Sponsored by:

Driving in Birmingham

Search this Thread

Old 12 September 2010, 04:12 AM
madfiddler
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving in Birmingham

So there's me, driving back from the F1 2010 team at the Codemasters Birmingham office on Hagley Road, going to to Richer Sounds to buy some new audio goodness and I get stuck in traffic.

OK, that's the norm on a Friday afternoon. However, I notice the red Ford Fiesta van behind me in my rear mirror, then suddenly I see him turn left into the bus lane next to me and then try to squeeze into a gap in front which really doesn't exist. Seeing him start this manouvere I edge forwards but the what happens next is totally beyond my expectations.

The silly angry little man leans out of his window and starts punching my car, the N/S left front wing. Not happy with that, he starts spitting on the car too. Shouting and screaming what not, as I didn't lower the window, but the guy surely looked like he was in a rage.

What can I do... mmm.. I could ignore and let him get his way, or I decided the only thing I could do is to point a finger at him, and pretend to laugh uncontrollably.

Perhaps this made things worse as then, when the traffic starts to move he starts making these dramatic throttle on, clutch off, movements to still try and edge into a gap which doesn't exists. Me, not so willing to let such a low life get his way, edges him out again, to a barrage of more thumps to the car, and more attempted spits, which make no impression at all (unless the acid in his split causes an issue). Suddenly, he decides to leave the main road and slips into a turning never to be seen before.

So, um... driving in Birmingham can definately be eventful for sure.

Maybe I'm in the wrong for not letting him get his way (life's too short and all that), but on the other hand my mindset is more about "why let a stupid bully get his on way"

Ho Hum.

m
Old 12 September 2010, 11:25 AM
f4la k
Scooby Regular

Well your a better man than me mate, because i would have got out the car and hit him a crack, infact for everytime he punched ma car a would have hit him twice, I hate people who just cant sit and go with the flow.
Old 12 September 2010, 11:32 AM
dan83590
Scooby Regular

Every time I've driven in Brum I come across some little **** wanting a good punch. No joke, every time. I've not experianced hostility like it in any other city. They must put something nasty in the water there.
Old 12 September 2010, 12:46 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f4la k
Well your a better man than me mate, because i would have got out the car and hit him a crack, infact for everytime he punched ma car a would have hit him twice, I hate people who just cant sit and go with the flow.
Yes, i'm afraid i would of been in the cell next to you, charged with public order sec 5 or 4.
With hind sight, it would of been funny to of got your phone out and video'd him. Not admissable in court of course as you where driving
Old 12 September 2010, 02:20 PM
madfiddler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f4la k
Lack of cojones on my part really
Old 12 September 2010, 02:24 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by madfiddler
Lack of cojones on my part really
Not at all

Lack of self control on our part me thinks
Old 12 September 2010, 02:41 PM
Mrfastbaz
Scooby Regular

its the t*at drivers capital... i try and avoid it as much as i can just a word of warning there are a load of uninsured drivers around in brum drive at your own risk ....or drive an old banger i have learnt the hard way over the years.... something on the news the other day birmingham is the 2nd worst place in the country for uninsured drivers approx 50 % dont have insurance and probably the same amount dont have a licence...

Last edited by Mrfastbaz; 12 September 2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 12 September 2010, 02:56 PM
madfiddler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by b13bat
Not at all

Lack of self control on our part me thinks
Trouble is, these days, they'll just pull a knife, or something worse, on you
Old 12 September 2010, 05:09 PM
camcap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mrfastbaz
its the t*at drivers capital... i try and avoid it as much as i can just a word of warning there are a load of uninsured drivers around in brum drive at your own risk ....or drive an old banger i have learnt the hard way over the years.... something on the news the other day birmingham is the 2nd worst place in the country for uninsured drivers approx 50 % dont have insurance and probably the same amount dont have a licence...
no wonder my insurance premiums are so bloody high the wa**ers
Old 12 September 2010, 06:56 PM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

Well every time I go there to Bullring I get lost coming out and that's trying to follow my TomTom too! Lol. The wife thinks it's most hilarious. Me being a man does not! Haha. All I want to do is go home the same way I went in! How hard can that be? Unreal. I have the memory of a goldfish and the directional skills of a one legged duck!
Old 12 September 2010, 09:11 PM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dan83590
Every time I've driven in Brum I come across some little **** wanting a good punch. No joke, every time. I've not experianced hostility like it in any other city. They must put something nasty in the water there.
lol you obviouse not driven in central london
Old 12 September 2010, 09:18 PM
L.J.F
Instructing with fear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by madfiddler
So there's me, driving back from the F1 2010 team at the Codemasters Birmingham office on Hagley Road, going to to Richer Sounds to buy some new audio goodness and I get stuck in traffic.

OK, that's the norm on a Friday afternoon. However, I notice the red Ford Fiesta van behind me in my rear mirror, then suddenly I see him turn left into the bus lane next to me and then try to squeeze into a gap in front which really doesn't exist. Seeing him start this manouvere I edge forwards but the what happens next is totally beyond my expectations.

The silly angry little man leans out of his window and starts punching my car, the N/S left front wing. Not happy with that, he starts spitting on the car too. Shouting and screaming what not, as I didn't lower the window, but the guy surely looked like he was in a rage.

What can I do... mmm.. I could ignore and let him get his way, or I decided the only thing I could do is to point a finger at him, and pretend to laugh uncontrollably.

Perhaps this made things worse as then, when the traffic starts to move he starts making these dramatic throttle on, clutch off, movements to still try and edge into a gap which doesn't exists. Me, not so willing to let such a low life get his way, edges him out again, to a barrage of more thumps to the car, and more attempted spits, which make no impression at all (unless the acid in his split causes an issue). Suddenly, he decides to leave the main road and slips into a turning never to be seen before.

So, um... driving in Birmingham can definately be eventful for sure.

Maybe I'm in the wrong for not letting him get his way (life's too short and all that), but on the other hand my mindset is more about "why let a stupid bully get his on way"

Ho Hum.

m

I would have dragged him out the car and battered the living **** out of him! I have to take my hat off to you though for not losing your temper and doing something stupid
Old 12 September 2010, 09:31 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bighead
Personally, i would say Brum is worse than any part of that Lundon. I actually enjoy driving round the capital, not so with Brum
Old 12 September 2010, 09:37 PM
dan83590
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bighead
Been there many times too and Brum gets the 1st place award for Donger drivers from me.
Old 12 September 2010, 09:40 PM
BIG FUD
Scooby Regular

I think the whole country some day at some time asa p....k on the road ive lived in birmingham for 36 yearS.In birmingham city centre apart from the scummy football club the place to me is great i worked on the bull ring for 18 months putting the power up.I was in and out of there every day with not a single issue.

So what does this tell you,Im waiting your thoughts.
Old 12 September 2010, 09:40 PM
BIG FUD
Scooby Regular

Now london when i worked there was a ****e hole in its own way. There was 300 different languages to tlk to thats just for starters. the bus and taxi drivers are in a league of there own, and payin to drive into the city wtf is that all about £30 a day to park dont make me laugh.

Last edited by BIG FUD; 12 September 2010 at 09:43 PM.
Old 12 September 2010, 09:43 PM
dan83590
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BIG FUD
I think the whole country some day at some time asa p....k on the road ive lived in birmingham for 36 yearS.In birmingham city centre apart from the scummy football club the place to me is great i worked on the bull ring for 18 months putting the power up.I was in and out of there every day with not a single issue.

So what does this tell you,Im waiting your thoughts.
That you walked to and from work?
Old 12 September 2010, 09:45 PM
BIG FUD
Scooby Regular

Smile

No i drove in and out and parked for £5 a day
Old 12 September 2010, 09:51 PM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by b13bat
Yes, i'm afraid i would of been in the cell next to you, charged with public order sec 5 or 4.
And i would of been in the cell next to you my friend ,charged with section 18 ,honestly.
Old 12 September 2010, 09:53 PM
dan83590
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BIG FUD
No i drove in and out and parked for £5 a day
Old 12 September 2010, 09:55 PM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

LOL! F'ing classic reply, love it.
Old 12 September 2010, 09:57 PM
BIG FUD
Scooby Regular

Smile 70%

Like i said the whole country has its fools i just deal with them in 1 swift way 1 press of my little freind and its sorted