Sponsored by:

Got my WRX-S and wow

Search this Thread

Old 31 October 2009, 09:22 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Got my WRX-S and wow

Ok i picked it up yesterday from Scotland S&S services in Ayr great guys helped loads, unlike the leeds bunch.

Anyway, as with all my cars i never test drive i just read and make my choice, better buzz that way.

I did look at the 330 and STI but couldnt justify the extra 5k or 10k for them, Plus i did like the WRX-S but as i see on here its everyone to there own choice and i made mine. anyway i orederd it in jet Black with Black wheels, and i have to say it does look nice.

So i,ll go into the buzz in a mo

My Cars

Started with a new 03 type-R this was bullet proof great car to drive keep it in the zone as i called it ie Vtec and off u went, but not very torquey.

Then i got A4 Sline diesal mapped it but boring, kept it and then sold it to my dad ( both company cars by the way )

I left there and took company allowance and bought an Astra VXR, now we were getting faster, BUT if u ever had an astra u could flogg it, but the lag was very noticiceable on the turbo, i kept that for 5 months and traded it in for a Insignia diesal with all the kit and 20 inchers, But guess what Boring again LOL nice 700 to tank but naaaa

So scooby it was, always wanted 1 but never did it. and wow

even though my wrx-s is 255 not much more than the VXR the power is amence and the delivery is mad, no lag just raw POWER, i cant imagine what them 330s are like, but soon i,ll get it rebuilt with something maybe, if i dare loose warrenty.

So hats off to you all, Great car, tacky inside i must say but awsome to drive loosk great and mad power.

twice now ive been waved at by groups of kids going wow, but i now know why.

Forza Motrosport the 1 in there is nearly the same hehe, Forza 3 but STI Had 4 asian guys ask me to rev it as i went past the shop they were in.

anyway thansk for reading i,ll try get some picics in, But how do i post em ? anybody advize please
Old 31 October 2009, 09:27 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

one thing i will say WTF did they use 5 speed box, im always trying for 6th, And that hill start thingy takes some getting used to
Old 31 October 2009, 10:40 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad your enjoying, Say good bye to your savings account!!!!!!
Old 01 November 2009, 10:23 AM
codie247
Scooby Regular

get some pics up in the members gallery thread mate.
Good choice btw.

Lee
Old 01 November 2009, 10:41 AM
paulbu
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Timwinner
Glad your enjoying, Say good bye to your savings account!!!!!!
Love these comments.

Keep enjoying, Littleted, the WRX-S must be the best value new car currently on the market and the great part about it is, only the shrewd realise this fact which means that you're never going to see many of them about.
Old 01 November 2009, 05:14 PM
STI Mav
Scooby Regular

I know exactly how your feeling right about now. Previously I've had the following,

* Astra GSI Turbo - Remapped 240bhp
* JDM WRX STI Impreza - Buggered though and went back after 6 weeks
* Mondeo ST TDCI with mods - 185bhp masses of Torque

Moving from the Mondeo ST TDCI to my current Impreza (Hawkeye STI with PPP) must be what it feels like to go to warp speed , the power is just immense, and I just end up driving along with this MONSTER smile across my face.

I think it's gonna take a while to wear off as well
Old 01 November 2009, 07:01 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

hehe yeah also made me feel warm today, was doing Ironing for wife and wathed new Fast n Furious loved the scooby at the end, wouldnt mind some Veilside seats.

Had a few more waves today from the Forza 3 Boys LOL. I,ll take some picis soon as its stops weeing it down. But only after a polish, its dirty now cos the winds blown on it ( black is best but nasty to clean hehe )
Old 01 November 2009, 08:24 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Glad you enoying it

got a WRX d 4 months ago ,was going to get the 330 but couldnt part with my beloved classic wagon so swapped the everyday runabout for the WRXd

Awesom bit of kit and for those non belivers who say ,,dont like the new shape blah blah .'' they dont know what they are missing !!

te looks are great and easy to live with too ,just need suspension sorted !!

Get yourself along to the members gallery where the new modern tinking subaru owners hang out ""
Old 01 November 2009, 09:34 PM
Bungleaio
Scooby Regular

You are very brave buying without test driving, to me this is one of the best parts about getting a new car.
Old 02 November 2009, 08:20 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Yeah true testdriving is cool. id done my homework.

I also know if id driven the 330s id now be 10k lighter.

2 questions if anybody can answer them

1. New car i know but anybody know anyone that actually MODS these new shapes yet ? How would one do it, Can prodrive add even more stuff ? or do i now have to go aftermarket ?
2. The 330s has a nice headunit with MPG revs etc, anybody know if this can be bought and fitted to a lower model and get same results ?

3. How do i upload pictures ? where do i host em.

ooo and what Polish you all using ive got some maguires and errm autoglym but wondered if anything new n funky has come out that doesnt take ages to do
Old 02 November 2009, 11:16 AM
Abx
Scooby Regular

Welcome and good choice on the hatch, as above get some pics up in Members Gallery.

1, Speak with Ian at Litchfileds ref engine and suspension mods

2, The head unit you are talking about will be a fortune from Subaru, prob better off with a Kenwood or similar and plug an Ipod/Iphone in with relevant software, will still be 1k I would imagine though if you need an Ipod aswell. 08/09 thread in the members gallery about 3/4 way though has a few Pics of RB5 and his Kenwood/Ipod setup.
3, Load pics into a photobucket account and copy and paste the image link to the thread.

Cheers
A
Old 02 November 2009, 08:29 PM
GE90
Scooby Regular

Hi Littleted

Agree with Arronb's reply. I fitted a Kenwood double DIN to my 09 STi, and it is simply a great unit for the money. Garmin sat nav, usb connector, hands free bluetooth etc. I fitted myself, and it only took about 1 hr. Used a JDM facia panel and finally sourced a steering wheel adapter taht worked. These units were quite reasonable, but with the current exchange rates they are becoming quite pricey....

Regarding polish and wax, everyone will have their own favourites, mine is Swissvax. Used it for years, tried others but not found any that equal on finish and durability.

Cheers!
Old 02 November 2009, 09:51 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Yeah had a reply from garage 2200 fitted for that subaru headunit. Like the MPG etc but i agree Kenwood looks good.

I like the JVC ones also always have been good sounding.

Do the speakers sound beter with the kenwood, not that there bad now but just wondered
Old 03 November 2009, 08:28 AM
GE90
Scooby Regular

The Kenwood improved the system a litle, but I soon upgraded the front components.