Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arron Bird ..... come and meet thy maker!

Search this Thread

Old 29 March 2002, 12:15 AM
Gastro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Arron,

I know you dont know me, and I know you probably dont like me.....
BUT ! - I have to ask this question --> why oh why are you selling your M3 .......???????????

This was the DOG's according to you and I doubt very much that 5K miles is enough to appreciate such a lovely car......?...... but after all your slagging of scoobs what do we all see ---> possibly interested in an STi7......

You have given alot of people a hard time over owning scoobs, and at times been offensive to other people on this board....... so come clean and tell us all <not that we will gloat >..

...time to reep what you have sown......

Gastro

PS - if you are selling because of a 'change of circumstance' so-to-speak then fair enough..... I'm not out here to trounce on misfortune...
PPS However ----> if its an X5 you are going to ---> shame on you

[Edited by Gastro - 3/29/2002 12:21:14 AM]
Old 29 March 2002, 07:28 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

BTTT so Arron sees it
Old 29 March 2002, 08:01 PM
ARRON BIRD
Scooby Regular

Gastro interesting comments.
I have never slagged off the Subaru. My first car a 5 door turbo was faultless in every way apart from too much understeer.I was basically ripped off with my P1!!
I have decided that I dont need a £42000 car any more. I get bored very easily. Cars are not the be all for me any more so I moght aswell buy something for less cost. I`ve done the big budget thing and am bored.
I find myself driving the M3 like an old fart most of the time and people dont give a fack about slamming things into your car and stuff so I might aswell buy something cheaper.
I trust that answers your question.
And oh I cant fault the M3 in any way at all and am in the fortunate position to sell it and make either a small profit or at least get list for it.
Nice eh.
I am not saying that I am going to buy another Scoob I just want to see if they build them a bit better these days,have less understeer,a stereo that sounds half decent and paint that doesnt fall off when you wash your motor.
Oh yeah and her indoors wants to spend more on bricks and mortar and not pi55 it up the road.

Please tell me what I should buy after an M3???
I want a four door for easy kids access. I want refinement that I get now and I want a bit of speed when I want it and want to spend no more than £30K.
I REALLY want to keep a car for three years. I CAN afford to keep the M3 I just cant see the point in using it for work every day and then going out in a 10000mile Honda Shuttle at weekends cos its too much hassle to take the 3 and 4 year olds out in a £42000 motor that everyone wants to scratch.
Might aswell save money and buy a bigger gaff and still have a smile on my face.
I`d really like the STI 5 door cos I also do a bit of carp fishing so I could fack off whenever I like without having to rely on using the Shuttle and leaving me Julie stranded at home with the kids cos she`s too scared to drive my Beemer.
I really am too sensible these days eh
The only thing I can honestly say about the M3 is I have never really had that love affair with it.

[Edited by ARRON BIRD - 3/29/2002 8:22:05 PM]
Old 29 March 2002, 08:57 PM
Gastro
Scooby Regular

Smile

Arron,

Thanks & fair comment.....
You are becoming an old fart
Good luck with your next MPV

Cheers,

Gastro

Old 29 March 2002, 09:08 PM
subster
Scooby Regular

!
!
!

( )
{ }
{ }
() ()

[Edited by subster - 3/29/2002 9:10:13 PM]

[Edited by subster - 3/29/2002 9:11:48 PM]
Old 29 March 2002, 09:18 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arron,
I have amate who has just taken delivery of his new Golf diesel (don't laugh) 150gti, goes like stink when you want it to, does at least 40mpg even if you rag it! can have 5 doors to get the baggage in and out, good build quality, and it doesn't stand out in the crowd, so therefore people won't want to wreck it for you.
No doubt it could even be chipped for more bhp if you wanted it.
Hope this helps.
Ron
Old 29 March 2002, 09:47 PM
BugEyed
Scooby Regular

Wink

Arron

I know whwere you are coming from. I've just done the same journey 4 days running across the cotswolds, twice in the Scoob (about 280 bhp tuned MY01), and twice in the wifes 110 BHP Passat diesel. Far more fun in the Scoob (lots of overtaking etc.), but only 5 mins fater door to door. Interetingly, got bown away in the Scoob by an M3 cab (along a bypass), but up Broadway hill kept up with a M3 coupe in the Passat (driver limit vs understeer).

So, in the busy roads of the south, why bother? Personally, I'm not sure! Maybe stick to a bike or a Westfield for the track.

Duncan
Old 29 March 2002, 10:31 PM
pwebb
Scooby Regular

AB - sounds like you need a legacy b4 - plenty of us enlightened B4 owners would recognise the sentiments you are expressing

you know it makes sense

Paul W
Old 29 March 2002, 10:37 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
330 Touring? Maybe once optioned though over £30k?
Old 29 March 2002, 11:05 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Arron

Sounds like we have had the same reasoning with the M3. Its quite scary having £43k tied up in a car. Also my wife refused to drive it. Might of driven it if it had been manual though.

What to get !!. Just been through the same decision myself. Sold the M3 (below list though - lots of choice out there now) without buying a replacement. There is not a lot of choice out there.
Audi havent replaced the S4 yet, or that would of got a serious look in.

Ive now got an STI sat outside. Nice car, and certainly the best Scooby so far. You will need more money to upgrade the power though, and its desirability to scum is pretty much as high as the M3. It does lack a lot of things the M3 had though. What is nice is being looked after by my dealer again, far better than the BMW dealer. Also seeing that IM do care about customers and move heaven and earth to deliver where BMW couldnt care.

For me, I wish I'd kept the M3, over three years the extra depreciation would only be 4-5k, maybe less. Luckily I do have an option on another M3 for later this year. Going to give the STI a bit more time before I commit, but its not looking good for the pink badged beast outside.

Jonathan
Old 29 March 2002, 11:30 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

D'ont think you'll get list or make a profit on the M3 AB,some selling for 37k(UK cars) now.Good luck though.
Old 30 March 2002, 01:28 AM
ARRON BIRD
Scooby Regular

Johnathan I`m sorry to hear your regret.
I`m pretty confident that I can sell the car and not loose too much. As for a replacement well we`ll just have to see. I intend doing a lot of test drives in a lot of cars before I make my decision.
I may even take the BMW touring route but the place to start is to sell the M3 and go from there. I fancy the X5 but that means no saving in monthly outlay so we`ll just have to see.
I must say again the M3 is a supercar in all merits and you will need to spend even more if you want to get anywhere close in a package with another badge.
An RS4 estate is another option but agin it carries a high price.
Whats the story with the car at Welch`s????
I`m used to buying Subaru mingers.
PS Johnathan if you had bought your car from the right place I dont think you would agree. Murketts have been first class...mindy you I havnt needed them much
Old 30 March 2002, 07:53 AM
Spudgun VI
Scooby Regular

Wink

buy an evo6 for 18k. better in just about every respect than a scooby , IMHO (yep, flame suit is on ). yeah yeah, 150 mile range and all that , but its a fantastic base for modding. quick, safe, and useable everyday. a bargain really

and you'll have 22k change to play with as well