Got better, all by itself

Search this Thread

Old 16 March 2001, 01:15 PM
PaulL
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hope I'm not tempting fate...
Back in October, my Scooby developed a power-glitch. Usually ocurring when reapplying the throttle gently after deccelerating hard, the engine would act as if the fuel had run out.
It didn't occur everytime, but I could guarantee it would do at least once (usually more) on my hour long journey to work. My dealer couldn't find a problem and I made sure I bought all my fuel from then on from big petrol stations, rather than the little, country ones on my way to work - but the problem persisted, to the point where I was ready to get rid of the thing and never buy another Subaru!
Well, all by itself, my Scooby's got better. The problem hasn't occurred for over a week!!

Could it have been gunk clogging the filter which has finally disintegrated and passed through the system?

Anyone had anything similar?

Is this a problem which (having gone away by itself) will come back by itself?

Paul L
Old 16 March 2001, 03:55 PM
Otis
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mmmm.....strange things these Scoobies. I am very careful when the car is cold but I still used to suffer the 'hunting' that is occasionally discussed on this BBS. Then all a sudden it stops, not even hint of a hunt . All I have done is started pushing it harder when it is warm. Whether this has sorted it or it was coincidence I don't know. I now have to be extra careful when its cold now 'cos it wants to be off and away.

Otis.
MY00