ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

ikeya formula sequential shifter

Search this Thread

Old 23 August 2009, 04:36 PM
utaka
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ikeya formula sequential shifter

im looking into an ikeya shifter for my time attack car or should i just stick with standard h pattern? does any body own or have one fitted to their car if so what gearbox/clutch are you using, have problems been encoutered, have they damaged anyones car, what are they like changing up and down at speed, do they miss shift or stop you getting into gear and are they worth the money, is gearchanging made easier and faster?
some people say they are great others say they hav ruined theyre gearbox vids, pics and solid FACTS only please the radical i drove months back i was un aware that that gearbox on it was a full sequential box i thought i could just fit paddles to a dog box which when i looked into was not the case and the correct kit to run it is horrifically expensive. ikeya says and so do nengun that you just need a strong standard h pattern box and a good clutchwill be run if i decide to get one with a six speed box with a tripple plate. any help would be great
Old 23 August 2009, 05:30 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

With the Exception of RCM everyone else is using H pattern selectors to very good effect in TA. Personally I don't think you'll go far wrong with a late model 6 speed and a twin/triple plate clutch.

What class are you hoping to run in?
Old 23 August 2009, 08:01 PM
utaka
Scooby Regular

you have to run in club class and you then get promoted to club pro if you continue to fall within the five percent rule.
club class will give me a good learning base for my first year ill definately have the car to compete i will just stick with standard shifter until a few more are running it. car planet run it on their evo's too

Originally Posted by dazdavies
With the Exception of RCM everyone else is using H pattern selectors to very good effect in TA. Personally I don't think you'll go far wrong with a late model 6 speed and a twin/triple plate clutch.

What class are you hoping to run in?
Old 23 August 2009, 08:11 PM
andyscoobym3
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by utaka
im looking into an ikeya shifter for my time attack car or should i just stick with standard h pattern? does any body own or have one fitted to their car if so what gearbox/clutch are you using, have problems been encoutered, have they damaged anyones car, what are they like changing up and down at speed, do they miss shift or stop you getting into gear and are they worth the money, is gearchanging made easier and faster?
some people say they are great others say they hav ruined theyre gearbox vids, pics and solid FACTS only please the radical i drove months back i was un aware that that gearbox on it was a full sequential box i thought i could just fit paddles to a dog box which when i looked into was not the case and the correct kit to run it is horrifically expensive. ikeya says and so do nengun that you just need a strong standard h pattern box and a good clutchwill be run if i decide to get one with a six speed box with a tripple plate. any help would be great

my mate runs this shifter in his evo, in my opinion its a waste of money, i borrowed his car for a while and i nearly went from 2nd to 1st about 5 times, it was only the lcd gear indicator that stopped me doing this, but i suppose its just as easy to go from 4th to 1st in a h pattern dog box

stick with the H

andy h
Old 23 August 2009, 09:46 PM
utaka
Scooby Regular

cheers mate, the more i look at it the more i think its just another thing to **** up and break or it will break something else ill stick with my six speed for now
Originally Posted by andyscoobym3
my mate runs this shifter in his evo, in my opinion its a waste of money, i borrowed his car for a while and i nearly went from 2nd to 1st about 5 times, it was only the lcd gear indicator that stopped me doing this, but i suppose its just as easy to go from 4th to 1st in a h pattern dog box

stick with the H

andy h
Old 24 August 2009, 08:12 AM
fmp
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i am looking to get an Ikeya shifter.

looks like a solid bit of kit, and seen it working well in many vids etc.

And as you say the ex-RC/CPR evo's use them, well i know the bright orange one does, and that seems to go pretty well!

Whats the best price you have seen for an Ikeya shifter? Seems to be around £1300ish from places i have seen sellling it.