Sponsored by:

Vehicle tracker

Search this Thread

Old 10 September 2009, 01:25 PM
Mikkel
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vehicle tracker

I'm in need of a new tracking system. Which is the best one to go for?

I'm shopping around and the prices seem to vary quite a bit and I'm not really sure what I am looking at to be honest. As long as it is good with the insurance companies and the police can track the car if the unthinkable happens.
Old 10 September 2009, 03:43 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mikkel
I'm in need of a new tracking system. Which is the best one to go for?

I'm shopping around and the prices seem to vary quite a bit and I'm not really sure what I am looking at to be honest. As long as it is good with the insurance companies and the police can track the car if the unthinkable happens.
Smartrak is the one i use top quality or the latest is Toad Trak this gives you the option of realtime tracking of your own car and contacts you if battery is disconected or vehicle moving with no ignition and also low battery costs a bit more but on standard package sends 2 e-mails a day so you know it is working

Toad Trak £399 subs £135 YR or £385 Life on car in your name
Smartrak £325 subs as above ( no tracking available )
I deal with both Trackers and had nothing but good feedback

Ian
Old 10 September 2009, 04:12 PM
Mikkel
Scooby Regular

Cheers mate. That TOAD Trak one sounds very good. Will see if anyone installs it around my way.

Thanks again.
Old 10 September 2009, 04:36 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Cheers mate. That TOAD Trak one sounds very good. Will see if anyone installs it around my way.

Thanks again.
No Probs mate

What is your postcode

Regards Ian
Old 10 September 2009, 05:17 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Do you really want your car back after it's been stolen?
Old 10 September 2009, 07:24 PM
greatgonzo
Scooby Regular

I have a smart nav in my spec d and had nothing but trouble with it
I pay about £17.00 a month for the tracking and speed alerts, when my insurance comes around im going to see how much its going to go up with out it. does anyone know what sort of saving you get from a tracker with insurance company's
Old 10 September 2009, 07:38 PM
Mikkel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by greatgonzo
I have a smart nav in my spec d and had nothing but trouble with it
I pay about £17.00 a month for the tracking and speed alerts, when my insurance comes around im going to see how much its going to go up with out it. does anyone know what sort of saving you get from a tracker with insurance company's
I too have a Spec D and have now had two touch screens and the smartnav unit itself has finally died on me. Will cost hundreds to replace what I have found a dreadful system. I am getting the tracker sorted first and will then turn my attention to the ICE and full removal of the smartnav button and screen from my car.

Worrying thing is when getting my car checked today the engineer (independent as smart nav wanted to charge me a £125 call out charge lol) said the smartnav tracker is the worst he has seen in terms of concealment and security. I couldn't believe were it is located and how easy it is to disconnect.

With regards to the "would I want my car back" statement. Yes I would if it had been stolen to order and not stolen to rag about as the latter is unlikely unless they got the keys somehow. I make the latter as difficult as possible. Plus you usually need a tracker for insurance purposes anyway.

Ian I have PM'd you my post code.

Last edited by Mikkel; 10 September 2009 at 07:41 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 10 September 2009, 09:12 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

I too have a Spec D and have now had two touch screens and the smartnav unit itself has finally died on me. Will cost hundreds to replace what I have found a dreadful system. I am getting the tracker sorted first and will then turn my attention to the ICE and full removal of the smartnav button and screen from my car.

Worrying thing is when getting my car checked today the engineer (independent as smart nav wanted to charge me a £125 call out charge lol) said the smartnav tracker is the worst he has seen in terms of concealment and security. I couldn't believe were it is located and how easy it is to disconnect.

With regards to the "would I want my car back" statement. Yes I would if it had been stolen to order and not stolen to rag about as the latter is unlikely unless they got the keys somehow. I make the latter as difficult as possible. Plus you usually need a tracker for insurance purposes anyway.

Ian I have PM'd you my post code.
Replied Mate

Ian
Old 10 September 2009, 09:17 PM
Richie856
Scooby Regular

I was lucky that the previous owner of my car had installed Tracker Monitor so I'm only paying the yearly subscription. More for my peace of mind as the insurance company said it didn't really make a difference to the premium.

Would be nice if they carried out a yearly function test etc as I've only their word that it does all work!!!
Old 10 September 2009, 09:32 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Richie856
I was lucky that the previous owner of my car had installed Tracker Monitor so I'm only paying the yearly subscription. More for my peace of mind as the insurance company said it didn't really make a difference to the premium.

Would be nice if they carried out a yearly function test etc as I've only their word that it does all work!!!
Thats it is it WORKING !!!!
Toad and smartrak will contact you if battery is removed or car moves with no ignition or battery low
So you can test it
Toad Trak however gives you 2 e-mails a day on standard package as to location at that time
On the tracking option it is about 1-2 Min positioning via web and you can set a geo fence if car goes out of that area it will contact you
Now that is Top doo daa

Ian