ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Honesty the Best Policy!

Search this Thread

Old 19 November 2009, 12:03 PM
verdasco1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honesty the Best Policy!

Ok lets be honest, simple question who out there bought a sti only to find out that it wasnīt exactly what they expected! Iīll get the ball rolling... I bought a blobeye with tein ssīs and vortex thinking it would be something to ferry the family around when i had to, and something for the weekend for me. The car (which I love) sits on the drive most of the time as everyone else refuses to get in it
Old 19 November 2009, 12:51 PM
bigbarry04
Scooby Regular

in a way i can understand what your saying. my missus HATES getting in the car with me, i drive "to fast" :P lol but at the end of the day it is YOUR car, so make the most of it!
Old 19 November 2009, 01:01 PM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a 2002 sti expecting it to be fun and exciting. Previously had a 4x4 saff cossie.

Turns out it was dog slow and boring. As is every stock impreza ive experienced. Ive spent 4 years building the car i wish i was in the first place.
Old 19 November 2009, 01:07 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Frayz, you know you should have bought a twin scroll jdm to start with definately not slow or boring

Tony
Old 19 November 2009, 01:23 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Well, my standard MY00 Impreza has satisfied my every desire - I knew what I was buying when I bought it.

If I wanted something faster I would have bought that, not buy something I don't want and then spend huge amounts of cash making it into the car I should have bought in the first place ... and, worse, destroying any resale value.
Old 19 November 2009, 02:57 PM
L3YMS
Scooby Regular

As for performance I guess it all depends what your baseline is. There is no denying that a stock scoob turbo is faster than a large percentage of other road traffic, just try to think the last time someone overtook you! As for the car getting 'used', during the summer I rode the motorbike at every oportunity to save on fuel as the scoob tends to drink it, which for the average joe (i.e. me) on a modest income is a bit of a pain. I specifically bought a wagon which works better as a family car/wife pleaser but still deliveres 95% of the fun of a saloon if not more. There is no way I would say I am disapointed with it though. For the meagre Ģ1600 I paid for it it delivers amazing practicality, looks & performance. I am yet to find a better 'all rounder' for the money. I currently have my eye on a tvr cerbera but I am sure that I will be disapointed in some way when comparing it to the old hack scoob.
Old 19 November 2009, 03:56 PM
STI_Baly
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Type R project car must be the best car i have ever bought and is a good car for the value. Not many cars out there for that price tag that could give you so much! it's not my daily driver as i work in central london and it's much easier to catch the train for the commute to work.

Verdasco - Tein SS's are going to be a painful ride for all, but good for street race or track. Sell em and swap for something softer.

Last edited by STI_Baly; 19 November 2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old 19 November 2009, 07:38 PM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Frayz, you know you should have bought a twin scroll jdm to start with definately not slow or boring

Tony
Trust me, theyre all slow and boring. Even the JDM spec Cs dont impress me.
More excited driving the latest RS focus.
Old 19 November 2009, 08:35 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by frayz
considering your avatar and views then maybe you should stop modding yours and go and get another blue oval!! no offence intended but surely you are just used to all your mods/improvements and you are at the point of thinking the grass is greener on the RS side (no pun intended). i am happy with mine and yes from time to time i get the "more power" craving, i just decide to ignore it as it becomes an obsession which sadly always ends the same way- selling/trading in/exchanging or worse still destroying by overkill. be happy with what you have and do what i do, try driving the missus punto for about 3 or 4 days before going back to yours it works, and costs nothing
Old 19 November 2009, 08:43 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by frayz
Old 19 November 2009, 09:20 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by verdasco1
Ok lets be honest, simple question who out there bought a sti only to find out that it wasnīt exactly what they expected! Iīll get the ball rolling... I bought a blobeye with tein ssīs and vortex thinking it would be something to ferry the family around when i had to, and something for the weekend for me. The car (which I love) sits on the drive most of the time as everyone else refuses to get in it
The teins arent soft and Vortex arent low on the db scale,
These are mods not the standard items, take a standard blobeye for a spin see if it feels the same the sti standard setup is fab for day to day driving not harsh but still handles really well, the zorst again can be sorted, if u do a youtube search for different exhaust systems there are some really nice systems that still have the burble but arent too much for the gentle run to the shops,
I feel your experience has been ruined by the mods made to your car as I find the newages a lot better to use/live with day to day im comparison to the classics.
Old 19 November 2009, 10:19 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

My wife hates my Subaru Buyege and would rather drive our VW Passat SE130 LOL
Old 19 November 2009, 11:42 PM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by my06 ppp silver
considering your avatar and views then maybe you should stop modding yours and go and get another blue oval!! no offence intended but surely you are just used to all your mods/improvements and you are at the point of thinking the grass is greener on the RS side (no pun intended). i am happy with mine and yes from time to time i get the "more power" craving, i just decide to ignore it as it becomes an obsession which sadly always ends the same way- selling/trading in/exchanging or worse still destroying by overkill. be happy with what you have and do what i do, try driving the missus punto for about 3 or 4 days before going back to yours it works, and costs nothing
I would do if i wasnt so nuts deep in the poxy thing. I have to finish it to sell it. either way its useless to me right now.
So yes i will go back the the blue oval when i can.

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
Im sorry if i dare upset the masses that thing the impreza is gods gift to the motoring world. Im sorry if i dont find them exciting in any standard form. They just dont do anything for me. They need alot of money and work to make them exciting in my opinion.

To some, the impreza is the fastest/most exciting thing they have ever been in or owned. Hence why they feel it is unbeatable etc etc.

Sure its a pretty capable car... but exciting?... Hardly in my opinion.
Old 20 November 2009, 03:00 AM
Ste98Turbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by verdasco1
Its the otherway around for us fella, my RA is a daily driver and the little lad and mrs love it