Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Has anyone ever brought a car from CarData?

Search this Thread

Old 05 March 2001, 09:58 PM
KPM
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Every time I put a car up for sale in AutoTrader I always get a sales person from CarData calling to see if I want to spend more money with them. Apparently they have "thousands of buyers wanting my car". Well I've never fallen for it. I or any of my friends wouldn't ever think about calling CarData to buy a car, so would anyone else?
Old 05 March 2001, 11:24 PM
T-uk
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

save your money they are pish.told me the same last year when i was selling my motorbike,because i had advertised twice in auto trader(got calls no sale)and they keep re-advertising until sold+free weekend break,if unsold in 7 or something days, i thought why not,signed up and still have not had a call despite restarting advert several times.the weekend break was crap too,no charge for bed but meals at full price,whether wanted or not.
sold bike in a local rag in first day advertised which was free.

john
Old 06 March 2001, 07:59 AM
paulmon
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

I agree, like Mr Footlong I was suckered into spending £70 with these rip off merchants. The got me by saying they actively sought buyers for my motor, and that they also provide finance to people who cannot find using high street banks etc.

Their method of actively finding buyers is by sending out a flyer with all the cars of a particular make and model that are available in your area.

BIG FAT CON

Fortunately for me I managed to get a decent PX deal on my wife's wagon. One thing I have learned from the ordeal of trying to sell a car privately is that you have to price the car to sell, all those modifications don't really count for much unless you are selling to someone who knows what they are, most people don't want to go near anything that's been heavily modified.

And the worst news is that used Impreza Turbo buyers are scared to death of imports, the first question I was asked by anybody that phoned enquiring about the car was 'It's not an import is it.' again it appears that your average Joe doesnt want anything to do with buying an import.

Paul
Old 06 March 2001, 08:36 AM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I have a policy of never using any company that phones me directly, or sticks pieces of paper under my windscreen wipers , without me asking for information from them.

If you advertise with a mobile number only, cardata do not seem to bother phoning, which is nice
Old 06 March 2001, 09:20 AM
Gary Foster
Scooby Regular

Echo all the above sentiments. Told me they had a buyer who would pay the asking price. Once they had my money that was the last I heard from them.

My car must still be being advertised (3 years later) as I received not one phone call back.

I kept phoning up to complain but their line was they'd done what they said they would. I was all set for driving to their head office and having the issue out with them (which I will do if anyone ever rips me off again)

Save yourself the anxiety. I'm following Robertio's lead from now on.
Old 06 March 2001, 10:09 AM
jasonp
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

AVOID THEM THEY ARE CRAP>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>

Personaly speak that was my experience anyway.

J
Old 06 March 2001, 12:10 PM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

Load of rubbish.

All money is aimed at getting advertisers, and not enough on getting people interested in the adverts.
Old 06 March 2001, 12:11 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Those so-called agencies really p!ss me off. Unfortunatly, I seem to have difficulty saying sod off to complete strangers. Same with Jehovahs witnesses etc. Normally have to listen to what they say and then say try again in a couple of weeks. Would never really trust those agencies......
Like bloody vultures.
Old 06 March 2001, 12:20 PM
MrWood
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Steer well clear of any of this type of selling!!!

Vultures - Good choice of word!