Sponsored by:

THIEVING SC**BAGS

Search this Thread

Old 15 April 2010, 11:22 AM
dontparknearmycar
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry THIEVING SC**BAGS

Can't believe it, just got from my holiday today and some Sc*&bags have stolen both side spoilers of my Hawkeye WRX which was parked on the drive. Spoken to my mate who popped round while we were away on Sunday and they were there then so they have been nicked in the meantime.
Have got the police coming round later to check for fingerprints, hope they manage to get something as the little black poppers that attach them are still on the drive by the car.
Has set my plans back to get a new exhaust system as the spoilers are not cheap.
Arghhhhhhh!!!!!

Shall be getting a webcam to monitor the car this weekend.
Old 15 April 2010, 11:31 AM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

wan*ers mate......hope the police manage to find who it was
Old 15 April 2010, 11:35 AM
rapid.STI
Scooby Regular

one word..... w**kers!!!!!
Old 15 April 2010, 11:43 AM
C17RPA
Scooby Regular

mother *******
Old 15 April 2010, 11:48 AM
lockley
Scooby Regular

they have done me a few times,

bits missing badges etc, the last time it was a 7ft scratch down the passenger side in the middle of the day out side my house and its a nice area, there just the scum of the earth.

i have now done the same and got wireless cameras connected to a 500gb hard drive, i mean is this what the worlds come to.you even have to park in a garage during the day

hope you find them, so you can spend your money on exhaust and not bits you already had!

i am going to have to spend my simtek money on getting my passenger side re sprayed

regards nathan
Old 15 April 2010, 11:54 AM
fiveskin
Scooby Regular

utter pr1cks

i live in a cul-de-sac so im out of the way and unnoticed, but still every week some mong manages to pop round to steal my dust caps.
and someone threw a kebab all over the roof the other night. took hours to get the fat out.
Old 15 April 2010, 12:28 PM
dontparknearmycar
Scooby Newbie

Just had the Scenes of crime man round, dusted for finger prints but no joy. There were a couple of marks where the bast!"ds had lent on the car but nothing useable. He thinks that they were maybe nicked to order due to their cost.
Gutted there were no finger prints, going to speak to the rest of the neighbours when they get in but doubt they saw anything as I hope they would have called the police if they had.
Just annoys me that I work hard to have a nice car and this gets done.
Off to the stealership later to see how much a new set are going to be.

I think i am going to work on my anti theft device of electrifying the whole car.
Old 15 April 2010, 12:37 PM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

F##kers

People like that need to be castrated using a rusty bread knife and then locked in a room with no windows for eternity with a 7ft tall hairy biker with the nickname 'bum breaker.'
Old 15 April 2010, 12:50 PM
pinkypurkhardt
Scooby Regular

f**kers my sister inlaw's sister had her bumper nicked of her clio twice while the full faimily were asleep in the house funny thing was the first time it happened she went to a local garage and they said they had 1 that would fit when she got it it was her original bumper lol police investigated but nothing came of it
Old 15 April 2010, 12:58 PM
lockley
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dontparknearmycar
Just had the Scenes of crime man round, dusted for finger prints but no joy. There were a couple of marks where the bast!"ds had lent on the car but nothing useable. He thinks that they were maybe nicked to order due to their cost.
Gutted there were no finger prints, going to speak to the rest of the neighbours when they get in but doubt they saw anything as I hope they would have called the police if they had.
Just annoys me that I work hard to have a nice car and this gets done.
Off to the stealership later to see how much a new set are going to be.

I think i am going to work on my anti theft device of electrifying the whole car.

hello,
just seen this on an american forum.

Okey as most people know, the traditional car alarm system makes a lot of noise but does not really prevent a theif from gaining access into your car. If your in the mall and someone breaks into your car, chances are you will never know about it until its too late. Even with the systems that page you, by the time you get to your car, your radio is gone and so is anything valuable you left in the car. My point is, the traditional car alarm system just does not prevent theft for either your car or the valuables in it.

So this got me thinking, how can i design a system the actually prevents access into the car ????? Isnt this the million dollar question !!!!! then it occured to me, how about using stun gun technology to do just that !!!!

I did some research on the topic and i found this article http://wired-vig.wired.com/news/tech...,13931,00.html
I know what most of you are thinking....its got to be against the law right !!!!!!!! Wrong...actually its illigal to own a stun gun in only 8 states in the usa and a handfull of countries world wide. http://www.safetyenforcement.com/stungunlaws.html

So heres my idea !!! I will construct a simple circiut that would deliver the electric voltage (or use this kit http://store.qkits.com/moreinfo.cfm/FK901 ) and install electrodes inside the door handles and in other strategic locations inside the car. the circuit would then be controlled by the alarm output so that when the alarm goes off, it emits the electricity to the electrodes. anyone trying to open the car door would receive an elecrtic shock and would be instantly scared to try open the car again. I would not be dealing with current high enought to make a person pass out, ..just high enought to make you think twice before trying to open or get into the car again. about 50,000 volts...as opposed to most stun guns rated at 900,000 volts.... ouch !!!!!

Now the body of the car would not be energized in case a false alarm occures and a passer by gets zapped. In other words, you only get zapped if you try to break into the car. I have talked to my cousin who is a cop, and according to North Carolina law, i can put this system in my car legally. i will also display windows warning stickers

the rest of the ten pages is here.....http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/gene...rm-system.html

regards nathan
Old 15 April 2010, 01:08 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hope u find out who the thieving *******s were, and kick the crap oot oh them
Old 15 April 2010, 01:11 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Tough on crime tough on the causes of crime eh

Originally Posted by pinkypurkhardt
f**kers my sister inlaw's sister had her bumper nicked of her clio twice while the full faimily were asleep in the house funny thing was the first time it happened she went to a local garage and they said they had 1 that would fit when she got it it was her original bumper lol police investigated but nothing came of it
Feel for the OP but nothing will come of it, does it ever? Fingerprints ... how would that help even if they found some? Even CCTV may not help as they'll just wear "hoodies".

Move to a better area &/or park out of sight is really all we can do solution above (zap!) does sound awesome though!

TX.

Edit - what happened to that "metal bar" that could be fixed to the steering wheel & when armed has 50,000 volts flowing through it? Can't drive away without the steering wheel. Appreciate no use to the OP though ...

Last edited by Terminator X; 15 April 2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 15 April 2010, 01:21 PM
verdasco1
Scooby Regular

Its a bad joke you just cant have anything nice these days... always keep mine in a garage, but even in my underground cctv and 24 hour security guarded private car park some scum bag (probably the security guards dad) stole all the plastics and petrol tank off my r1 3 grand to replace, like I said it´s a bad joke, only thing to do is have the best insurance possible which costs an arm and a leg. Still it beats catching them doing it because you would have to kill them , and then what!
Old 15 April 2010, 06:13 PM
dontparknearmycar
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by junior1910
hope u find out who the thieving *******s were, and kick the crap oot oh them
If I found them they would have trouble walking for awhile.

Anyhow there is a sliver lining, went to the dealers in Peterborough to price up the spoilers (Approx £300 per side!! ouch)and whilst there managed to get a 2nd hand genuine WRX spoiler for £80. Saved myself a few quid there at least.
Speaking to the guys in the dealership and they had some ripped off one of their cars around christmas. Wouldn't have thought to be worried about side spoilers. Guess people will nick anything.