scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do it over the phone,that way you don't need to go anywhere
Old 14 May 2010, 10:50 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of them don't cover whether Finance is owed ....
Old 14 May 2010, 11:43 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

If you buy a car in good faith then you own it. You have good title and the credit firm will have to pursue the vendor. Its been like this since 1964.
Old 15 May 2010, 05:44 AM
IMPREZATECH
Scooby Regular

Default Read this..HPI & other vehicle checks save you grief

There are many pitfalls when buying and thousands of people every year are left devastated when a vehicle fraud happens to them, imagine the knock on the door when a Police Officer is standing there saying "we have reason to believe you are driving a stolen vehicle", the vehicle is taken away, you lose the money you paid, the vehicle, and have to convince the Police that you are the one who did not steal the vehicle, it is an experience that will stay with you for the rest of your life and you will never buy a vehicle again without first checking the history and id of the vehicle with a data checking company such as you can find on www.mycarcheck.com . Or call our help number with questions regarding any issue in relation to the, remember it is not possible to give out or confirm the recorded owners name and address, this is not possible to achieve - no one in the UK will do this - you have to physically see the documentation for yourself and rely on hard evidence of ownership, such as a receipt from the owner to show they own the vehicle.
Old 16 May 2010, 09:08 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Research is the key .... I'm pretty cautious by nature ..... I walked away a car of my dreams 20 years ago because things didn't add up with the person selling.

A few weeks later I bought a solid one and enjoyed it.
Old 16 May 2010, 09:58 AM
subarutim
Scooby Regular

i wouldnt trust hpi checks at all!!! i was selling my 200sx a while back when people did hpi checks it came up first as a write off then as stolen finally found out some monkey at hpi had inputted the wrong number plate into the system and mine was fine!!!took them 2 weeks to sort and i lost two sales because of this.when i asked about compensation for this they put the phone down on me!!!! not to be trusted and this was the oficial hpi people!!!!!! feckin useless
Old 16 May 2010, 10:15 AM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

i had one done a few years back with AA or RAC cant remember... anyway i got paperwork that confirmed no finance, stolen etc etc in short the certificate said that if the car turned out to be stolen for example then all my money was covered by them.

read the small print from each company and it should tell you if your covered or not.
Old 22 May 2010, 07:21 PM
IMPREZATECH
Scooby Regular

All reputable trade car's are checked by HPI or sometimes other agencie's before sale to the public,you can get compensation if you buy a car they say is good and turn's out not to be.
Many people are not aware just how easy it is to fake VIN number's and documentation and as DVLC lost zillion's of genuine V5 document's these are finding there way into the hand's of unscrupulous seller's and it's very difficult to be sure the vehicle is Bona Fide even with year's of experience.
Remember you can never do enough check's when spending you hard earned and if you spent 1% of your cash it's better than losing £10'000 or more on the Scooby the law have just removed from you when you send document's to DVLC and they have it recorded as STOLEN !!
Check out these link's

http://www.hpicheck.com/?gclid=CMnd1...FVKZ2Aod8lW4Jw

http://www.theaa.com/car-data-checks/index.html

https://www.mycarcheck.com/
Old 22 May 2010, 11:25 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Quite true .... but the stolen V5's have been listed on their website ..... the number ranges. I guess the numbers could be changed?

I agree, you cannot do too many checks on a car and seller!