Sponsored by:

Work in progress 2003 wrx sti

Search this Thread

Old 31 March 2010, 10:54 PM
onlythebrave-2009
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Work in progress 2003 wrx sti

Hi all, new on here. I had a Subaru turbo 2000 for about two years then about a year ago I decided to change to a 2003 wrx sti uk type.
I bought the car totally standard and in January this year I started thinking about getting some more power, a friend of mine had just had his car remapped and highly recommended talking to Duncan at racedynamix so I asked for Duncan’s advise on how to get around 350 bhp.
With a list of what I would need I started with a full 3” milltek exhaust with high flow sports cat, walbro 255lt fuel pump, aem cold air induction, while the exhaust was being fitted Julian had advised me the headers were blowing and with my remap booked I needed to get them changed quick.
Jon (micared) was very helpful and advised me to contact Harvey smith. The next day I had my GT spec gen 2 headers with DEI heat wrap (which was a work of art) delivered and fitted with an outstanding service from Jon.
Then it was off to see Duncan for the remap, the car was completely different on the drive home and this is the result

http://racedynamix.co.uk/new/2010/03...sti-351-8-bhp/
Old 31 March 2010, 10:57 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice, enjoy it while it lasts because once the bug has bitten what you have is never enough - what have you planned next
Old 31 March 2010, 11:08 PM
onlythebrave-2009
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JonMc
Nice, enjoy it while it lasts because once the bug has bitten what you have is never enough - what have you planned next
Think I have it already, just got my rota grid drifts and in the middle of ordering a set of k-sports
Old 01 April 2010, 07:48 AM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 01 April 2010, 06:14 PM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by onlythebrave-2009
Think I have it already, just got my rota grid drifts and in the middle of ordering a set of k-sports
LOL

Another addict created

Well chuffed on the 351.8bhp for your Adam - especially with the sports cat still in there
Old 02 April 2010, 01:45 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a really good result for a UK STi Adam, for the mods you have done and retaining the sports CAT. The 2002 UK STi which I had until recently was 335-348 bhp depending on the rollers in use. Similar mods but no CAT.
Do you have or can you get from the RR, a copy of the boost plot?
Old 02 April 2010, 03:41 PM
micaredwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by onlythebrave-2009
Jon (micared) was very helpful and advised me to contact Harvey smith. The next day I had my GT spec gen 2 headers with DEI heat wrap (which was a work of art) delivered and fitted with an outstanding service from Jon.
My pleasure mate, See you soon for the next lot of mods
They certainly were very good figures from the RR day, No wonder you looked so happy
Old 02 April 2010, 04:04 PM
onlythebrave-2009
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by harvey
That is a really good result for a UK STi Adam, for the mods you have done and retaining the sports CAT. The 2002 UK STi which I had until recently was 335-348 bhp depending on the rollers in use. Similar mods but no CAT.
Do you have or can you get from the RR, a copy of the boost plot?
Hi Harvey, once again thank you for all the help with my headers and for such a quick delivery. They have made such a difference really impressed with them very highly recommended

Old 02 April 2010, 04:06 PM
onlythebrave-2009
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by micaredwrx
My pleasure mate, See you soon for the next lot of mods
They certainly were very good figures from the RR day, No wonder you looked so happy
Cool, cant wait the rotas are here just double checking the k-sports will fit with the rotas then they will be ordered.
Old 03 April 2010, 11:23 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for that. Your kind comments are appreciated and thanks too for the graph.
From what I can see I think the special 3 bolt uppipe will greatly improve your spool and I am confident that is the case, so much so that I am happy to send you one and you only pay for it once it is fitted. If you are not happy with the result send it back and I will refund your postage. If you keep it £149 plus £12.50 postage.
An easy way to test it if you have a boost guage fitted is to clock where you get 1 bar. 4th gear on a 5 speed or 5th gear on a six speed but it must be done on the same stretch of level road in both directions and you have to do two or three runs to get the turbo hot to get a consistant result.
Just PM or email if you would like to do this at some time in the future.
Old 03 April 2010, 06:11 PM
micaredwrx
Scooby Regular

That's a very good offer Adam, I very much doubt you will be dissapointed with the results.
I fitted Harveys special up-pipe to mine today and immediately felt a difference in early spool and possibly more torque
Really looking forward to seeing the before and after graphs when Duncan maps in it the near future

Jon
Old 03 April 2010, 11:12 PM
onlythebrave-2009
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by micaredwrx
That's a very good offer Adam, I very much doubt you will be dissapointed with the results.
I fitted Harveys special up-pipe to mine today and immediately felt a difference in early spool and possibly more torque
Really looking forward to seeing the before and after graphs when Duncan maps in it the near future

Jon
I’m really interested in trying this out. Would it be ok to add this to my list of jobs I need you to do
Old 25 February 2011, 10:39 AM
onlythebrave-2009
Scooby Regular

Just thought I would update this as some thing have changed now, perrin fmic, MD321 t, 650cc injectors, perrin big MAF to go on as it didn’t turn up in time so I have a pipercross on at the moment.

Duncan mapped my car yesterday and the results are much more than I expected, well over 400bhp I will post up graphs after tomorrow as there is a rolling road day so I’m keeping the exact results quite un till after then.