Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driving days/experiences - Any good???

Search this Thread

Old 17 June 2010, 07:21 PM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving days/experiences - Any good???

The mrs (legend) has bought me a driving experience at Prestwold Hall in Leicestershire at the helm of the mighty Nissan GTR and an Aston Martin DB9

I am pissing my pants with excitement as I have always wanted a blast in a GTR and the Aston, well that's just a bonus for me

Has anyone had any experience with driving days/packages and is there anything I need to watch out or ask for??

Cheers in advance
Old 17 June 2010, 07:37 PM
chrisdicko
Scooby Regular

I've just got back from one on Sunday! It rained though so wasn't as fun as it could have been. Plus it was an "Aston Martin Experience" and it turned out to be a V8 Vantage, rather than the DB9.

I did have fun, and it was a lovely car to drive, although not as fast as mine unfortunately.

Also, you don't do many laps! I did about 3 in a mini S, with me as a passenger, then about 5 in the Aston.

Don't expect to be there all day...unless you stick around watching. It isn't a driving days as such...more of an experience! I'd definitely do it again in a variety of different cars. It's not too cheap for what you actually get, but is a good experience. I think it was better for me, as I have never done a track day in my car before, so this was my first experience on track too.
Old 17 June 2010, 09:14 PM
Boydey77
Scooby Regular

A mate of mine went to Prestwold Hall last Saturday to drive a Gallardo, he said everyone had to give way to the GTR as it was so damn fast. They also use an Sti as one of the demonstration cars that they take you out in first.

Enjoy!!
Old 17 June 2010, 09:17 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

My wife bought me a Ferrari experience at Silverstone. £200 for 3 laps in exige, 3 laps in a 360 and a hot lap as a passenger in the Exige to show how it should be done.

The instructor in the Exige had obviously been doing it too long, was rude and aggressive if I put a foot wrong and generally very unprofessional.

The instructor in the 360 was excellent, patient and willing to teach rather than shout his head off, really enjoyed it. I look back and wished I hadn't taken the crap from the first one as I was the one paying £200 but the 360 and hot lap were awesome.
Old 17 June 2010, 09:17 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

My wife bought me a Ferrari experience at Silverstone. £200 for 3 laps in exige, 3 laps in a 360 and a hot lap as a passenger in the Exige to show how it should be done.

The instructor in the Exige had obviously been doing it too long, was rude and aggressive if I put a foot wrong and generally very unprofessional.

The instructor in the 360 was excellent, patient and willing to teach rather than shout his head off, really enjoyed it. I look back and wished I hadn't taken the crap from the first one as I was the one paying £200 but the 360 and hot lap were awesome.
Old 17 June 2010, 09:24 PM
a16pse
Scooby Regular

ive done preswold 3 times mate , you will love it.
Old 18 June 2010, 01:09 AM
Cd09
Scooby Regular

I did one of those experiance days at thruxton, drove a porche caymen S and a ferrari 430 scuderia thats a beast of a car. It didnt last as long as i would have liked but was definately a worth while experiance and i would do it again. The instructors at thruxton were friendly and helpfull.
Old 18 June 2010, 10:43 AM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Boydey77
A mate of mine went to Prestwold Hall last Saturday to drive a Gallardo, he said everyone had to give way to the GTR as it was so damn fast. They also use an Sti as one of the demonstration cars that they take you out in first.

Enjoy!!
S-W-E-E-T !! Im climbing the walls waiting to go, its definitely the GTR that I want to get my hands on most

It will be my first real track time too so having the professional 'heads-up' is a bonus.

Thanks for the comments fella's
Old 18 June 2010, 12:29 PM
siannie
Scooby Regular

IMHO i've never fancied experience days after bf hired a v8 vantage for 3 days fully comp ins etc etc... I was 23 at the time and was sooooooo did cost about £2k.
Now we're using a vanquish s for our wedding in 2 years as we have already paid for it. almost costs more than the wedding itself but very worth it.
Enjoy your experience day, am slightly jealous about you driving the GTR though...
Old 18 June 2010, 05:02 PM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

I did one in an Impreza, Evo and Caterham, the cars were good but you were only in them for a short time, probably less than 20 minutes in total. Not really worth the £150 it cost.
I do quite fancy a go in a GTR though!

Last edited by Flaps; 18 June 2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old 18 June 2010, 05:25 PM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

I will let you know how I get on and maybe post some pics/video's if I don't smash it up lol