Sponsored by:

Where do i stand ?

Search this Thread

Old 19 March 2002, 09:54 AM
BaldyMan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Have been in dispute with a neighbour about the way he has been parking his council van. He has a double drive - parks his car on the road - parks his council van accross the road.

Has been pissin about for months now till he decided to park it where i usually park mine. To cut a long story short he has scratched my car in numerous places - cause he has been parkin like a tool.

Have rang the council - because i did not witness him do it - they say that they are not prepared to do anything. However i have taken pictures of the way he was parked and contacted the police.

They say that from the pictures it is obvious that he has done the damage - however do not want to get involved.

What do i do next ???????

Any one got any advice - similar situation.

Cheers, BaldyMan
Old 19 March 2002, 10:36 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a similar problem with a chap across the road froom me, no damage ever occured, but the idiot just made life awkward for me when trying to get into my driveway.

Until his double glazing van was discovered by the vehicle licensing people!

Are his vehicles licensed correctly?
Old 19 March 2002, 10:37 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

You wanna email astraboy...
Old 19 March 2002, 11:18 AM
bits'n'pieces
Scooby Regular

send the boys round....or I know some boys from MArsh Farm who free lance !
Old 20 March 2002, 09:27 AM
BaldyMan
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hey don't joke about that - the way i feel i'll do him myself - at least i'll get some satisfaction
Old 20 March 2002, 09:31 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

ask him for his insurance details as you want to make a claim for the damage he caused. If he refuses report him to the police and the council for refusing to provide these details after a collision. The police can't/wont do much without a third party witness or more proof, but you might make him think about what he is doing
Old 20 March 2002, 10:07 AM
CraigRA
Scooby Regular

Had problems with the parking like you, legaly he can park where he likes provided the vehicle is taxed etc, but if it's in an area of shared access that has a public right of way e.g. a shared drive that isnt private you will have to take a private injunction out agaist the person, the more pissed off people who complain the better.

The damage is hard to prove without a witness, but you could always ask a friend who saw him hit your vehicle, as he pulled away while your visitor was parking......... if you get what I mean.
If you have protected no claims you could always consult your insurance company.

Or consult a lawyer check the damage on your vehicle matches marks on his vehicle and get them to take it up on behalf of you with his employers and the police, a friend of mine just had a result taking this route.

My wife had a friend with a similar problem so she parked her car where it could be seen clearly from a window and left her video camera running until she had several damming video clips and took it up with her insurance.
Old 20 March 2002, 10:44 AM
Elvis Presley
Scooby Regular

I assume you've spoken to the guy about this.

If he doesn't want to know then the only thing you can do is to speak to a solicitor I guess.
Old 20 March 2002, 11:24 AM
MrDBM
Scooby Regular

might be a sad suggestion but here goes...

you'll probably get nowhere with anything aside from actual proof, how about waiting for him to make the same mistake again (painfull i know) but be ready with a video camera?

this way you call tell him, the police, the council - anybody who will listen really. (local press evn?) If you haven't got a video camera then get one of those micro security camera's from B&Q, these hook up to your VCR so you can record all day and all night. Hassle I know, but there is little if anything that beats video evidence these days.