Sponsored by:

Parking fine, help!

Search this Thread

Old 17 May 2010, 01:25 PM
Andy-pay
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking fine, help!

anyone know if in a 'Pedestrian zone - loading/unloading, access only' area, whether yellow lines are required on the road?

just been ticketed, was dropping my lad off at a 'Games Workshop' day, with all the kit he takes, so considered myself to be unloading. ticket was issued after 'observing between 1.11-1.16pm' yesterday, so feel a bit peeved.

any help appreciated!!
Old 17 May 2010, 01:30 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

If you got out and walked away it will be difficult to fight.

If you stopped and helped him out with his stuff, not so. But HE has the law on HIS side now. You are guilty until you can prove yourself innocent. Any witnesses?
Old 17 May 2010, 01:34 PM
Andy-pay
Scooby Regular

no witnesses really. just helped him in the shop, and then he bought something, so that delayed me to about 10-11mins total.
Old 17 May 2010, 02:09 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should look on the kerb for yellow markings, these are loading/unloading marks, 1 - 3 marks.
http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum.../dg_070563.pdf

Tony

Last edited by TonyBurns; 17 May 2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old 17 May 2010, 02:46 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Andy-pay
no witnesses really. just helped him in the shop, and then he bought something, so that delayed me to about 10-11mins total.
Woops. You weren't unloading, you were shopping. I'd take it on the chin.
No points involved, are there?
Old 17 May 2010, 03:43 PM
Andy-pay
Scooby Regular

I dont want to justify whether I was unloading or not, hence the original query about the lining. Im not convinced the area was correctly signed, so will check, but im not sure if yellow lines are required for a road signed as a 'pedestrian zone - loading/unloading, access only'?
Old 17 May 2010, 03:53 PM
PeeVee
Scooby Regular

I live in an area that has the whole of the highstreet and some side roads that are designated as "Pedestrian Zones" and also have "Loading/unloading only access" at specifyed times, and none of these have road markings.

All markings stop as you enter the Pedestrian Zone
Old 17 May 2010, 03:56 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Andy-pay
Its BROUGHT!!!!!!
Old 17 May 2010, 04:54 PM
Richie333
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamz3k
Its BROUGHT!!!!!!
I think it's actually bought

If you left the car and went into the shop then you will have been classed as parking the car there so unfortunately you can't get out of it
Old 17 May 2010, 04:55 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I would of thought a loading/unloading zone would be for commercial vehicles and a car would be liable for the ticket.
Old 17 May 2010, 05:11 PM
Andy-pay
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Richie333

If you left the car and went into the shop then you will have been classed as parking the car there so unfortunately you can't get out of it
just checking whether the area is signed correctly really, not arguing about parking/unloading etc. in my opininon I was unloading (he has bloody suitcases full!!), was there for 10-11mins only. its well known for the shop to have these games on every Sunday, cant help thinking the wardens wait for people to dissappear into the shop then pounce, as everyone offloads their kids at the door! typical really.
Old 17 May 2010, 05:43 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

You'd better believe it.
Where we live, the council has just taken over parking enforcment and taken on 12 new wardens. They have allegedly been told that the fines they generate will pay their wages.

Have a guess where FOUR of them were, first day of their jobs?
Ouside the local Jobcentre, where there is little available parking, targetting the people who really can't afford to get tickets, or buy a ticket to park half a mile away.
Old 17 May 2010, 07:32 PM
Andy-pay
Scooby Regular

yeah, thats the point really - I did absolutely no harm or cause inconvenience to anyone for the 10mins i was there. I know people will say 'shouldnt have been there, blah blah' but its the feeling of injustice which really gets me; to drop my kid off at something he enjoys, either costs me to park my car, twice, and lug all his kit across town, or get some jobsworth waiting to pounce.

anyway, done some research on signing etc, so will take a look first thing tomorrow, you never know!
Old 17 May 2010, 07:45 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
You'd better believe it.
Where we live, the council has just taken over parking enforcment and taken on 12 new wardens. They have allegedly been told that the fines they generate will pay their wages.

Ouside the local Jobcentre, where there is little available parking, targetting the people who really can't afford to get tickets, or buy a ticket to park half a mile away.
Not at all suprised, they can bullsh*t all they want about not being incentivised or set targets tomeet or ecxceed...
Old 17 May 2010, 09:07 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Best thing is appeal the ticket but I would bet money on it they have a digital picture of the car unattended and if this is so you might as well just pay the ticket before it doubles in price.
Old 18 May 2010, 06:54 AM
midnight
Scooby Regular

100% sure you will have to pay the fine as long as signs are up stating it is a pedestrian zone,and no loading /unloading is permitted then they have got you bang to rights.The warden observed your vehicle for the required 5 mins and then issued a penalty charge notice. Had you just been in a no loading zone then there would have been double yellow lines and 2 kerb blips,and the warden would not need to observe your vehicle for 5 mins as it is an instant ticket.

You'd better believe it.
Where we live, the council has just taken over parking enforcment and taken on 12 new wardens. They have allegedly been told that the fines they generate will pay their wages

I think you will find that the above quote is rubbish ,just rumours. A local council can NOT use the funds they generate to pay for wardens wages as it is government funded.Any money received from the issue of parking tickets has to go back in to parking services(ie: roads,highways,signs & lines,etc)
If it were a private firm employing the wardens like ncp ,etc then the tickets they issue,will go towards there overall wage which is wrong imho as tickets are issued ***** nilly and in alot of the cases also issued incorrectly as they are often set targets so cars parked in a parking bay with a wheel touching the double yellow line get fined,which is illegal also.

I use to be a manager at royal mail,and would get 4 tickets a month regularly,my car, parked illegally ,by myself, outside the mail centre. Think yourself lucky that you got a £35.00 fine ,if you had been in london they would have towed you away ,and probably charged you a few £100 to get your car back.

Last edited by midnight; 18 May 2010 at 06:58 AM.
Old 18 May 2010, 08:15 AM
rct
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by alcazar
You'd better believe it.

not condoning what was going on but if they can afford to run a car they can afford to pay to park.
RCT
Old 19 May 2010, 12:59 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Richie333
I think it's actually bought
With such a low post count, I'll forgive you for your error and recommend you read/learn the scoobynet General dictionary!