stuck on the car 800 ono & then turned to me & said "i give you £300 now" i was like i put this car up for a reasonable price & or near offer but not for less then half price sale i then dropped him off in the middle of nowhere & thought have that for your offer & wasting my time.
Old 12 December 2010, 09:41 PM
stann01
Scooby Regular

i have opened an unpaid case up, is this the same as reporting them??
never had to do this before so bare with me!
Old 12 December 2010, 10:15 PM
Paul&bon
Scooby Regular

I brought a set of tein suspension for my old skyline. The guy didn't have paypal so I sent postal orders. When I got home eBay had closed his account and another for bidding up auctions. Needless to say I didn't receive them. I couldn't put in a complaint so had to do a fraud report for the police who by the way said the had a top team dealing with fraud on eBay. I heard sod all. It annoys me that someone has got away with my hard earned.
Old 13 December 2010, 10:20 AM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

I'm in the process of selling my Landrover D3 on ebay...

2 offers of £15, two more at significantly less than it's worth (£5k off), one guy has rang me 3 times saying he has the cash but is offering to little.... and two more guys who were really keen and wanted to come and view it...so I had it valeted at the weekend... no show from either of them...
Bloody time wasters