Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Japanense performance car stolen and a few things to note.

Search this Thread

Old 04 February 2002, 01:02 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

The answer, sadly, is to own a more 'family' car

I was approached at the petrol station a week ago by 3 gypsy lads asking me if I wanted to sell the car - when I got my 19 stone bulk out of the car I informed them that "it was way out of thier league, and the owner 'loves' it like one of his family - do you understand"?

The inbreeds got into thier pick-up and drove off - what if I was 10 stone or less than 6 foot?

It really has got scary out there

Pete

[Edited by pslewis - 4/2/2002 1:05:17 AM]
Old 04 February 2002, 03:18 AM
AndiThompson
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by pslewis
The answer, sadly, is to own a more 'family' car
Not even thats true any more There are volvos and vauxhall's and all sorts getting car jacked now

[Edited by AndiThompson - 4/2/2002 3:20:29 AM]
Old 04 February 2002, 01:00 PM
Martyn Tonks
Scooby Regular

Trackers aren't the complete answer, they are OK for catching the joyriders, as their knowledge of most motors is to start and drive them until they are pi55ed off or wreck them.

Car thieves looking to "sell on" your motor will know where to find the tracker on most top of the range cars, and will find it and bin it within seconds of nicking the car.

There are only a limited number of places a Tracker can be fitted and this amounts to about 5 or 6 in some cases, it does not take long to check all of those places for a tracker.

Don't be fooled into thinking Trackers are the ultimate answer.

[Edited by Martyn Tonks - 4/2/2002 1:03:29 PM]
Old 04 March 2002, 03:41 PM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

If they obtain keys by force or theft from house you tell the insurance company that, and give them the crime number for that as well as they have committed an offence to obtain the keys.

[Edited by ptholt - 4/3/2002 3:51:55 PM]
Old 01 April 2002, 10:36 PM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Say this on the Japanese performance mailing list tonight, thought i would post here for several reasons.

1. someone might see/hear of it
2. it may stop someone else becomming a victim

> My Mazda 323 GT-R was stolen this evening from Sale, Cheshire. To cut
> a long story short, 2 guys jumped me wearing balaclavas and with a
> cosh right outside my flat, and took my car and my keys. The car is
> black, and one of only approx 10 in the country. 3 Bonnet vents, and
> an EVO style front bumper, plus 15 inch TSW Imolas. The car was stolen
> approx 8pm tonight, and they headed in the ALtrincham direction from
> here. If anybody sees or hears anything, please mail me straight away.
> The car is so rare, it will be hard to shift, and my guess is the
> thieves have no idea what it is. Also, be careful if your car alarm is
> set off a couple of times. Thats what happened with mine, and one of
> my neighbours saw them do it, I found out later. I went to check the
> car, and the next thing I knew...
>
> As you can guess, I am absolutely gutted, and a bit shocked to say the
> least.
>
> Cheers
>
> Kes
>
Old 01 April 2002, 10:44 PM
cryptwalk
Scooby Regular

Angry

T0553rs! Feel for him, what can you do? It's just getting worse out there. I had a fellow round my motor at 6am good friday morning, thus is why i'm extra vigalent at the moment and installed cameras at the weekend outside the house. Hopefully I can get them on film if there's a next time. Lets hope not.[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Whats the answer?? Tracker?
Old 02 April 2002, 12:10 AM
T5 PRO
Scooby Regular

Arrow

i heard even trackers are not the answer to these problems, cars that are stolen nowdays are checked for trackers, and such devices can pinpoint the location of the tracker.

But then again its better than nothing!
Old 02 April 2002, 01:17 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Got pulled the other night by the police.They said they were just checking due to the recent car jackings that are going on. Checked everything and told me to keep my doors locked and if chased to continue through any red lights to the nearest police station. They also said that if any undercover cars tried to pull me over that i should just continue to drive and not stop. Anyway, im sorry to hear about it mate, Hope they catch the swines.

Regards
Scrappy
Old 02 April 2002, 08:11 AM
62strat
Scooby Newbie

Cryptwalk
I think you are from near me - where are you and can you tell me more about this incident ?
Old 02 April 2002, 08:51 AM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

Angry

bttt for more exposure...
Old 02 April 2002, 12:01 PM
MarkJackon
Scooby Regular

What colour is it mate, I know its rare but I live in the area and will keep my eyes open. If I saw it I would know what it was !
Old 02 April 2002, 12:04 PM
MarkJackon
Scooby Regular

Sorry, re read it, Black,

Have a cruise round Wythenshawe, Salford and the Racecourse you may spot it.
Old 02 April 2002, 12:08 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

Theiving scum, thats all i can say [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Ill keep an eye out here but cars like this can be shifted, if not up here in the NW then either the midlands or the south.
Sounds pretty bad though as Sale is "suppose" to be a nice area, and all the major car jackings or attempted ones are being done out of nice areas
When will someone invent the phone cut out where you have to ring a number then insert a 6 letter pin, thus the car cuts out but you only get one attempt and it has to be attached to some form of tracking device???

Tony
Old 02 April 2002, 12:09 PM
Infinity
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Hope you are all right ptholt. I get very angry when I read about things like this. Are thieves becoming more violent as technology gets better, or are they on a 'trend'? The police should really clamp down on this type of crime. The punishment does not fit the crime. Retaliation is not the answer as the thieves will in return just get more violent. And to top it all off your insurance will go up as a result.
I now drive everywhere with the doors locked. My girlfriend thinks I am stupid and tells me it will never happen to me. I just do not want to take the chance.
Old 02 April 2002, 12:21 PM
Mr.M
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about your loss m8, i hope you get your car back soon.

Why on earth should we all take carjacking lying down. I work ******* hard to get what i want and no mother-******* carjacker is going to take my car without a fight!

I am prepared to use *all* force necessary to protect my family and my property from these people. It may be wrong in the eyes of the law but i have no faith in the judicial system anymore.

If we all just give in and hand over what ever they want then they will continue to do so without any hesitation.

Fight fire with fire. Anybody comes in to my house looking for my keys is going to leave with body parts missing. Meat cleavers make pretty good weapons!!

Old 02 April 2002, 12:28 PM
bretttuk
Scooby Newbie

sorry to hear about that , will be keeping an eye out for the car. Currently on my car my friend who installed the clifford alarm does the central locking as soon as i turn the ignition on to hopefully protect me from these sort of attacks.

i know what ill be doing when i get my impreza anyway ... only about 6-8 weeks to go (hopefully anyway)..

brett
Old 02 April 2002, 12:33 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

Brett, who installed your Clifford???

Tony
Old 02 April 2002, 12:47 PM
Lunchie
Scooby Regular

you can use the keypad in the car to programme it so that your doors automatically lock when the ignition is on. I've done this and don't know if it helps, but it means I don't have to remember to lock my doors all the time.

Lunchie
MY99.
Old 02 April 2002, 12:49 PM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know
Smile

I got that nice keypad feature working too. Very useful
Old 02 April 2002, 01:01 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Thanks for all these tales of wow lads, you are really giving me incentive to come back over to the UK.

One question though, is this car jacking and theft localised to the midlands / North or is it all over the UK???
Old 02 April 2002, 02:01 PM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

London and aouthern counties (surrey / sussex) are having regular events like this as well at the mo.
Old 02 April 2002, 03:52 PM
Rottie1
Scooby Regular

If you all bought 5 doors like i have just done then you could put your Rottweiller in the back.

Seriously i had my cossie stolen so i know what it is like. That had a cat1 & 2 on and took less than 30 mins to get away.

Hope it turns up ok.

Cheers, Rottie
Old 02 April 2002, 06:33 PM
cryptwalk
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Cryptwalk
I think you are from near me - where are you and can you tell me more about this incident ?
I know no more about this incident i didnt post it up, sorry dude. I could be close to you mate but am reluctant to post any adress on BBS through this type of incident. Don't wanna give anyone a easy task now do we.

Just say tameside area.

Incidently my dad has a 59strat.
Old 02 April 2002, 06:47 PM
saxovts2000
Scooby Regular

Red face

it's getting worse or is it just me?

My doors are lock as soon as I get into the car (ok I know I only have a saxo vts but still I aint gonna take anychances) trouble is "if" you do fight back and just say you "do" win the chances are that you will be the one doing the time not the car jacker!!

Laws need to be changed in bother the punishment and the use of some sort of defences from the driver (i.e. flame throwers out the side of the car ok bit OTT but you get what I mean i hope)

I'm hoping to get a scooby very soone but I have to say my parents or my girlfriend aren't to happy at the news that has been going on lately.

any way rant over...oh what ever happen to that post about writing to the government? Did it ever get off the ground?

MikeD
Old 02 April 2002, 07:43 PM
rogue trooper
Scooby Regular

Question

yeah, what ever did happen to the "letter to the government", there were loads of people up for that one??

p.s. im still interested!

rogue.
Old 02 April 2002, 10:21 PM
62strat
Scooby Newbie

Cryptwalk - I meant the bloke round your car at 6am !
The neighbours have had thieving scum round their Polo -so it's not just performance cars.....
Nice to know that someone knows what a 62strat actually is
Old 02 April 2002, 11:14 PM
cryptwalk
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Ahhaa sorry mate, my girl noticed and didnt wake me up for fear of reprisals (i'm not that bad in the mornings!) And she said they just drove off anyway. (The car has a prox sensor that was beeping Thus woke her)

It's not a nice feeling knowing someones eyeing up your car I'm just extra carefull now, even borderline paranoid. Better to be safe than sorry though.

I grew up with fender's my dad is mad into them and still plays in a 60's band. He has a salmon pink one at the moment too which is nice.
Old 03 April 2002, 12:52 AM
Catalunya74
Scooby Regular

Always lock your doors, check your mirrors, & never park to close to anyone at light ect, so you can drive away in a dodgy situation.
Maybe carry a gun, as its better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. just a thought
Old 03 April 2002, 08:04 AM
MattN
Scooby Regular

can't believe the police are giving advice to drive through red lights etc. and not stop for unmarked cars.

surely everyone who gets caught speeding now can say as I was being chased so I had to boot it in to town!
Old 03 April 2002, 08:38 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

<central locking by Clifford>

Unfortunately, that doesn't work too well either - my neighbour's wife was getting into her BMW last summer (during lunchtime & weekday) on our estate, when 2 ******* came up to her, tapped the glass and demanded she get out of the car.

The BMW has central locking on ignition as standard (well, theirs did). They preceded to smash the glass, physically drag her out of the car through the door, get their kid out of the back and speed off.

This was in broad daylight, lunchtime, on an exclusive estate (i don't live there anymore - something about bringing hte neighbourhood down....)

The moral is this -

If they want it, they'll take it. The key is NOT to get hurt. FFS, it's a piece of metal THAT IS INSURED. why do you think we pay such high premiums?

Just my 2p.

Dan.

Oh yeh, my old neighbours went straight out and bought a new BMW M3.

Quick Reply: Japanense performance car stolen and a few things to note.