Sponsored by:

How NOT to tempt fate

Search this Thread

Old 20 December 2009, 02:29 PM
baz995
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How NOT to tempt fate

Got all ready today to take my boy to see Santa on a train journey to his grotto, everyone was excited. Defrosted the car and off we went.....as i pulled out of my drive and turned down the road to the junction (a whopping 30m away) my Mrs said that my mate who owned it before said that it was really good in the snow due to the AWD, i said, yeah should be fine to be honest just need to watch braking, then i said guess we will find out now and we both chuckled as we were zooming along at 10mph, started braking about 10m from the junction and bolx, yup, the car just slid, slid, slid then slid a bit more, the pedal went hard, i nearly did a Freddy Flintstone and pushed the pedal through the floor. All to no avail, car just drifted at bloody walking pace straight past the junction, out into the road and hit the car that was also crawling along the road..................great. So now i need a new fog cover and front bumper but at least the lights didnt smash. I do need a new left eardrum though as the Mrs went a bit Hollywood and screamed all the way through the 2 minute ordeal.

Other guy was fine, scratched his passenger doors, threaders Merry Xmas eh! and never got to see Santa as the roads were ridiculous so turned around and crawled home.
Old 20 December 2009, 03:47 PM
cam190679
Scooby Regular

That has to be the funniest hard luck story I have heard for years.
Sorry to hear your bad luck hope you get it all back on the road asap
Old 20 December 2009, 08:29 PM
C17RPA
Scooby Regular

just abit of bad luck mate,happens to the best of us
Old 20 December 2009, 08:37 PM
Quasi Modo
Scooby Regular

It's that time of year unfortunately, accidents aplenty. Still waiting for my own Scooby to come back after being hit a few weeks ago. Try not to let it get ya down too much though and just put it down to bad luck. When ya see some of the things that could have happened it's not so bad. You'll get ya car back soon enough.

Last edited by Quasi Modo; 20 December 2009 at 08:39 PM.