Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

please look out for black classic J44TYL.

Search this Thread

Old 14 February 2010, 10:43 PM
trackcar
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please look out for black classic J44TYL.

my partner bought me the private plate J44TYL at christmas 2008. i put the plate on my black wrx. i got offered good money for the car so sold it but didnt have time to retain the plate before the car went.

and with the agreement with the new owner i kept the logbook and relevent docs to send away to dvla. i stated that when i recieve the new docs etc i will post them to him.

i sent the docs etc to dvla for plate retention and that was that. time passed and i didnt hear anything, so i contacted dvla and they said that they sent a letter out to me saying that someone other than myself had applied to be the new registered keeper. and because i hadnt replied back to them he was granted new ownership and i was getting done for no notification. (i hadnt recieved such letter)

so i rang dvla and tried to contest this, and because he was the new registered keeper and the plate was still on the car he was now the rightful owner of the plate too.

in the meantime i rang the lad, to which all i was getting was no answer, or his missus answering saying he wasnt there and she wouldnt speak to me etc etc, the usual crap!!!

the only other contact i had with him was an email address so i sent him numerous emails etc etc. no answer. and the address for him i had sent to dvla...grrr.

so he deliberatly did this behind my back and is probably laughing his head off now.

now its been about 6 months passed and to be honest ive given up hope. but at the end of the day my missus bought me this plate for christmas and it has upset her and gutted her. and its that whats making me so angry about the whole thing.

ok i know maybe i should have done things different, but it was my first plate and i was new to all this stuff, but he now has a plate that only has a value of 250 quid, means and has no relevance to him or anyone else.

now the lad goes by the name of william minns, lives in stowmarket near ipswich. if i had the complete address i would be down there in a flash.

i did a vehicle check on the dvla database recently and the car came back not taxed and not on the motor insurance database. so its probably been smashed up or blown up etc. which riles me even more knowing the plates probably not even being used........

all i want is my plate back, i dont care if i have to pay the value of the plate again to get it.... just wish the muppet would see sense.

if by any chance anyone knows anything or the whereabouts of the bloke or the car i would be gladly appreciated, i know its a long shot but this really is my only and last hope.

the car is a black 1994 impreza wrx and here are some pics of the car the day i sold it 6 months ago.

thanks guys

Old 14 February 2010, 10:47 PM
TOMMY_TURBO
Scooby Regular

i think the car has to be road legal tax mot etc just to get the plate off
Old 14 February 2010, 11:10 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TOMMY_TURBO
i think the car has to be road legal tax mot etc just to get the plate off

dvla will use there discretion when putting plates on retention, so that depends what mood the person who is dealing with it is in at the time.
Old 14 February 2010, 11:11 PM
deanb1980
Scooby Regular

whats his telephone number as i have found 4 minns in stowmarket/ipswich if you have his home number i can give you the address by pm
Old 14 February 2010, 11:14 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by trackcar
my partner bought me the private plate J44TYL at christmas 2008. i put the plate on my black wrx. i got offered good money for the car so sold it but didnt have time to retain the plate before the car went.

and with the agreement with the new owner i kept the logbook and relevent docs to send away to dvla. i stated that when i recieve the new docs etc i will post them to him.

i sent the docs etc to dvla for plate retention and that was that. time passed and i didnt hear anything, so i contacted dvla and they said that they sent a letter out to me saying that someone other than myself had applied to be the new registered keeper. and because i hadnt replied back to them he was granted new ownership and i was getting done for no notification. (i hadnt recieved such letter)

so i rang dvla and tried to contest this, and because he was the new registered keeper and the plate was still on the car he was now the rightful owner of the plate too.

in the meantime i rang the lad, to which all i was getting was no answer, or his missus answering saying he wasnt there and she wouldnt speak to me etc etc, the usual crap!!!

the only other contact i had with him was an email address so i sent him numerous emails etc etc. no answer. and the address for him i had sent to dvla...grrr.

so he deliberatly did this behind my back and is probably laughing his head off now.

now its been about 6 months passed and to be honest ive given up hope. but at the end of the day my missus bought me this plate for christmas and it has upset her and gutted her. and its that whats making me so angry about the whole thing.

ok i know maybe i should have done things different, but it was my first plate and i was new to all this stuff, but he now has a plate that only has a value of 250 quid, means and has no relevance to him or anyone else.

now the lad goes by the name of william minns, lives in stowmarket near ipswich. if i had the complete address i would be down there in a flash.

i did a vehicle check on the dvla database recently and the car came back not taxed and not on the motor insurance database. so its probably been smashed up or blown up etc. which riles me even more knowing the plates probably not even being used........

all i want is my plate back, i dont care if i have to pay the value of the plate again to get it.... just wish the muppet would see sense.

if by any chance anyone knows anything or the whereabouts of the bloke or the car i would be gladly appreciated, i know its a long shot but this really is my only and last hope.

the car is a black 1994 impreza wrx and here are some pics of the car the day i sold it 6 months ago.

thanks guys

i would never sell a car with a private plate on that i want to keep without retaining it first, there are lots of genuine people who would have swapped the plate over but as you said and have been told the plate now belongs to the new owner, and by the looks of dose not want to give it you back.
Old 15 February 2010, 12:21 AM
baldfox
Scooby Regular

good luck with this mate, and I am a firm believer in karma... hopefully your new found friend will develop a nice case of herpes or something equally unpleasant.
Old 15 February 2010, 06:35 AM
trackcar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by deanb1980
whats his telephone number as i have found 4 minns in stowmarket/ipswich if you have his home number i can give you the address by pm
as said in the thread mate i had a mobile number for him which i lost, this was due to other numbers ringing my phone replacing his number on the call history, so i no longer have this, all i have for him now is an email address. as far as i can remember, ive just been looking at stowmarket on multimap and im sure to god his street is SOAMES CLOSE, STOWMARKET. i live in derbyshire so its not as if i can just nip and look.

Originally Posted by my94wrx
i would never sell a car with a private plate on that i want to keep without retaining it first, there are lots of genuine people who would have swapped the plate over but as you said and have been told the plate now belongs to the new owner, and by the looks of dose not want to give it you back.
yes there is mate, and i realise the complications now, but at the time i didnt know and yes il learn from my mistakes, but im just trying to get back what it rightfully mine.
Old 15 February 2010, 09:23 AM
speedyscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by baldfox
good luck with this mate, and I am a firm believer in karma... hopefully your new found friend will develop a nice case of herpes or something equally unpleasant.
something itchy where he needs some cream !
Old 15 February 2010, 10:03 AM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try over on www.scoobycity.co.uk

Most members are Norfolk, Suffolk area so may be able to help or he may even be a member on there.
Old 15 February 2010, 08:27 PM
trackcar
Scooby Regular

thanks guys...... i will track him down....
Old 15 February 2010, 10:06 PM
C17RPA
Scooby Regular

thanks guys...... i will track him down....
good on ya mate,let us know how you get on.....good luck
Old 16 February 2010, 08:06 AM
trackcar
Scooby Regular

FOUND HIM!!!!!!!!!!! well ive found him on the scooby city forum, his username is ramboscooby

please please, if you are a member on there, can you keep it hush hush until ive spent some time on there.....

he is also using MY pics as his avatar and in his newbies section....... takes the ****!!!!!!!!

Last edited by trackcar; 16 February 2010 at 08:26 AM.
Old 16 February 2010, 09:25 AM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Have you tried checking the original registration number on DVLA?? He might of put it back on.

It looks from his/your pics that it has different size plates on now

Mine you it does say on SC it's been off the road for x months.

Best of luck mate

Last edited by Glowplug; 16 February 2010 at 09:27 AM.
Old 16 February 2010, 10:04 AM
trackcar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by b13bat

Mine you it does say on SC it's been off the road for x months.
where does it say that mate??
Old 16 February 2010, 10:04 AM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

good luck mate i had a nightmare with the dvla over my plate which i sold on a car wich the new keeper was goin to send back , he done everything right to send it back but they mixed it all up and lost the retention docs and mad a right ***** up of it . after nearly 2 years i got it back £400 lighter
Old 16 February 2010, 10:37 AM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

where does it say that mate??
Sorry mate, ****'d if i can find it now, but looking at it again i've prob posted a load of

Ingore it for now if i find the source i'll let you know. Sorry to
Old 16 February 2010, 11:00 AM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

What a ***, I fully understand why you would be annoyed. Although the plate was £250 (which is still a lot of money) you cant put a price on the sentimental value.
I hope you get it resolved in one way or another.
Keep us all updated, I would like to see a post from you soon saying you got it back.

Good luck!
Old 16 February 2010, 11:03 AM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

Good luck pal... It's sad when you cannot have a gentleman's agreement over stuff like this without someone taking advantage.

I bought my Discovery 3 with a private plate (not included, but still reg'd when I took delivery).. plate value was £16-20k... Did look good for the 2 weeks I had it on my motor... until we signed the forms and I got a boring one issued.
Old 16 February 2010, 01:05 PM
trackcar
Scooby Regular

just researching his activity on scooby city forum, will keep you updated.

if all resolves to nothing im gonna link this thread on that site for everyone to see!!!!!
Old 16 February 2010, 07:33 PM
trackcar
Scooby Regular

GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! THE TOSSER IS ONLY ALSO A MEMBER ON HERE TOO

ramboscooby

can we not do anything???

Old 16 February 2010, 08:33 PM
C17RPA
Scooby Regular

GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! THE TOSSER IS ONLY ALSO A MEMBER ON HERE TOO

ramboscooby

can we not do anything???

come on ramboscooby be a gent,give the man back his plate (maybe you just dont know how to go about it??? come on here and we can talk you through it
Old 16 February 2010, 08:45 PM
trackcar
Scooby Regular

he visited the site today, and has probably been warned off about this thread.

but will- ramboscooby, if you visit this thread and happen to read this...... all i want is my plate back, im not into doing things the hard way or the nasty way. i just want it back.

its no relevance to yourself, only cost £250 quid, and wont increase the cars value.

please just return my plate.
Old 16 February 2010, 08:48 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Don't look like he got the minerals.

Rambo my ****
Old 16 February 2010, 08:49 PM
trackcar
Scooby Regular

do i post this thread on scoobycity? fao ramboscooby????
Old 16 February 2010, 08:51 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Why not
Old 16 February 2010, 08:52 PM
C17RPA
Scooby Regular

i would !!!!
Old 16 February 2010, 08:59 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Don't push the person to much to quick, it may make him dig his heels in and you could end up not getting the plate back.
Old 16 February 2010, 09:21 PM
trackcar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 360ste
Don't push the person to much to quick, it may make him dig his heels in and you could end up not getting the plate back.
yes but if he's visited this thread he could have already thought "**** him, he's not getting it back"
Old 17 February 2010, 06:55 PM
trackcar
Scooby Regular

keeping this near the top

Quick Reply: please look out for black classic J44TYL.