Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shocker!! Another 'anti' driving safety advert thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2002, 02:41 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

This new one, the one where the person falls asleep at the wheel killing himself and his loved ones

Point made. It gets you thinking, and may even reach those who feel invincible once behind the wheel. Great, no complaints.

But if my car hit the central reservation as shown on the advert for whatever reason, be it tiredness, puncture etc then I wouldn't want my car to leap several feet into the air, barrel-rolling to a stop Surely if it can happen like that it must be a freak event rather than the norm, otherwise those central resevations are potential death traps!!

Sensational

BTW this isn't a serious rant, just an observation

Justin
Old 02 April 2002, 04:09 PM
ian_sadler
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Not going to be alarmist about the car rolling off the barrier because I think that this kind of accident is more relevent in the sense that it happens than a lot more than people realise.

It makes a change from the usual speed kills message.

Ian
Old 02 April 2002, 04:29 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

"Its just a puppet"

its on telly mate- its not real its an advert- same as toilet duck doesnt really fly round the room.

Old 02 April 2002, 05:16 PM
Kingsize K2
Scooby Regular

Many years ago I fell asleep on the M25 doing "fast speeds" in a desperate attempt to get home to bed as I was soo tired...

I woke up as my 1.0L Mk 1 Golf hit the central reservation and my head banged on the window, only to see sparks coming off the door/ armco... The car had actually mounted the run-off area and travelled over it before hitting the armco. And this is where the "run-off area" is seperated every 6 feet or so by a gap (M25 southbound over M3 junc.)

There were no other cars around and I managed to pull over safely before getting out of the car and pacing round for a while.

I still can't beleive that the car didn't flip.

Suffice to say, I stayed awake for the remainder of the short journey.
Old 02 April 2002, 05:30 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

Tiggs,

What about the Trombone man in the butter adverts? Please don't tell me he's not real either???? ( )

ROTFLOL!!!!

Seriously though, I read the other day that 10% of all accidents (I think) are caused by falling asleep at the wheel so this ad (I haven't seen it yet) seems like quite a good idea.

I'm still waiting for the advert warning pissed blokes not to step off the curb without looking (I can manage it when I'm pi$$ed up so why can't they??? ) - after all, 80% of car/pedestrian accidents are put down to the fault of the above ****-heads......

Matt