Sponsored by:

Nose to nose with a bus!!!

Search this Thread

Old 18 August 2010, 06:54 PM
Deano1565
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nose to nose with a bus!!!

Bus drivers do not own the road..fact! some think they do, but they dont!

Near my house there is a road that always has cars parked on one side, so only one vehicle can get down the road at any given time and people have to wait until you have passed the cars before they can pull out and move on. This afternoon whilst driving down this road with the vehicles parked on my right(so I had right of way) I was half way down when some poxy old tw@t of a bus driver started to come up the road on my side!! We eventualy met bumper to bumper and exchanged Looks and I may have thrown a few curses at him aswell!! As we sat there with non of us willing to yield about another 3 cars pulled up behind him, he got his mobile out and rang somebody up still thinking that he was in the right!! I was all for parking my car up right there and walking the rest of the way home, however the wife was with me and didnt want me to make any more of a scene....she was allready embarassed lol. So I ended up reversing back letting the smug w@nker through!! I have never felt Road Rage like it!! my blood was boiling. Anyway just wanted to vent a little through a rant on here, Poxy busses!
Old 18 August 2010, 07:07 PM
steviecrump
Scooby Regular

Old 18 August 2010, 07:11 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

If the obstruction (cars) were on his side of the road then it's his duty to wait till it's clear to pass.

Going by what your saying you had right of way.

The guy was an ****.
Old 18 August 2010, 07:16 PM
Deano1565
Scooby Regular

Yeah the cars were on his side, Definatly my right of way. He was in the wrong and yes he was a proper ****!! Calmed down a little now though lol.
Old 18 August 2010, 07:19 PM
Greg1801
Scooby Regular

sounds like a bit of a *** to me, i to also hate busses as they think they can do whatever they want just because they are bigger thank any1 else,
Old 18 August 2010, 07:22 PM
QUICKSCOOB
Scooby Regular

Totally agree mate.Most Arriva drivers in my region are W**kers.How many times they leave a stop with their indicators still on half a mile down the road.I've seen a reject from my company driving for them,Nuff Said

Last edited by QUICKSCOOB; 18 August 2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old 18 August 2010, 07:26 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Can imagine how angry you were, i am reading it LOL
also,in this scenario,why do we say thanks for the other car waiting when the obstruction is on THEIR side ????
Old 18 August 2010, 07:29 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Probably a bloody foreigner anyway where things like this are acceptable where he came from.

Got quite a few Poles etc driving buses up here nowadays.
Old 18 August 2010, 07:32 PM
LEUVEN
Scooby Regular

Shame you didn't hold your ground as now he got away with it, he'll probably do it again too.

A similar thing happened to me a few months back going under a small/short bridge which had pavements on both sides and a single lane through the middle, as well as large signs with big white arrows and small red arrows to indicate who as right of way.

I was going uphill and had the white arrow indicating I had right of way and this guy coming the other way just came at me because he got there fractionally first and tried to push his way through.

We both ended up sat in the middle of the road untill I switched off the engine.

He realised I wasn't moving and he must have known he was in the wrong and proceeded to reverse away.
Old 18 August 2010, 07:36 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Sounds like a Galton & Simpson sketch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkBQn...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E88NS...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3K9r...eature=related

Last edited by ALi-B; 18 August 2010 at 07:37 PM.
Deano1565
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LEUVEN
Shame you didn't hold your ground as now he got away with it, he'll probably do it again too.

A similar thing happened to me a few months back going under a small/short bridge which had pavements on both sides and a single lane through the middle, as well as large signs with big white arrows and small red arrows to indicate who as right of way.

I was going uphill and had the white arrow indicating I had right of way and this guy coming the other way just came at me because he got there fractionally first and tried to push his way through.

We both ended up sat in the middle of the road untill I switched off the engine.

He realised I wasn't moving and he must have known he was in the wrong and proceeded to reverse away.

I wanted to but I had her in doors givin me ear ache aswell!!
al02uk
Scooby Regular

You should have grassed him up for using his mobile whilst driving

.....Obviously assuming that he didin't park and switch the engine off before picking up his phone.

Last edited by al02uk; 18 August 2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 18 August 2010, 07:49 PM
seddomyster
Scooby Regular

you know what i hate about buses is that, well fair enough they have right of way to pull away from bus stops but when they are too early for he next stop they travel 20-25mph. the big tail-up they can cause. there all noobs.
Old 18 August 2010, 08:20 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

taxi drivers aswell ****ing ***** shoot the ****ing lot of em
Old 18 August 2010, 08:25 PM
picky77
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by leecalcars
taxi drivers aswell ****ing ***** shoot the ****ing lot of em
^^^^^^
Old 18 August 2010, 09:42 PM
mervil
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's the bendy bus that's more annoying! Cardiff is full of them!
Old 18 August 2010, 10:00 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

my dad had a similar thing a few years ago, he was directed off a main dual carrigeway (accident a few miles up the road) by the police down a single track country lane with quite a few cars behind him . dad was driving a new van with a caravan on the back, after a few minutes he saw a huge tractor coming towards him, the tractor drove past a layby and on towards my dad until they were nose to nose, tractor man said that my dad the caravan and the cars behind would have to go back as they should not be using this road, when my dad asked why he didn't stop in the layby, he said he used the road all the time so he had right of way and people like my dad should not be using it

a stand off ensued until my dad got out of his van and said he was going to put the kettle on for a cup of tea and then have a kip and when the tractor man was ready to reverse back to the layby to give him a knock to wake him up.

tractor man went back a few minutes later in a strop
Old 18 August 2010, 10:30 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

u were in the right mate and should have just sat there,

but on the other side i used to drive them for 7yrs and always tried to be a good driver ,wait until flashed out of bus stop etc but u wouldnt believe the amount of pr1cks in cars who used to over take u then cut in front and have to slam on the brakes when the realised the car in front was goin slow not the bus,

i wrote a bmw m3 off and the guy driving it was a to55er,

one sunday morning i was on the main road turning right into a scheme, when as i started to turn the bmw tried to overtake me as he was trying to show off to his pals when he hit the front wheel arch and i couldnt pull away or i would have hit some poor women in the phone box so it meant his car ended up a complete wreck,

the problem is people just cant wait a few extra seconds to have a stress free drive!!!!
Old 18 August 2010, 11:08 PM
sti_scott
Scooby Regular

Same thing in our street, Taxi drivers stop in middle of road waiting to pick up fares, why cant they pull into kerb or parking space? only room for 1 car at once.

they expect you to wait for them as though they own the road, i have done it twice drove nose to nose with them and sat there. once i turned off engine locked car and walked off to shop came back and he was reversing. total tossers
Old 18 August 2010, 11:30 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Here's another prize road-hog who doesn't think the law applies to him:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100816...e-6323e80.html

Maximum penalty for that offence if he's convicted is £5k fine.
Old 19 August 2010, 07:18 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

I had a bus scrape down the side of my car when I was stopped in a bus stop with my hazzard warning lights on. When I confronted the driver he said that I shouldn't park in a bus stop and that I wouldn't get any money from his company blah blah blah. I informed him that I had broken down hence the hazzard lights...................... never got anywhere with the damage though.
Old 19 August 2010, 07:45 AM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

On the face of it it sounds like you were in the right, But it might be the bus drive made a simple mistake(which we all do from time to time) and once he was commited he had no choice.
Remember ofcourse it is illegal for a bus to reverse with passengers on board.
Old 19 August 2010, 10:12 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RA Dunk
Probably a bloody foreigner anyway where things like this are acceptable where he came from.

Got quite a few Poles etc driving buses up here nowadays.
Probably.

I was over in Birmingham recently and whilst walking on a pedestrian crossing - in the airport I might add.
I noticed a bus parked at its stop just before the crossing
As I got near the end didn't the wee ***** start driving without looking and he hit my shoulder with the drivers front.
He then I assumed panicked and stopped.
Now I tried to enter the bus to explain his actions - but the little foreigner man wouldn't open the door.

I was just thinking - if that was a car, you'd have driven on you b@stard, because that what you'd have done at home
Old 19 August 2010, 10:25 AM
war1974
Scooby Regular

love driving a class 1 hgv for this reason revenge its amazing howmany buses give way etc when i am in my truck compared to my car! the problem is the 'please let buses pull out' part of the highway code which imo makes them think the have the god given right of way and trust me it aint just foreign drivers of buses that are bad!
Old 19 August 2010, 11:48 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Just ring the bus company. Poor driving and not exactly helping the customer image.

5t.
Old 19 August 2010, 11:54 AM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RA Dunk
If the obstruction (cars) were on his side of the road then it's his duty to wait till it's clear to pass.

Going by what your saying you had right of way.

The guy was an ****.
Depends who started to pass the cars first iirc. If the bus then it doesn't matter that the obstruction was on his side of the road. If you both approach at the same time then it's the side without the obstruction that has the right of way.

But I agree with the op. Bus drivers do seem to think that they own the road 90% of the time. Along with most other service providing drivers.
Old 19 August 2010, 03:01 PM
L.J.F
Instructing with fear

I hate buses and the tw&ts that drive them! I never allow them space to pass even when they have a bus lane i make sure they cant pass! London has to be the worst for them, Professional drivers... more like professional c*cks!!!!!
Old 19 August 2010, 03:34 PM
Korrosiv
Scooby Regular

Hehe I had a local bus company driver literally screaming at me one day because I came into the supermaket car park turned right as he pulled out from a corner ahead into the middle of the road (wheels either side the white line) and looked at me like I'd **** in his handbag.

I just sat there laughing at him. Ten minutes later I drove past him (as I could have from the start) with him giving me hassle. A flick of the middle finger and he had the bus stopped door open screaming at me with a bus full of passengers calling me a ***** and immature!

Now I realy dont think im the one that came off looking like a muppet that day. The very next day I saw him giving **** to a guy in a tarted up focus 170! Talk about chip on his shoulder, he goes around giving hassle to any car that looks a little flashy or any young driver due to the green eyed monster whispering 'You dont have a nice car, you dont even have a decent job, why should that YOUNG guy have all that?'. GET SOME SKILLS WORTH EMPLOYING

Er...went into rant mode a little there..excuse me
Old 19 August 2010, 05:36 PM
mervil
Scooby Regular

I just came up against a bus in a country lane, I came round the corner just as he started moving into the narrower part, I stopped, he kept coming. I sat there for 30secs or so until he asked his only passenger to go to the back of the bus to lookout for traffic behind! He reversed 20m or so and I said thank you! Job done

Mervil- 1
Bus- 0