Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scooby Newbie Question Part 2 - Many thanks for last thread, buying advice

Search this Thread

Old 23 September 2010, 01:35 PM
ANDY597
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scooby Newbie Question Part 2 - Many thanks for last thread, buying advice

Hello again folks. Well, following on from my previous post asking for buying assistance, I am now the proud owner of my first scoobie. The pictures from the advert didnt really do it justice and if its nice this weekend I will take some decent pictures.
Moley sort me out with the necessary insurance and I have been truly enjoying it ever since.
I have a few questions though if you folks dont mind and Im sorry if some of them sound thick, but im on a steep scoobie learning curve here.

1. Does anybody else's windscreen wipers occasionally overreach and hit the windscreen pillar ? This happens to me every so often dependant on what speed I have them set and its doing my nut in. How can I fix this ?

2. Whats a normal reading for the Air / Fuel on my apexi turbo timer, Im currently reading 14.1 - 14.7 on idling, 20.00 max value when I lift off. And havent been wide open yet to find the lower end of the spectrum, however 110mph on my recent trip to the german autobahn (cough) was reading about 12 ish.

3. Is anybody using Evoscan with a ebay vag cable. I have just bought this and its only seems to connect for a second or so and then cyclces through a reconnection endlessley. What do I need the front page settings to be, what boxes have you ticked, options selected and baud rates etc etc etc.

4. Is there any display units that are capable of displaying evoscan without carrying your laptop about.

5. Wheres the best place to buy a replacement drivers seatbelt in dark grey, foglight covers in white, and new rear foglight switch.
(seatbelt works, but its lazy at going back in the slot)(switch also works but its not original and therefore its pants.)

6. Is it worth getting it re-mapped by Andy Forrest, he is literally 15 minutes drive from my house. Im not interested in modding it and getting lots more bhp, im more interested in keeping it really nice and it running perfectly in its current format. I have mods planned, but they will be subtle. Its had a decat pipe, and its plenty fast for me.
However at £550 for a remap, its a lot of dough that I could spend on spit and polish and other stuff. What benefits could I realistically expect from outlaying this cash.

Many thanks everybody, I appreciate your time and support
Old 23 September 2010, 01:46 PM
mr hat
Scooby Regular

what model is it? have u a link to the advert? you must be local to me if your 15 mins from andy, where abouts you from? whats the spec on your car?
Old 23 September 2010, 02:40 PM
ANDY597
Scooby Regular

Hello Mr Hat, tried to find the original advert but it now seems to have been taken off gumtree.

Im on the other side of tranent. Have Pm'd you more precise location

Spec is white wrx import on a 99. Turbo timer, mid level spoiler, various sti bits including seats, decals, mudflaps etc, 4 pot Subaru calipers, decat, dump valve, couple of extra gauges, 17 inch rota boosts in dark grey, tein coilovers, Oh and a loud exhaust. Bout sums it up.
Old 23 September 2010, 04:08 PM
mr hat
Scooby Regular

i would look to getting it mapped by andy then if its an import just to be on the safe side, imports dont like uk fuel even the v power, if its a 99 model it should be fine to get ecutek software.
Old 23 September 2010, 08:50 PM
mr hat
Scooby Regular

sorry mate never even heard of evoscan?