Car Insurance renewal notice

Search this Thread

Old 17 September 2010, 01:46 PM
scooby1doo1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car Insurance renewal notice

Got a letter 10mins ago last yr £379 this yr £552 WTF

Directline customer help line here we go, after 5mins thats the best they can do.
Told me all insurances have gone up over the last yr and can not do nothing for me, been with these for the last 7-8yrs.
Told him i have house through your aswell, you are on max discount bonus sir.

Rant over
Old 17 September 2010, 02:04 PM
Mark'sWRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here. Last 3 years £470ish. This year (renewal 2 weeks ago) £756!!!

I think it's all these foreign scammers claiming for injuries in deliberate crashes that have been in the news recently. They should be cracking down on these so we don't get shafted.
Old 17 September 2010, 02:21 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Feckin' outrageous!
Old 17 September 2010, 02:28 PM
dpn
Scooby Regular

Too true, there is light at the end of the tunnel though. If you have more than 1 car to insure try admiral. My pals got an RS4 and his mrs 118d BMW together they pay £500!!! Worth a look at least.
Old 17 September 2010, 02:38 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby1doo1
Got a letter 10mins ago last yr £379 this yr £552 WTF

Directline customer help line here we go, after 5mins thats the best they can do.
Told me all insurances have gone up over the last yr and can not do nothing for me, been with these for the last 7-8yrs.
Told him i have house through your aswell, you are on max discount bonus sir.

Rant over
What's the problem If you don't like it go elsewhere I do every year and normally save a fortune each time. No need for a rant to anyone. Just done the same with my home insurance, £295 renewal from Swinton, twenty minutes work on the 'net got it down to £230 with Esure, and buying through TopCashBack.co.uk secured another £45 off in cashback.

I never renew any insurance policies, always change and save

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ins...r-insurance?dd
Old 17 September 2010, 04:23 PM
Frosticles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpn
Too true, there is light at the end of the tunnel though. If you have more than 1 car to insure try admiral. My pals got an RS4 and his mrs 118d BMW together they pay £500!!! Worth a look at least.
Tried my STI and the Wife's Mini Cooper and came in at £1200 Cheaper to do them separately
Old 17 September 2010, 10:23 PM
tim's wrx
Scooby Regular

I had same problem with Direct Line earlier in September. I have been with them for 5 years and always set up a new policy online with them every year. Try it and I am sure you will come out with a cheaper price than £552. So much for customer loyalty!!!
Old 17 September 2010, 10:50 PM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

Keith Michaels! Try Moley on here. Saved me enough again this year. Hard to get a hold of Moley is but is worth the wait.
Old 18 September 2010, 10:52 AM
freedie
Scooby Newbie

Default Ist Central

You could try 1st Central Insurance on 0800 840 9616. My insurance this year was so cheap, I won't embarrass myself or you with the quote (unless you really want to know).
Old 18 September 2010, 11:01 AM
greatgonzo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by freedie
You could try 1st Central Insurance on 0800 840 9616. My insurance this year was so cheap, I won't embarrass myself or you with the quote (unless you really want to know).
You cant say that and then not tell us
Old 18 September 2010, 11:05 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm with A plan again .. pretty good going .. waiting to see what next year bring now the bhp is over 300 ...
Old 18 September 2010, 11:40 AM
scooby1doo1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Coffin Dodger
What's the problem If you don't like it go elsewhere I do every year and normally save a fortune each time. No need for a rant to anyone. Just done the same with my home insurance, £295 renewal from Swinton, twenty minutes work on the 'net got it down to £230 with Esure, and buying through TopCashBack.co.uk secured another £45 off in cashback.

I never renew any insurance policies, always change and save

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ins...r-insurance?dd
What's the problem?? did yours go up?? so you dont have a problem.

Rung every body compare this and that but still directline comes out best, never mind.
Old 18 September 2010, 12:14 PM
KINGTIGER
Scooby Regular

I'm annoyed evey year its going up. Mines gone up nearly a £100 ive six years no claims 29 and a proffesional driver (if you call being a bus driver that).

Been ring Keith Michael's up but never can get hold of Gary Moley. But will keep trying.

I will ring a plan and they will say that its becuse things have gone up over the year. I've only had a 8p pay rise this year.
Old 18 September 2010, 06:05 PM
djquest
Scooby Regular

i got a renewal quote from elephant for around 1k mark and the previous year it was just over £800. this was with 6 yr no claims bonus fully protected. out of curiosity i decided to do an online quote with them. with the same details i provided before to my suprise the inusrance i was quoted was in the low £700. so i was a bit annyoed. considering they stated the renewal price was given was due to customer loyalty. i called them and told them this. they said they couldnt find the quote i just had done even though i provided the reference number. then i got put on hold for 5 mins then told they will match the quote online from their on site. i asked why it was so different. the guy on the phone the tries to say that it come lower because i used price comparision site. i told him i havent. im on their own home site and the reference number i quoted him was their own number. he couldnt say much. apart from that my insurance is now cheaper.
Old 18 September 2010, 06:11 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

mine went up 200 quid with aplan from last year full no claims no points so saved 50 quid by going with moley
Old 18 September 2010, 06:41 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by djquest
i got a renewal quote from elephant for around 1k mark and the previous year it was just over £800. this was with 6 yr no claims bonus fully protected. out of curiosity i decided to do an online quote with them. with the same details i provided before to my suprise the inusrance i was quoted was in the low £700. so i was a bit annyoed. considering they stated the renewal price was given was due to customer loyalty. i called them and told them this. they said they couldnt find the quote i just had done even though i provided the reference number. then i got put on hold for 5 mins then told they will match the quote online from their on site. i asked why it was so different. the guy on the phone the tries to say that it come lower because i used price comparision site. i told him i havent. im on their own home site and the reference number i quoted him was their own number. he couldnt say much. apart from that my insurance is now cheaper.

Did simular with Mrs B's Pug 306 D-Turbo. Swinton (Boston branch) last year £200, renewal £289. Mearcat or whatever we used, £180 through Swintons (Sleaford branch)! WTF is happening there
Old 18 September 2010, 07:24 PM
greatgonzo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by djquest
This has happened to me a few times, I think there hoping you just dont do anything and let it roll on another year
Old 18 September 2010, 07:43 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by freedie
First and only post and he's advertising an insurance company
Old 18 September 2010, 08:03 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

^^^^^^^ Flog him