Sponsored by:

Just a big public thankyou to Steve at Dyno Demon

Search this Thread

Old 25 August 2010, 06:07 PM
ade_sti
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Just a big public thankyou to Steve at Dyno Demon

Have had a remap at Dyno demon. (uk turbo 99 plate)

Car is running 278bhp and 302ft/ib torque. full boost is coming in at 3150ish, under 3000 in 4th and is holding torque above 280 untill 5600ish. For a standard turbo / raod car is amazing. Bottom / mid range is amazing - not to bad top end either.

People only seem to slag companies off when they mess up - so I am just addressing the balance by saying a big thankyou to Steve, Luke and Gemma at Dyno Demon, Neston - Wirral.
Old 25 August 2010, 07:27 PM
brashy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi mate im just doing a reply to your email coz ive been to dyno demon a few times but the last time i went i had a my95 i took it in to get an apexi ecu plus remap the car went in running at 260 bhp an after having the apexi fitted with the remap it came out 249bhp so i asked them why they couldnt get it higher an he told me i was only running a td04 so i bought a td05 off them and went home so that day i went to fit this td05 i got off them, i went under my bonnet to change the turbo and my car already had a td05 fitted so at this point i wasnt very happy so i rang up a fella who has mapped a few of my cars before and got it booked in with him (andrew c) he plugged in his laptop to look at the map an he told me he didnt have a clue what they had done an he needed to do a fresh map map car that day come away running over 300bhp but while he was mapping the car he noticed that the boost control in the ecu wasnt working at all so i had to buy a greddy boost controller so he could olter my boost so all in all it cost me at dyno demon.
£400 for ecu (which was faulty)
£200 for remap
£100 for turbo
£15 for octante booster
and it wasnt worth a w**k
plus the turbo they sold me was meant to be a td05 but it wasnt it was a
vf10 which ive been told is in between a td04 an td05

im sorry to write all this about them but even tho i contacted them i didnt get a penny back because all the work they did they never took a record of it so i didnt have a leg to stand on
Old 25 August 2010, 07:29 PM
Steve T
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I,ve had a few jobs done recently by Steve including a partial remap after reverting back to the standard airbox on my 05 JDM Sti, and he also fitted 3 gauges and pod for me. I,ve found him to be very helpful and very prompt to answer my emails. Needless to say I,ll be using him again. Steve.
Old 25 August 2010, 08:10 PM
brashy
Scooby Regular

i understand that if you have had a good service once before you are gonna go back an that is what i did but the last time i went back they just took the p**s out of me to be honest i aint thick when it comes to impreza's i have had 6 up to now. when i rang up for some prices they gave me the price of the apexi ecu and the esl chip which i have had before an was very good but i decided to try the apexi now when i got these prices they never told me that the ecu was second hand an when i found that out i wasnt happy that steve fella was a real nice an helpfull but that fella who owns the porsche is very arrogant an a bit of an **** if you ask me because when he told me my car only had a td04 on it i replied to him an said that i thought all classic import saloon impreza's come standard with a td05 on them an his reply to me was (IT SHOWS HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ABOUT SUBARU'S THEN DONT IT) which uou could emagine in front of everyone there it would make you feel a bit small, he then sold me this turdo saying it was a td05 an it wasnt this is the reason i would never go back plus never send anyone 2 them

everyone at 1 time in there lives has a bad experience with a car garage an mine was with dyno demon
Old 25 August 2010, 08:13 PM
ade_sti
Scooby Regular

Can I ask who did the work on the car - was it steve. And how long ago did this happen? And who sold you the turbo ?

Last edited by ade_sti; 25 August 2010 at 08:15 PM.
Old 25 August 2010, 08:15 PM
brashy
Scooby Regular

yeah mate it was steve an it was only last year
Old 25 August 2010, 08:18 PM
brashy
Scooby Regular

it was steve who sold me the turbo too he went upstairs were they have got spare engines an stuff an got it from there
Old 25 August 2010, 08:20 PM
ade_sti
Scooby Regular

Did steve map the car or Julian?
Old 25 August 2010, 08:23 PM
ade_sti
Scooby Regular

I feel for what happened to you, but the problem is that they are only human - I do not think that garages car do top work 100% all the time. The problem is when the bad job is on a car we own. I have been going to Steve for 5 years, and i am the fussiest person in the world.

Did you not go back to Steve with your issues?
Old 25 August 2010, 08:36 PM
brashy
Scooby Regular

i emailed steve coz at the time i was working away from home an it was hard for me to call there he did email back once saying he was on holiday and soon as he gets back he will ring me to sort the problem out an that was the last i herd from him an a few weeks went by an by that time i had been up an seen andrew c put my car right
Old 25 August 2010, 08:41 PM
brashy
Scooby Regular

if you had a classic with a
fmic,td05,full decat,hks induction kit,walbro 255 fuel pump,ported headers
what power would you be looking at coz i wouls say 290 bhp+

that steve got me 249 but my car run standard from factory 260 how does that work out
Old 25 August 2010, 08:58 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by brashy
hi mate im just doing a reply to your email coz ive been to dyno demon a few times but the last time i went i had a my95 i took it in to get an apexi ecu plus remap the car went in running at 260 bhp an after having the apexi fitted with the remap it came out 249bhp so i asked them why they couldnt get it higher an he told me i was only running a td04 so i bought a td05 off them and went home so that day i went to fit this td05 i got off them, i went under my bonnet to change the turbo and my car already had a td05 fitted so at this point i wasnt very happy so i rang up a fella who has mapped a few of my cars before and got it booked in with him (andrew c) he plugged in his laptop to look at the map an he told me he didnt have a clue what they had done an he needed to do a fresh map map car that day come away running over 300bhp but while he was mapping the car he noticed that the boost control in the ecu wasnt working at all so i had to buy a greddy boost controller so he could olter my boost so all in all it cost me at dyno demon.
£400 for ecu (which was faulty)
£200 for remap
£100 for turbo
£15 for octante booster
and it wasnt worth a w**k
plus the turbo they sold me was meant to be a td05 but it wasnt it was a
vf10 which ive been told is in between a td04 an td05

im sorry to write all this about them but even tho i contacted them i didnt get a penny back because all the work they did they never took a record of it so i didnt have a leg to stand on
there have been a few people with problems with them, your car being a saloon should have had a tdo5 as standard not a tdo4, and then to fit a vf10 well that's just taking the ****
Old 25 August 2010, 09:07 PM
brashy
Scooby Regular

yes mate i know that is why i wasnt very happy,an i have herd a few storys myself since then about them, trust me i wont be going back there again
Old 25 August 2010, 09:45 PM
ade_sti
Scooby Regular

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience Brashy. However I still stand by what they have done for me over the last 5 years. Don't really know what to say to be honest.
Old 25 August 2010, 11:28 PM
brashy
Scooby Regular

its not a problem cheers for your replies an i hope that you continue getting a good service but just as a recommendation i would say andrew c on here is really good and very fare with his prices plus very helpfull if you have any problems