Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In need of a favour Gents if at all possible...

Search this Thread

Old 16 June 2010, 02:42 PM
JulioJordio2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In need of a favour Gents if at all possible...

I need to source a replacement intake pipe from the air filter to the turbo.

I need it today, tomorrow at the very latest.

I'm based in Blackpool, and I know its a long shot, but if anyone has one localish that I can collect, or someone that can post to me today, it'd help me out no end. Willing to pay the going rate, I just need this to drop my engine back in after a HG rebuild. I need the car for work, and ive been making do, but nearly 2 months without the Impreza is killing me.

Any help very much appreciated chaps.

Jordan
Old 16 June 2010, 03:11 PM
Evolution Stu
Administrator
Support Scoobynet!

Have you tried Calling ScoobyTecnix in Fleetwood?
Old 16 June 2010, 04:52 PM
JulioJordio2
Scooby Regular

Yes.....

The first part they gave me (that I collected in my lunch hour on monday) was incorrect.

I called them this morning, explained the above, and was told "Yes we have loads of them in mate, pop down, not a problem." Rushed around borrowing a car on my lunch to get up there, and when I did, they gave me the right part, but I noticed it was split in the same place mine is. So they went to find another, but couldnt find one for my car, with it being a 97. After stressing about finding the time during work to get a car and get up there, I left a little disappointed, and it isnt the first time thats the case with Scoobyteknix unfortunately. I was told as I left, "I'll ring you in ten mins mate, I think I have another one off site" that was at 13:00 and its now 16:50 and I still havent had a call.

The last time they had my car for an MOT, I was told I'd have it back that evening after giving them the go ahead to do anything needed to pass the MOT as I need the car for work, and cant afford not to have it for any length of time really, and it took 5 working days to fix, and pass the MOT. Now, all that was needed was; Split steering Rack Gaitor, Add a rear bracket support for the rear bumper, Fit a light bulb to light my rear plate, and to fit a cat so i'd pass emissions. I had been told it'd take a day.

Previous visit was quoted at an hours work which I waited for them to do, turned out to be nearly 3 hours.

The time before was to fit a cat for my previous MOT and they left a VAC hose off that made my car run horribly until I noticed it.

So, although they all seem like good blokes, and helpful, the service isnt the best IMHO. The prices are keen, and they are always happy help, they just seem terrible at time keeping.

Its a real shame in my eyes, if I knew i'd get my car back when they told me, or that work wouldnt take longer than initially told, or that they didnt have a part before I set off down there, I'd love to continue using them.

I have made comments regarding them on here before, almost hoping they'd see it and do something about it. But alas..... No.