Sponsored by:

HEATER CONTROLS

Search this Thread

Old 30 August 2009, 01:18 PM
scoobwrx94import
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HEATER CONTROLS

changed the relay thing for my heater controls as just makin a clickin noise wen i turn them on and still doin the same is there anither fuse or relay for them

anyone no???
Old 30 August 2009, 04:40 PM
scoobwrx94import
Scooby Regular

anyone any ideas????
Old 30 August 2009, 09:53 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Bit of a weird one mate. Relays can cause very short voltage spikes in the input circuit, but that's normally when they're switched off, not on. Where's the click coming from, behind the heater switch or down in the fuse box? How loud is it exactly?
Old 31 August 2009, 12:22 PM
scoobwrx94import
Scooby Regular

my dash is out totally so its easy for access the now on the heater controls theres 3 dial bits to turn the first 2 work ok as part of the flap at the back of the heater box moves for like wen ure putting it to ure feet or to the windscreen but wen u actually try the 3rd dial ie to turn it on theres a clicking noise coming from above the fuse box on the right and ive found the relay thing that clicks every time i turn it of and on and its like a silver round tube shape ive changed this and its still doing the same have to get it sorted afore i put my dash back in

thanks for reply
Old 31 August 2009, 12:28 PM
scoobwrx94import
Scooby Regular

the heaters did work before could it be the controls as it sounds like theres a bit rattling inside dain my nut in as cant get it put back together till its sorted
Old 01 September 2009, 12:33 AM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

scoob
Did you only notice the clicking after you took the dash out, or was that why you took it out? It could be you're just noticing the noise more now, with everything opened up.
Also, have you still got the blower connected up, so the fan comes on when you turn the switch? If you haven't, I suspect the clicking in the relay is coming from the fact there's no load on the coil, and if you reconnect the blower it should stop.
Old 01 September 2009, 07:34 PM
scoobwrx94import
Scooby Regular

i took dash out because i decided to have a go at fitting different things into it inspired by a thread on here about it lol any way theres 3 plugs thats on my heater controls and there all still connected theres no noise that comes from the heaters wen i turn them on aprt from this clicking from that relay thing

i tried new heater controls from my mates scoob he was breaking and its still the same clicking wen turning on and my local automotive place cant get me this relay type thing so gona take the one out my mates scoob but if this doesnt stop it or get it to work then im stumped and very stressed out seeing my car in a state

help appreciated
Old 01 September 2009, 07:55 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

heater controls and there all still connected theres no noise that comes from the heaters wen i turn them on aprt from this clicking from that relay thing
So basically your heater fan never comes on, even when you turn the switch? Check fuses 15, 20 and 21 under the dash, and if they're all OK and it still doesn't come on, check if there's voltage at the heater fan (under the glove-box) with the switch turned on. You'll need a multi-meter, obviously.

edit:
normal voltage at fan means dead fan, no voltage means dead wire somewhere

Last edited by markjmd; 01 September 2009 at 07:59 PM.
Old 01 September 2009, 08:43 PM
scoobwrx94import
Scooby Regular

yes thats rite it doesnt come on even though there is power gettin to them as the dial to move the air to ure feet or anywhere else still moves but yet no air comin out wen turned on just clicks all fuses in are ok fan under the glove box ?? i must be blind either that or ive whipped it out we dash by mistake doh!!
Old 01 September 2009, 09:22 PM
scoobwrx94import
Scooby Regular

just bin to my lockup em i think ive launched it i mean the blower for the heater controls dont no how i managed that as theres nothin connected at the back i can see the heater matrix and thats it i cant even remember seeing it but it must of been there as my heaters did work i think this is for the HAVE YOU EVER DONE SOMETHING STUPID THREAD lol
Old 01 September 2009, 10:40 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Blower's nowhere near the matrix, it's stuck to a great big piece of airbox, all the way over on the far edge of the passenger side under the glove-box. That's where they are on nearly all cars, so the fan motor doesn't cause interference in the radio. It'll have a two-wire connector sticking out of the top.
Old 02 September 2009, 11:17 AM
PeeVee
Scooby Regular

The relay you are refering to sounds like the main Ign relay. (there are no relays for the blower motor in this location) Are you sure you don't have a flat battery as this would cause the relay to click in and out when a load (like switching on the blower motor) is applied to the electrics.
Old 02 September 2009, 02:38 PM
scoobwrx94import
Scooby Regular

thanks for replys guys my mate is gettin me all the blower parts and anyhting else i need the day of his wrx there is 2 spare connecters both have 2 wires to them that is joined to nothing on the passenger side
and my battery is not flat its almost fully charged and it starts no bother also i have just noticed today that my indicators are not working either everything else on the stalk does but no indicators wats goin on ???

help much appreciated