Sponsored by:

Caught by the fuzz!

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2001, 04:56 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I was driving along minding my own business when I passed one of Skiptons many police subarus which was parked up watching traffic. The guy pulls out behind me, no surprise to me as I was aware that my tax disc had fallen out of the window, he duely followed into the jet wash where I was about to wash my car. He pulls up and asks" Is it taxed"? I reply yes showing the disc. He then goes under my bonnet to check the VIN plate and under the carpet to check the chassis plate! A bit over the top I thought but at least it put my mind to rest when it all checked out! Whist he was waiting for the reply on the radio I pointed out where I work and that I had worked on the very car he was driving. He then asked if I knew anything about about ringing cars, quite reasonable I suppose but I misheard him and thought he said, do you do any car ringing? when I looked back, a little confused he went into a speech about the process of ringing!

I can't say I'm upset with the ordeal, maybe a little unhappy as I know for a fact my car is honest but at least it shows the police are trying to do something about crime.

After all this I'm washing the car and a lady pulls up in a Vitara and asks if anyone was around to wash her car, I said no but I'll wash it if you like, so I did and recovered the cost of washing my own, nice one!

Bob

PS The copper gave his scoob a big bootfull away which was nice, ( prodrive exhaust)

PPS all my other topics here don't seem to last more than 24 hours so if your going to delete this one will you drop me a line as to why, cheers!
Old 10 March 2001, 07:24 PM
Steve Williams
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by BOB.T:
<B> PPS all my other topics here don't seem to last more than 24 hours so if your going to delete this one will you drop me a line as to why, cheers![/quote]

Bob try setting your preferences differently (in your profile), or even click on the 'pull down' at the top, it defaults to "Show topics from last day", you should be able to see all topics ok then.

Hope this helps.

p.s. Glad to hear that some coppers are 'on the ball'
Old 10 March 2001, 10:09 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Cheers Steve, I'll try that!
Bob
Old 11 March 2001, 02:24 AM
marktortolano
Scooby Newbie

Police cars with modified exhausts? Really? Plod is wising up.....
Old 11 March 2001, 09:15 AM
a2jcy
Scooby Regular

Grabbed by the fuzz as the actress said to the bishop no but I'v been swung round by the T*TS a few time's
Old 11 March 2001, 04:15 PM
richd
Scooby Newbie

I play hockey late on a Thursday night at Whitley Bay, so I'm usually driving home at about 1.30am. I've been stopped three times in the past year, for the unusual offence of driving a Scoob at the wrong time of day! The first time it happened they tried to give me a producer, but couldn't find the right form. The other two checked it was my car then let me go. Bloody irritating when you're knackered and trying to get home to bed, but like Bob said at least they've got their eyes open. The bit that I don't understand is that every time they put the blue light on it's on a nice stretch of open road with no traffic. If I had nicked it, I would've left them for dead.
Does this happen to anyone else, or is it just me?
Btw Bob, saw one of those police scoobs on the way to Blackburn for a game the other week. First time I've seen one. Isn't it a bit unfair on the average motorist?

Rich
Old 11 March 2001, 06:16 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Question

RichD

Do you know Winny? Plays for Billingham.

DW
Old 11 March 2001, 06:59 PM
richd
Scooby Newbie

DW

The name rings a bell, but I don't think I know him.

Rich
Old 11 March 2001, 07:35 PM
HunterB
Scooby Regular

Article in The Herald a couple of weeks ago mentioned an incident when a police car pulled in a motorist for an alleged offence. Once stopped, the policeman approached the motorist's car and saw the driver hitting the nose of the dog on the passenger seat and heard him say "bad dog!".

When the policeman asked the driver why he was hitting the dog and calling him bad, the driver said "he's just eaten my tax disc!"
Old 11 March 2001, 08:08 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by marktortolano:
<B>Police cars with modified exhausts? Really? Plod is wising up.....[/quote]

I didn't mention the prodive hoses, turbo suspension and brakes did I!!

I've seen the same guy since and we both waved politely!

I went through a phase of getting stopped, my record was three times in nine days with the best excuse being " you were scratching your head and I thought you looked nervous".

Bob
Old 11 March 2001, 09:20 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Bob,

just to say that i drove through Skipton today lunchtime (in my DBM MY00) but sadly i didn't see any plod

Saw a wagon (with 448, 884 or similar on the plate?) in town, and met (heading East) another DBM just past Gisburn heading back to Clitheroe on the A59.

Shame about the non-Buttercups!

mb
Old 11 March 2001, 11:40 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Boomer, I didn't get out of bed till at least 3pm, just after the superbikes, Suzie Perry, hmmm!
Bob

Ps are you going to NM5, if you are do you want to meet up with me and dreamweaver?
Old 12 March 2001, 01:08 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

The comment hunterB made me LOL !!

[This message has been edited by Jolly Green Monster (edited 12 March 2001).]
Old 12 March 2001, 07:11 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Bob,

I'll be at NM5 (F&M disease permitting) but will be coming up with the Midlands Posse (and possibly the Worcester Chapter).

Seeya there!

mb