Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I love my WRX

Search this Thread

Old 04 January 2002, 09:15 PM
EBR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was in Torquay - the only Scoob I saw the whole weekend was on the A30/303 about 5 mins before the M5.

Have spent 3 hours cleaning the baby this afternoon - expecting it to pee down tonight - Garage is full

The Shell Garage in between Torquay + Paignton has no Optimax luckily I found one that did.

Edited to confirm that the seats aren't the most comfortable in the world on a long run, but hey comfort/**** car or mildly uncomfortable/scooby ?

[Edited by EBR - 4/1/2002 9:17:13 PM]
Old 01 April 2002, 08:00 AM
EBR
Scooby Regular

[Apologies if this is the wrong forum]

After 3 weeks of faffing around I finally got the MY01 on a long run to Devon Fri am returning late last night.

If I've had as much fun with a totally unmodded version as I've had over the last couple of days what am I going to be like when I get around to modding it ?

Drove faster than I'd ever been before (on private roads of course Mr Plod), the handling and performance are awesome around country lanes and up hills. Cruised along seafronts. Strikes me that there can't be many Scoobs down west judging by the admiring looks (although I suppose that might not have been the car !!!)

Never had any doubts that I'd bought a beaut and finally had the chance to prove it.

Payback time today as the car is filthy. Two washes and plenty of TLC to come this morning.
Old 01 April 2002, 08:31 AM
Chris_S199
Scooby Regular

Cool

(Jen using Chris' computer...)

They're great aren't they!

...now where did I put my garage keys...

Jen
Old 01 April 2002, 12:55 PM
yoza
BANNED

Red face

Took mine(my01)for a longish blast yesterday aswell,220 mls every one enjoyable.But must say me bucket seats are not to comfortable after an hour or so,can you buy lumbar supports that vellcro on the the seat?Now just going back out the put another 40 quids worth of Optimax in the tank ouch!!If she gave me a penny for every time she said "f**kin slow down" I would have me petrol money for free!!Hee He.
Old 01 April 2002, 04:58 PM
Blooscoob
Scooby Newbie

EBR,
Which part of Devon did you go to?
Blooscoob
Old 01 April 2002, 10:12 PM
Brynweb
Scooby Regular

Wink

That could've been me!

I popped down to TQ this weekend in my bug-eyed WRX. Drove past the sea-front and got the youngsters' attention before spending a few hours doing my own admiring in Appleby's

Bryn.
Old 01 April 2002, 10:29 PM
EBR
Scooby Regular

Nope deffo older than a bug-eye - but did u see any others on the road over the weekend ? And god don't they drive slow (normal) down there. Next time I going to take a flask for the roundabouts lol.
Old 02 April 2002, 01:51 AM
Brynweb
Scooby Regular

Way too sloow!

Speaking of slow, in the 7 weeks that I've had my scooby, I keep more of an eye open for other owners. Every one I've seen on a motorway just sits in the slow lane at a steady 60mph. What's that all about?? It's supposed to be a 'drivers' car!