Sponsored by:

spares or not

Search this Thread

Old 21 August 2010, 11:19 AM
s c o o b y
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default spares or not

would a uk 99 turbo be worth more in spares or to sell its got 78k mapped last may by zen performance ,just thinking what to do as her in doors keeps on nagging to get rid lol .
Old 21 August 2010, 02:42 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, then, I would just get rid. Your missus is not, by the sound of it, going to put up with you storing and selling a car piecemeal, over an extended period of time. Much of the car you won't hardly be able to give away, besides.
Old 21 August 2010, 02:46 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

get rid i say,,,, of her indoors lol
Old 21 August 2010, 06:39 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
get rid i say,,,, of her indoors lol
same here get rid off the wife
Old 21 August 2010, 07:12 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

You need to become a full member if your going to sell you wife in the general for sale section. Pictures and a full spec would help

Seriously if it hasnt got any tasty mods on it. I would sell it whole...the car that is.
Old 21 August 2010, 08:00 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Reverse Psychology is the answer mate.

Take the wheels off and put it on blocks, remove a few non-essentials and scatter them around the place and attatch a flappy annoying tarp, thus making the drive look like a pikey site.

Then tell her it's worth sweet FA as a whole car so it's best if you sell it in bits, but do not advertise the parts, or put them up at silly £'s.

Next keep looking at cars out of your price range and say you are contemplating taking out a large loan to finance one of these loverly motors. After a few weeks of this she should start see the light (panic about the finance). You can then tell her how little it will cost to recommission the Scoob (next to nothing, coz you got all the bits) as opposed to buying some thing else and bobs ya wotsit. Winner

Hope my Mrs don't read this

Old 21 August 2010, 08:03 PM
s c o o b y
Scooby Regular

well to be honest if i can convince her that its worthless then she wont pester me to sell it she just wants the money i think , even better for me lol.
Old 21 August 2010, 08:13 PM
s c o o b y
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by b13bat
Reverse Psychology is the answer mate.

Take the wheels off and put it on blocks, remove a few non-essentials and scatter them around the place and attatch a flappy annoying tarp, thus making the drive look like a pikey site.

Then tell her it's worth sweet FA as a whole car so it's best if you sell it in bits, but do not advertise the parts, or put them up at silly £'s.

Next keep looking at cars out of your price range and say you are contemplating taking out a large loan to finance one of these loverly motors. After a few weeks of this she should start see the light (panic about the finance). You can then tell her how little it will cost to recommission the Scoob (next to nothing, coz you got all the bits) as opposed to buying some thing else and bobs ya wotsit. Winner

Hope my Mrs don't read this

hows it going buddy only seen the bat mobile once this year where you been hiding , oh i already got my blob sti you may have seen it in skeg private plate ends in PRO just keep getting the usual when will you ever use the classic now, but if her in doors thinks its worthless like you say she could stop wittering on lol.
Old 21 August 2010, 08:37 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by s c o o b y
hows it going buddy only seen the bat mobile once this year where you been hiding , oh i already got my blob sti you may have seen it in skeg private plate ends in PRO just keep getting the usual when will you ever use the classic now, but if her in doors thinks its worthless like you say she could stop wittering on lol.
eah not to bad fella, bat is SORN (in the bat cave) at the mo should be back in October

Have seen you round town, was sat outside the lumley week or 2 ago and ya went round, nice looking motor ya go yaself Even the Mrs said she didn't recognise it, thought you was a grockle

It's just a case of you not wanting to let go then eh?

Last edited by Glowplug; 21 August 2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old 21 August 2010, 09:03 PM
s c o o b y
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by b13bat
eah not to bad fella, bat is SORN (in the bat cave) at the mo should be back in October

Have seen you round town, was sat outside the lumley week or 2 ago and ya went round, nice looking motor ya go yaself Even the Mrs said she didn't recognise it, thought you was a grockle

It's just a case of you not wanting to let go then eh?
lol oh yes thats about it , the classic shape is the one which made its reputation you can never take that away from it and i love the shape but the missus wanted something abit newer which opened up my chance to own my next best shape which i now own . the classic owes me nothing all paid for years ago , i just keep hoping she will get that use to looking at the car cover she might forget about it lol.
Old 21 August 2010, 10:09 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

In that case then, your waiting for it to be come collectable and appreciate, wont be long now