Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jap import STi 7 v UK WRX STi

Search this Thread

Old 21 March 2002, 08:58 PM
boyner25
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know of any differences between the jap car and the UK car and if there are any reasons why i should go for a Jap import?
Old 21 March 2002, 09:36 PM
Jools
Scooby Regular

Smile

I have a UK Prodrive Sti and I know a local garage owner that deals in fast Jap cars and he drives a Jap spec Sti.

Won't be too hard for you to see the two cars together, if you wanted. We are not far away.
Old 21 March 2002, 10:13 PM
boyner25
Scooby Regular

Is the garage called Brian Downie in Kemnay by any chance?
Old 21 March 2002, 10:23 PM
Jools
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

You are right on. I picked up my car on the 30th Jan and we have compared cars several times already. Quite a few little differences when you see them together. I'm 5 miles away from him down past the old Jim Stevenson gargae...
Old 21 March 2002, 10:27 PM
boyner25
Scooby Regular

i work in inverurie and have seen your car a couple of times, i wouldn't mind haveing a closer look. I have a MY98 white one with the ppp, it's not to bad but it feels a little crude. i was going to get a decat pipe fitted next week by Brian D but i have heard mixed reviews.
Old 22 March 2002, 10:20 AM
Jools
Scooby Regular

Cool

A few thoughts on down pipes; Firstly the standard cars do respond very well to having the down pipe fitted and there are a few options avalible to you. I have no knowledge of any local cars with PPP and a down pipe fitted. However, there should be plenty of people on Scoobynet with advice and know how.

I had a Falkland down pipe fitted to my modded MY99, but Falkland do not do these anymore. I just sold my old down pipe to the red MY00 with the P1 wheels you will see going around the town.

The grey Sti 5 you will see down the town has my old Magnex centre and rear BB on it. He has just fitted a Scoobysport down pipe and that fitted, and works very well indeed.

The P1 that is left with me 1/2 the year has a complete Falkland system on it, with a 4” tail pipe. Sounds very good, but it is very very load and so attracts a lot of negative attention. Falkland don’t do this system any more.

Another local P1 has just bought a Magnex down pipe from Falkland and it will be fitted this coming week. It is the new double pipe design.

Apart from one with 18" alloys, the other two local P1's don't have any mods.

The WR blue MY00 you see going about locally with the gold 17" wheels has a down pipe fitted, but this one was made a bit further North of here. Unlike the other down pipes mentioned above, it does not look very "gas flowed" to me. It has the round pipe down pipe coming straight onto and welded to the oval shaped flange that bolts onto the back of the turbo housing. The others mentioned open out to cover the entire oval opening from the turbo housing.

Best thing to do is meet up with the local gang and you can see first hand all the above-mentioned cars. We are off to Edinburgh this Sunday to "take on" the TVR owners at Karting, but most Sunday that we are all home; we go "oot and aboot".

Old 22 March 2002, 11:05 AM
boyner25
Scooby Regular

hello, do you know if the double design down pipe is worth the extra money over a single HKS decat pipe as it's over a hundred quid more, also is it a bigger pain to fit? Has anyone got one of these double pipes fitted at the moment who could give me an idea of what it's like?
Just out of curiosity do you know who has the silver TVR tuscan that just drove past my window, it's nae bad.
Old 22 March 2002, 11:51 AM
foz01
Scooby Regular

The double entry pipe is far superior in every way, my mate steve has one for his uno turbo and it gave him at least 63 bhp at the top end- he also had nitrous injection straight into the turbo- Nay bad ; )

as for the tuscoon who cares

the uno is much faster

heh heh heh
Old 22 March 2002, 11:55 AM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Exclamation

There's been some recvent discussion re: downpipes and the like in drivetrain. It's worth a look in there.