JPerformance

Search this Thread

Old 05 December 2009, 11:19 AM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JPerformance

Right people

basicly as you hear soo many horror stories on here i just wanted to pass on a good one and say a big thank you to the guys at JPerformance, for those who are not in the know they are a family run father and son set up and in my honest opinion they are two of the nicest guys i have met in a long time.

i have had 2 dealings with them the first was when i was going to buy one of thier hawkeye sti's, had no fuss, dealt with all my silly questions popped a depoist down but at the last minute i had to pull out and with no issues or problems from Jan my deposit was returned and in my bank the same day.

now as some of you would of seen i was selling my type 25 and 4 weeks later i got in contact with Jan again and asked if he was interested in it, long story short he was, gave me a fair price, said he would be here on thursday morning at 9, turned up done the deal and away he and his son sam went.

just a big credit to them, very decent and honest guys and anyone thinking of buying a car from them i have to say you can't go wrong. so big thumbs up to the guys from jperformance and best of luck in the future.

kind regards

steve
Old 05 December 2009, 12:39 PM
71/200
Scooby Regular

Are they linked to this email addy?

sales@jperformance.co.uk
Old 05 December 2009, 07:12 PM
Wulsey
Scooby Regular

Couldnt agree more mate.

Jan & Sam are great guys & i bought my current Hawkeye STI PPP from them about 6 weeks ago now & i have to say im very happy with car & the condition of the car.

The guys even drove it up to scotland for me (10 hour round trip)
Old 05 December 2009, 07:24 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

Bought my STi from them about year ago,good bunch of guys and would buy from them again.
Old 05 December 2009, 07:45 PM
utaka
Scooby Regular

they are sound guys i can vouch for that my spec c came from them cracking car until i killed it. but jperformance are a good place to straight import from
Old 05 December 2009, 08:00 PM
ssssss
Scooby Regular

i love cars and have noticed that j performance buy alot of cars from people advertising on piston heads not a problem with that,but then they stick black wheels on every car they sell and make a 2or 3k proffit i would be nice to you aswell
Old 05 December 2009, 08:46 PM
rooferman
Scooby Regular

Yeah ...... If only it was that easy...heh

Trending Topics

Old 05 December 2009, 09:25 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

2-3k well i have to say that is not always the case mate as the have as you say put black wheels on my t25 and the black headlight mod and put it up for sale at 13k which is not 3k more.

i think they make thier cars stand out a little more with the black rims and headlights compared to the rest that are for sale and it must work as they seem to shift a lot of imprezas and in a very quick turn around too. i can not fault them in any way and if anyone is looking at thier stock and thinking about buying one i have to say i dont think you will go wrong.

plus i did not realise that soo many owners on here had bought one from them, so again a big thumbs up to JPerformance
Old 05 December 2009, 11:00 PM
71/200
Scooby Regular

When you first posted up i thought Oh NO not these muppets again. There is an online seller using the same name JPerformance hence i asked about the email.

Avoid the online seller like the Plague, i had him banned from trading on SIDC.
Old 05 December 2009, 11:08 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Well I offered you 12k for it and you said it wasn't enough so if they have done work to it and have to give a warranty how are they making any money
Old 05 December 2009, 11:15 PM
Anger
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by rbaz
Well I offered you 12k for it and you said it wasn't enough so if they have done work to it and have to give a warranty how are they making any money
Was wondering how much they got it for......

And see its sold already according to pistonheads

Last edited by Anger; 05 December 2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 05 December 2009, 11:20 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Anger
Was wondering how much they got it for......

And see its sold already according to pistonheads
I really don't get it why when a genuine member on her offer's you more than you probably got for it from a trader (amusing JP aren't making a loss ) why didn't you sell it to me
Old 06 December 2009, 01:12 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Wow I try to put up a good tread to let people know that there are some decent traders out there and not to be worried of every seller / dealer. No offence and rbaz you may well be a decent honest member but I had had dealings with Jperformance before and I would class them as decent and honest, when u offered me that money I was looking for more and was not in as much rush to sell but things changed at work and I needed to get rid asap, I forgot All about your cash offer as last time we spoke it was about you selling it on my behalf for a fee so I I did not contact you, so I am sorry if I have offended you. I did what I did as it suited my situation.

Back on topic though I did not think it would hang around for long and again top company the new owner will not be disapointed as they are fantastic cars
Old 06 December 2009, 01:29 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevie1982
Wow I try to put up a good tread to let people know that there are some decent traders out there and not to be worried of every seller / dealer. No offence and rbaz you may well be a decent honest member but I had had dealings with Jperformance before and I would class them as decent and honest, when u offered me that money I was looking for more and was not in as much rush to sell but things changed at work and I needed to get rid asap, I forgot All about your cash offer as last time we spoke it was about you selling it on my behalf for a fee so I I did not contact you, so I am sorry if I have offended you. I did what I did as it suited my situation.
What I wanted the car for myself I have just sold my STI and want a replacement. I wasn't passing it on to anybody.
As for been honest I have been on here long enough for you to check my history. I went to Glasgow (from France) to collect my last one from a fellow member so it would have been very easy to check I was honest.
I would imagine you didn't get 12k for it so you have shot your self in the wallet

Anyway back to looking for a car
Old 06 December 2009, 02:27 PM
Rich RRH
Scooby Regular

Thats ok mate, you dont have to thank me on an open forum for the help I gave you and I would have come and got the car that day if we had done a deal but well done to the lads at jp, Got to say mate I was gutted about seeing this car for sale at jp after the email I sent you!
Old 06 December 2009, 04:01 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

Well, spanner in the works here, offered him my car thats for sale, he phoned me late at night, got me down to the price he wanted, asked loads of questions etc .agreed a price.

Asked if he could pick it up straight away and flight details to Scotland.

Anyway never heard from them again even after e mails etc asking when he wanted it, so glad you got a good service mate, i never.

My car is now getting traded in, any offer over 12200 can have it!!!!!!!!!.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1346392.htm

Mac

Last edited by bluenosewrx; 06 December 2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06 December 2009, 04:38 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bluenosewrx
Well, spanner in the works here, offered him my car thats for sale, he phoned me late at night, got me down to the price he wanted, asked loads of questions etc .agreed a price.

Anyway never heard from them again even after e mails etc asking when he wanted it, so glad you got a good service mate, i never.

Subaru : Black MY06STi- £12,995 Reduced Bargain with extras

Mac
By him do you mean JPerformance?
Old 06 December 2009, 04:55 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

Yes, the younger one,

Mac
Old 06 December 2009, 08:01 PM
Rich RRH
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevie1982

Back on topic though I did not think it would hang around for long and again top company the new owner will not be disapointed as they are fantastic cars
That was me that said I would sell it on your behalf, and I did say I would make you an offer but did not want to offend you! So I was trying to do you a favour and get you more money back! Thats what comes from being nice!
Old 07 December 2009, 07:54 AM
MelTypeR
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Another for JPerformance here, bought my Spec C from them last year.
Both Jan and Sam were great guys to deal with.

Mel
Old 07 December 2009, 09:18 AM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rich RRH
That was me that said I would sell it on your behalf, and I did say I would make you an offer but did not want to offend you! So I was trying to do you a favour and get you more money back! Thats what comes from being nice!
i know you did mate and thats why i was thanking you for all your help as i did and still do appreciate it as you did not have to do anything.

so again thanks
Old 07 December 2009, 09:23 AM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rbaz
What I wanted the car for myself I have just sold my STI and want a replacement. I wasn't passing it on to anybody.
As for been honest I have been on here long enough for you to check my history. I went to Glasgow (from France) to collect my last one from a fellow member so it would have been very easy to check I was honest.
I would imagine you didn't get 12k for it so you have shot your self in the wallet

Anyway back to looking for a car
sorry i got you confused with rich, at the time we spoke i have the car up at 14k i think, and could not drop to 12k. a few weeks later and things had changed i needed a quick sale so i let it go and with you living in france etc i did not want to wait so i contacted them they came the next day with the cash and yes it was very close to your offer and it was a done deal. as i have said i am sorry to any one if i have offended them as that is not what i meant to do but i did what i thought was best for me and yes i have lost money but hey i have also made money on others so such is life. trust me i am giutted that i had to sell in the first place not to mention at a lot less then what i paid for it from the guy on here i bought it from. bets of luck with finding a car though.

kind regards

steve
Old 07 December 2009, 09:25 AM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bluenosewrx

Subaru : Black MY06STi- £12,995 Reduced Bargain with extras

Mac
sorry to hear that mac, but i guess i was a lucky one that they did what they said they would and were at my house the next day with the money and were very polite, seemed decent guys and took the car away,

best of luck with the sale as your does look a very nice motor and i am shocked it is still for sale.

steve
Old 26 January 2010, 12:37 PM
Kungfujim444
Scooby Regular

Just to say I bought MY06 Hawkeye from them and they are both Jan and Sam Genuine guys trying to make an honest living. Sam really knows his stuff....They even offered to sort my wheels out after I kurbed them in the snow! Not their fault but still tried to help. If I had one Criticism it would be that they dont anwser the emails as quick as they should.
Old 06 June 2010, 08:11 PM
Gorbash12346
Scooby Newbie

i know i'm a new member but as others on here i bought my 07 PPP hawkeye sti from them and i'm very happy with it. again black headlights and wheels but it like it that way and the condition is spot on couple of wear marks around the drivers left footrest but thats about it

couldn't recommend them more and they where very nice people to deal with

so a big thumbs up from me

a few pics from it's first shoot with my dads Z4M coupe

Last edited by Gorbash12346; 06 June 2010 at 08:14 PM.