Sponsored by:

newbie help

Search this Thread

Old 17 March 2010, 11:14 PM
TurboTuffy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie help

just got my bugeye sti this week its a 2002 with 44.000 on the clock uk spec and the bloke i got it from has said that he allways uses normal unleaded.

this is my 1st taste of any car non ford , and not knowing much about these i am going to ask that this is a big no no , am i correct in saying this ?

not sure what power it is running but i am planing a couple of small mods to start with , these being front and rear strut braces ( to help with the handling of couse ) and a filter of some kind ( for maybe a little extra hp ). are these good mods to start with ? is the sti exhaust good enough or could that do with replacing ?

i would be gratefull of any help

many thanks
Old 17 March 2010, 11:20 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Get it on Shell V-power or Tesco 99. If you look inside the filler flap it should say super unleaded only. My Bugeye STi has always been on superplus or better, apart from £10 when the light was on and in the middle of wales with not a clue as to where there was a shell or Tesco. You will feel a difference once on V-power or Tesco 99 it will also be worth putting a bottle of injector cleaner through such as STP. But don't blast it down the motorway, use the car normally so the cleaner has a chance to soak inside the injectors. Mine is running 416 bhp at 97k miles and on the original internals so look after it and never be afraid to ask questions.
Old 17 March 2010, 11:20 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TurboTuffy
just got my bugeye sti this week its a 2002 with 44.000 on the clock uk spec and the bloke i got it from has said that he allways uses normal unleaded.

this is my 1st taste of any car non ford , and not knowing much about these i am going to ask that this is a big no no , am i correct in saying this ?

not sure what power it is running but i am planing a couple of small mods to start with , these being front and rear strut braces ( to help with the handling of couse ) and a filter of some kind ( for maybe a little extra hp ). are these good mods to start with ? is the sti exhaust good enough or could that do with replacing ?

i would be gratefull of any help

many thanks
ive always had fords ive had my wrx for 2 years now wish id bought a sti but was clueless about them just like the flat four burble youve gotta run that car on tesco 99 or v power
Old 17 March 2010, 11:30 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Looked at your post again. Unless going for a high bhp 450+ then put a K&N, Green or STi panel filter. The exhaust is restrictive but changing the back box with free it up a bit.