Old 10 September 2010, 08:49 AM
DazW
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 36 in a 30!

Been clean for 10 years ...& then i get a 36 in a 30

Hidden safety camera van here:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...48.97,,0,11.75

That'll teach me to concentrate on the road,conditions, my visible braking distance & rely on the audible speed warning on the Sat Nav (which didn't go off)

Only plus, is that they've offered the speed awareness course.

But as they say, if you cant do the time....
Old 10 September 2010, 08:52 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take the course and the 60 quid fine, better than points

Tony
Old 10 September 2010, 09:20 AM
DazW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Take the course and the 60 quid fine, better than points

Tony
Will do ...eventually, going to ask for evidence/ photo's first, just to rule out human error (especially if they're using the LTI20.20)
Old 10 September 2010, 09:36 AM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Doesn't look like there was much space for it to be parked up without causing an obstruction? Was it parked in that turning?
Old 10 September 2010, 09:51 AM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

to be honest they need locking up for hiding there and doing you for 36mph, can't they find anything better to do, like park on double yellows outside tescos while they get their donuts.
Old 10 September 2010, 10:00 AM
N_Scooby
Scooby Regular

Take the fine and the course. I wouldn't look for ways out of it incase they withdraw the offer of the course and give you points instead.

It may be another 10 years before you are caught again - happens to the best of us.
Old 10 September 2010, 10:07 AM
beef-on-the-bone
Scooby Regular

just take it, least you can get away without the points......
Old 10 September 2010, 10:33 AM
Scooby see-Scooby do
Scooby Regular

You could offer the name of a driver who is insured or could be insured via their own fully comp policy as driving the car that day, ie the missus, that way they won't be able to do you for failing to provide info - which is their fail safe option. Then when the letters come throw them in the bin, they'll get a final letter telling you a court date will be sent to you but it never comes. I believe there s a 5% chance that it'll get dragged to court due to the sheer volume of cases, they just rely on people giving in. 'my mate' has done this many many thimes and not picked up points or a fine - and I myself have had similar info from a prosecution solicitor. You used to be able to throw the first letter away and ignor them all but they added this 'failing to provide' business to counter it.
It just depends if you have the ***** to gamble.....I myself have never done this or exceeded the speed limit or advise you to do this *insert additional generic disclaimers*

Good luck
Old 10 September 2010, 10:34 AM
Scooby see-Scooby do
Scooby Regular

You could offer the name of a driver who is insured or could be insured via their own fully comp policy as driving the car that day, ie the missus, that way they won't be able to do you for failing to provide info - which is their fail safe option. Then when the letters come throw them in the bin, they'll get a final letter telling you a court date will be sent to you but it never comes. I believe there s a 5% chance that it'll get dragged to court due to the sheer volume of cases, they just rely on people giving in. 'my mate' has done this many many thimes and not picked up points or a fine - and I myself have had similar info from a prosecution solicitor. You used to be able to throw the first letter away and ignor them all but they added this 'failing to provide' business to counter it.
It just depends if you have the ***** to gamble.....I myself have never done this or exceeded the speed limit or advise you to do this *insert additional generic disclaimers*

Good luck
Old 10 September 2010, 10:38 AM
DazW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by N_Scooby
Take the fine and the course. I wouldn't look for ways out of it incase they withdraw the offer of the course and give you points instead.

It may be another 10 years before you are caught again - happens to the best of us.
Not looking for a way out, just want clarification of the alledged offence.

Perverseley, you can't ask for 'proof' of offence (they only disclose that once you've pleaded not guilty & go to court & incur the obvious extra cost!) ...so have to ask for help to identify the driver instead ...no wonder we just roll over

Not really bothered if they withdraw the offer either tbh, have a clean licence & an SP30 wont affect ins.
Old 10 September 2010, 10:48 AM
rookymatt
Scooby Regular

Unless the photo taken of him clearly identifies him as the driver. Then it will be pant's down time.
Old 10 September 2010, 10:54 AM
Athame1
Scooby Regular

If you go for the course does the fine go up to £110 or so ?
was just wondering
Old 10 September 2010, 10:57 AM
Gregsti01
Scooby Regular

You can go on line and get the picture of you,do the awarness course saves pionts and will open your eyes to a few interesting things,I know its a bitch but start lying about driver etc will land up costing more money and time maybe at HMP holiday camp
Old 10 September 2010, 11:31 AM
VinceW
Scooby Regular

If you get cauught lying about who was driving they could do you with perverting the course of justice. Quite a serious offence I believe. I am not anything to do with the legal profession but read this somewhere ages ago when loopholes were being discussed.
Old 10 September 2010, 12:14 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

You're a menace to other road users & ickle tiny babies ... shame on you

TX.
Old 10 September 2010, 12:16 PM
turboaddict
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DazW

Perverseley, you can't ask for 'proof' of offence (they only disclose that once you've pleaded not guilty & go to court & incur the obvious extra cost!) ...so have to ask for help to identify the driver instead ...no wonder we just roll over

Not really bothered if they withdraw the offer either tbh, have a clean licence & an SP30 wont affect ins.
IF I WHERE YOU i would be investing in a camera detection system, ive got 1 and ive had it years n years and its saved me a ticket more times than i can remember..... most of the sat navs claim to have this function too but most just notify you on camera hotspots.... i have a micro fuzion 1 it was £95 (but thats going back alot of years now )there is NO yearly charge for down loads like most and it always gives me the heads up well before am in the danger zone.... well worth getting.....
Old 10 September 2010, 12:18 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

^^ Won't detect a van it moves around you know ...

TX.
Old 10 September 2010, 02:08 PM
scixer6r
Scooby Regular

I think you have had a right result in the driving awareness course being offered,i got done doing 70 in a 60 & got 3 points & £60 fine.I would of paid £300 fine & no points if it were an option.
Old 10 September 2010, 02:49 PM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I fcucking hate those mobile vans
Old 10 September 2010, 03:09 PM
L.J.F
Instructing with fear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you picking your nose in that pic you dirty git
Old 10 September 2010, 03:17 PM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

its just over 4 years since i last got done for speeding by one of those cameras.i was also caught at 36mph but got 3 points on my licence,i never got told of any course i could go on to avoid the points.
Old 10 September 2010, 03:37 PM
windyboy
Scooby Regular

Location: Working in Belfast and living in Bangor, N'orn I'ron

I was clean for 20 years then got stopped doing 61 in a temporary 40 zone through roadworks, I was overtaking before the road works and then was starting to slow down before I got to the workmen in the roadworks. The car was parked inside the cones and they had the hi-vis jackets on so looked like road workers, not intentionally I know but for their own safety but I assumed they were workmen until they pulled me in.

I wasn't offered a course and got 3 points and £60 instead.

windyboy
Old 10 September 2010, 03:41 PM
aXeL
Scooby Regular

I could just be going mad, however I'm vaguely recall legislation went through some years ago mandating very specific criteria by which speed cameras could be used, e.g. any road where 'non yellow and fixed' cameras are deployed must have signs warning motorists that they're in use for a prosecution to be valid. It was the same legislation which also ordered all fixed cameras to be painted placed bright yellow and placed overtly.

Might be worth checking at uk legislation online if you can be @rsed!
Old 12 September 2010, 12:45 PM
djwrx
Scooby Regular

they do signpost where the camera van areas are...normaly hot spots etc...they are clearly signposted as you enter the area and also the safety camera partnerships tell you locations of the areas too...so anywhere with camera sign check your speed....speeding in a 30 aint big or clever...it 30 for a reason.
Old 12 September 2010, 12:52 PM
djwrx
Scooby Regular

as for roadworks on motorways they are all dependent on the work being carried out.chapter 8 which gives the requirements for working on motorways etc usualy has a minimun speed of 20 mph and goes up depending on what work is being done.i worked in trsaffic management areas before and it aint good having somebody tanking past at 70 and all you got is a set of cones between you and them.read the road,the signs and the traffic and stay safe out there people
Old 12 September 2010, 12:55 PM
djwrx
Scooby Regular

if the road works are more than 800 metres long there should be repeater signs telling the driver of the "temporay speed limit"....thats only way the police can enforce it
Old 12 September 2010, 04:59 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Originally Posted by djwrx
they do signpost where the camera van areas are...normaly hot spots etc...they are clearly signposted as you enter the area and also the safety camera partnerships tell you locations of the areas too...so anywhere with camera sign check your speed....speeding in a 30 aint big or clever...it 30 for a reason.
Boll0cks, there are roads round here that have been reduced form 50 to 30 for no apparent reason, then the first day the new restrictions are in place theres a camera van full of self important to55ers actually buzzing off handing out 3 points and a fine!

I have also seen vans where there are no signs at all in either direction.

wheres your theory gone now pal? out the wondow, thats where!
Old 12 September 2010, 05:13 PM
djwrx
Scooby Regular

well if you look on the safety camera partenership website it gives you a list of All the safety camera locations and the mobile ones and what week they are there.on the subject of signs if there is no fixed post they have too put out a fold away sign.if there aint any signs well i should think that is a bit sneaky on there part...its not my theroy..its whats on the website....pal
Old 12 September 2010, 05:18 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8WRX
Boll0cks, there are roads round here that have been reduced form 50 to 30 for no apparent reason, then the first day the new restrictions are in place theres a camera van full of self important to55ers actually buzzing off handing out 3 points and a fine!

I have also seen vans where there are no signs at all in either direction.

wheres your theory gone now pal? out the wondow, thats where!
I do miss it when you're not around to offer your 'no holds barred' opinions on the subjective matter.

To the O.P. just do the course and take the fine. Better than 3 points lingering around for 3 years
Old 12 September 2010, 08:20 PM
-shane-
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DazW

That's what I thought but it put my insurance up £60 too