Sponsored by:

paypal payement now decides he wants a refund

Search this Thread

Old 31 March 2010, 02:22 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paypal payement now decides he wants a refund

I had an email from a prospective buyer from finland for the wheels i was selling,he looked at all 4 pictures and decided he wanted them ,so sent me a payment with shipping costs of 600 euros to my paypal account,he now decides after asking the question are all 4 tyres the same as in finland they have to be (apparentley),i said no avon on the rears and falken on the front ,he is now asking for a full refund of which the funds are on the way to my bank account where do i stand on this cheers lee.
Old 31 March 2010, 02:23 PM
every1sgottablue1
Scooby Regular

I would say B*llocks, depends if you put anything on your ad stating no returns etc. You should just post them and tell him there on there way
Old 31 March 2010, 02:29 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

thats what i thought email has been sent to him saying already shipped !
Old 31 March 2010, 02:58 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

I havnt misslead him in anyway shape or form he viewed the ad looked at the pictures and made up his own mind and sent a paypal payement to me simple but the item has been picked up by currier and is on it's way nothing I can do now
Old 31 March 2010, 03:08 PM
Abx
Scooby Regular

If shipped then not your problem.

If you are feeling nice you could give him the option to send back (at his cost) and you can refund him less any cost born by you, you'd be under no obligation to do so but I think the offer and cost to him to return would just not be worth it and he'd keep the wheels.
Old 31 March 2010, 08:58 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

i have sent him tracking numbers for the wheels,and the option to send them back but i have told him he would have to pay paypal costs and another £201 to send them back to me at his cost..................no reply so far
Old 31 March 2010, 09:07 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

just make sure you've no money in the paypal account as paypal are ***** at refunding people who lie about purchases. No money no refund. You've done nothing wrong so just wait for his response.

Aaron
Old 31 March 2010, 09:10 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

These are very tough to resolve and the buyer is always in the right on paypal.

Its all too easy for Paypal to either hold the funds if they are still in the paypal account (or any funds upto the total cost) or block your account from further transaction until reslolved.

So to put it blunt the buyer who has shelled out cash (that paypal see) always get rewarded, unless the seller has done his homework or pre-sale preparation.

You say you have sent him photos, so I assume that you have also had the deal gone ahead via email in which case you need the emails. This is the only proof you have had to say that the buyer is happy with that you are offering (2 brands of tyres that he disputing).

Im pleased that you have already removed the funds from paypal and its heading to your bank ;-) If this goes through as per normal and the buyer hasnt started a claim then you ought to be ok.

Try and reslove the issue with the buyer (stall for time untill the funds have deffinatly moved to your BAC)

If he has failed to realise that you have told him the tyres are not matching then this is his fault and let the paypal claim proceed. He hasnt a leg to stand on..... ;-))

HTH
Rob

Last edited by Rob Day; 31 March 2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old 31 March 2010, 09:29 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

thanks guys just going to check paypal that the money isnt refunded
Old 31 March 2010, 09:37 PM
EH52WRX
Scooby Regular

Can you copy and paste the ebay advert, it is hard to comment if we cant see pictures and what you have described in the add. If you are worried about ebay taken money from your A/c, i would remove your bank a/c details, as they will try and take the all funds back, if he says the item is not as described. It is a long horrible process if him want to be a Tw8t.
Old 31 March 2010, 10:20 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

wasnt advertised on ebay they were on piston heads,ive checked the paypal account and the transaction to my bank account has been reversed but still in my paypal account ,if i get ripped off heads will roll... il be on a flight out to finland asap
Old 31 March 2010, 10:33 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Who can you trust with a paypal account? send the money to someone quick!!!
Old 31 March 2010, 10:51 PM
G.Mac
Scooby Regular

I think an email to Paypal ASAP is in order explaining your side of the story AND detailing that you have already sent the goods and he has decided he wants to turn back on the deal AFTER you have posted the items and before he has received them
Old 31 March 2010, 11:22 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

From my understanding, if you remove the funds to your bank account then Paypal will take money from your funding, either Bank Account or Credit Card co. If you ask you Credit Card co to revers the payment then your Paypal account will be frozen until you settle the bill. That's what happened to me and it is a ball acher.
Old 31 March 2010, 11:58 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mmmm could this be a new scam? I've some classic sti wheels for sale on pistonheads and a guy from finland has asked about shipping. Is his name Eino?
Old 01 April 2010, 01:03 AM
scud8
Scooby Regular

Hmmm. I'm selling a guitar on ebay and I've just an email from a guy in finland asking postage costs - even though I've set the auction up to be UK only. He has impeccable feedback, but I'm still suspicious.
Old 01 April 2010, 07:43 AM
every1sgottablue1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bob r
From my understanding, if you remove the funds to your bank account then Paypal will take money from your funding, either Bank Account or Credit Card co. If you ask you Credit Card co to revers the payment then your Paypal account will be frozen until you settle the bill. That's what happened to me and it is a ball acher.
Very true Bob, if they want to take the money, they will. I believe it is part of there T&C's if you read the small print.
But I believe they will only do that if the original transaction is through the flea bay.
Old 01 April 2010, 07:49 AM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mneame
Mmmm could this be a new scam? I've some classic sti wheels for sale on pistonheads and a guy from finland has asked about shipping. Is his name Eino?
yes yes yes yes yes
Old 01 April 2010, 07:53 AM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

getting worried now...!
Old 01 April 2010, 07:54 AM
every1sgottablue1
Scooby Regular

I would contact Paypal now telling them you think you have been ripped off. Get in there first mate.

Lee.
Old 01 April 2010, 08:05 AM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by every1sgottablue1
I would contact Paypal now telling them you think you have been ripped off. Get in there first mate.

Lee.
paypal dont open there phone lines untill 9.30am have got all the details in front of me ready to make the dispute the money he sent is sill in paypal account but the transfer we made to our bank account has been reversed (cant understand why) till i ring them this morn i sent him an email yesterday giving him tracker numbers with parcel force and i have had no reply..... i will keep you all posted as to the outcome thanks for advice the robbing ****er...!!!!!
Old 01 April 2010, 08:12 AM
wazzawrx
Scooby Regular

Sorry to say it but is sounds like you have been scammed, hope Paypal can help you
Old 01 April 2010, 08:29 AM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by leecalcars
yes yes yes yes yes

After I saw this thread last night I emailed him asking if the tyres would be a problem as I'd heard that in Finland you need all 4 the same. The reply was No problem. Better if I could remove the tyres as they would be replaced anyway.

Out of interest what wheels are they and how much were they up for? Mine are classic sti wheels and up for £100 ono.
Old 01 April 2010, 08:31 AM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

One other thing, contact the courier company and tell them not to deliver. They should hold off if you explain the situation. Only trouble is it will cost for them to do this.
Old 01 April 2010, 08:39 AM
hendrixwoman
Scooby Newbie

Paypal don't always side with the buyer. I once sold a watch on eBay and was totally honest with my listing stating that the item was not to be confused with the higher end and much more expensive similar looking ones. It wasn't counterfeit just a cheap edition and I was clear and concise about this in the listing.

Buyer paid through Paypal, left me excellent feedback saying how happy they were with their purchase then about a week later tried to get refunded through Paypal saying the watch was a fake (Hello). I was more than honest with the listing and can only assume the buyer thought they were going to be buying a £1200 watch for £50. I had to then suffer 3 weeks of emailing to and fro between myself and Paypal and had to furnish them with copies of all communication and after what seemed like an eternity, I won and had the money put back in my account.

One has to be so careful as a seller these days though as I've had another type issue that could've ended up costing me thanks to Paypal. I once sold 4 rolls of wallpaper to a fellow in Norway and he duly paid via Paypal including the very expensive postage of about £45 and then Paypal decided to hold that payment until I had despatched the goods and the buyer had left good feedback. How crazy is that...you stand to lose out big style then cos some buyers don't bother to leave any feedback and then you have to wait something like 30 days before they will release your money. But what if the guy didn't like the despatch time or simply knows of this flaw in Paypal's 'make it up as they go along' policy, they leave you negative feedback, you lose your goods and have had to pay out on postage also. Thankfully though in this case the guy was more than happy and left me good feedback and the funds were released.

If you have copies of your email correspondence with the buyer I think your chances will be better than even that you will come out on top but Paypal and eBay are a total nightmare as far as I'm concerned and their regulations seem to be designed to produce revenue at all costs and are in my opinion somewhat unfair to the seller.
Old 01 April 2010, 09:13 AM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mneame
After I saw this thread last night I emailed him asking if the tyres would be a problem as I'd heard that in Finland you need all 4 the same. The reply was No problem. Better if I could remove the tyres as they would be replaced anyway.

Out of interest what wheels are they and how much were they up for? Mine are classic sti wheels and up for £100 ono.
the wheels and tyres i sold him were 18"rota with x21518x35 tyres of which i reduced my price by £50 from the goodness of my own heart never again will i post wheels to anyone if they want like i would do,i would travel anywhere to get what i want,simple as that.
This is hassle i dont really need at the minute and my faith in honest people is being jepodised by some fool from finland who is out there to scam not only me but probebly other honest individuals as well, so please all read this thread and make a mental note of this guy whos name wa mentioned above and let my lesson be a lesson to us all, i'm not the first and by no means the last but all please BEAWRE i thought i was you never know....
Old 01 April 2010, 09:25 AM
EH52WRX
Scooby Regular

Ok, FIRST thing to do is, go in to your paypal a/c and look to see if there has been a disputed raised against you. SECOND, contact the courier company and explain the situation, some will hold the parcel, some wont. THIRD, open a dispute with paypal explaining everything in detail, tracking number included. Forth, pray for a quick outcome . Keep us up to speed. Oh it does sound like its his fault, bl88dy Scandinavians.

Last edited by EH52WRX; 01 April 2010 at 09:26 AM.