Now what do I do?

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2001, 08:35 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi all

I want to put a picture on here, I've put it in an album on photopoint, as I've seen other pics on here from there. The thing is now it's there I don't know how to get it here! I've read the bit in FAQ ( thanks Boomer) but it means absolutely nothing to me as I'm not good with PC's. Any help would be greatly appreciated. BTW the photo is of the " best use of fire" award winning saphire cossie, I think he's called Ian? If I can get this one sorted I might be able to get some more pics from donno on.

Cheers Bob

PS I forgot to mention the cossie is letting out a three foot flame, no seriously it is, thats why I want to show you guys!!
Old 22 February 2001, 09:45 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Talking

Bob

If your refering to my guide drop us an email either with a phone number or requesting mine and i'll help you through or sent what piccy you want put up and i'll put it up for you as a post or email you the address of piccy

Si
Old 22 February 2001, 10:38 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Lightbulb

Bob,

include the following text around the URL (web address shown at the top of the screen) to display the piccies (which need to be in a known format such as JPEG).

{img}http://www.myphotopoint.com/picture.jpeg{/img}

where "{" and "}" should actually be the SQUARE version of the brackets (parentheses). Simple as that!

... or you could simply post the web-site address of the index page, such as
Old 22 February 2001, 11:07 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Cheers guys

I still don't understand the computer trickery so I'll send you both the pic and you can look at it/post it !

Do I open a new topic write a bit of guff about the pic then write [img]http://www.photopoint.com/album shedload of numbers[img] ?

Bob
Old 22 February 2001, 11:14 PM
rsquire
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

in photopoint, double click the image that you wish to post here. Then highlight aal the text beneath the image and press ctrl C to copy it to the clipboard.

Then using the instructions above paste it into your message

Saves a lot of tired little fingers typing away

Richard
Old 22 February 2001, 11:19 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Talking

Bob that exactly what you do make sure the picture is the only thing you can see on the photopoint site i.e none of there stuff just your pic the addy should now include the words res=high (IIRC) thats the one you need to put in your topic/reply for more see my
Old 22 February 2001, 11:38 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Talking

Click on View.Source on Internet Explorer (or similar on Netscape) to see the code behind the picture!

mb
Old 23 February 2001, 12:07 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

It all becomes clear, NOT!!!

I'm glad you got the piccie up, cracking isn't it?

I tried a new topic thing but it didn't work, I'm not sure why. I tried ctrl ( not sure of the c bit) but then I don't anything about clipboards either! I ended up just copying out the long line of numbers etc, I'm fairly sure I got it right but it still doesn't work, Doh!

Thanks a lot

Bob