New starter

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2009, 11:43 AM
Lofty91
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New starter

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a 55 plate Sti uk impreza and hope this site will help me to learn more about the car and the joys of ownership.

My initial search for an impreza was a bad experience and i learned quickly not to trust any Subaru main dealer but thankfully all came good in the end and i have been enjoying my Sti for the last few months.

So far i have replaced the worn potenzas with toyo's and had the geomatry set up by RE Motorsport which has transformed the handling, the only other addition so far is a set of scooby clinic mud flaps but i'm sure it won't be long before im wanting more.

Lofty
Old 20 August 2009, 01:10 PM
ross_wrx
Scooby Regular

Welcome to SN!

I'm sure it won't be long before you get the real modifying bug! Hanging around on here gives me the urge to spend money I don't have
Old 20 August 2009, 05:45 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Lofty91
My initial search for an impreza was a bad experience and i learned quickly not to trust any Subaru main dealer
Welcome but that quote unfortunately is bull you will learn who are the good dealers and who are not, there are speciallists out there worse than dealers and then there are dealers who are worse than speciallists, but if you say what area you are in (just geographical) and we can point you to the best garages around

Tony
Old 21 August 2009, 09:54 AM
Lofty91
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Welcome but that quote unfortunately is bull you will learn who are the good dealers and who are not, there are speciallists out there worse than dealers and then there are dealers who are worse than speciallists, but if you say what area you are in (just geographical) and we can point you to the best garages around

Tony

Fair enough Tony i'm sure some of the dealers are genuin, i just have'nt found them yet.

I live in the Leeds/Wakefield area and so far have been dealing with KT Greens who have been helpfull with regard to supplying parts (clips and stuff). Do you know of any recommended garages in my area?
Old 10 September 2009, 04:27 PM
turboturner
Scooby Regular

Just stick with Rich at R.E Motorsport. You cant cant get a better service than him anywhere...And get Simon Jolly Green Monster on a remap for it!! and stay away from Well Lane Batley..

Last edited by turboturner; 10 September 2009 at 04:29 PM. Reason: B
Old 11 September 2009, 01:21 PM
Lofty91
Scooby Regular

Thanks Turboturner, that was my plan to try and stay at one place for any work/service and RE has been good so far, although i'am going to try and get some experience and try doing a bit myself (with my dad on hand to point me in the right direction)
Old 11 September 2009, 01:53 PM
S1FU
Scooby Regular

Welcome to the club fella.

Get some pics up!
Old 11 September 2009, 05:37 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Rick used to No.1. at Bowetts before they dropped Subaru as a brand, that's where I first met him.
Rather than service Saabs he set up on his own, and he does all the heavyweight stuff on mine.

dunx
Old 11 September 2009, 07:26 PM
turboturner
Scooby Regular

RE are without doubt IMHO the best in the area and ive just had a oil leak on mine and a few other bits sorted out by them and yet again the service was excellent plus some nice cups of tea came my way too! Cheers Rick
if you think a job might be to big for you just contact Rick and I'm sure he will be glad to help
all the best
Mark
Old 12 September 2009, 12:08 PM
Lofty91
Scooby Regular

I'm hopefully going to be heading back to RE for a service in the next few months once i have figured out which one it needs next, my log book shows the last service was the 30k/36mnth service done on 27/11/08 and I'm only on 20k. Would it be best to just get everything changed for peace of mind?

Other than that i want a new back box as my standard one is looking a bit ruff round the edges and my brake pads are looking on the low side.
Old 12 September 2009, 12:42 PM
turboturner
Scooby Regular

I'd get another service done as its not always about miles covered but time between services..Mines a euro version which says you sevice every 6k or 6 months but UK ones its more like 10k and similar months..but I have it done nearly every 6 just to be safe as its been mapped and running more power than standard..
Back box wise go for the Miltek the sound is pure rally and the 2.75 bore will go straight on to the original system(AET in Normanton are now a stockist..call Ellie for a price)..or just go for full system 3" with performance cat or straight through downpipe..

Mark

Last edited by turboturner; 12 September 2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 13 September 2009, 11:02 AM
Lofty91
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by turboturner
I'd get another service done as its not always about miles covered but time between services..Mines a euro version which says you sevice every 6k or 6 months but UK ones its more like 10k and similar months..but I have it done nearly every 6 just to be safe as its been mapped and running more power than standard..
Back box wise go for the Miltek the sound is pure rally and the 2.75 bore will go straight on to the original system(AET in Normanton are now a stockist..call Ellie for a price)..or just go for full system 3" with performance cat or straight through downpipe..

Mark
I only work round the corner from AET so i could call in before work one day, i thought they only did turbos?
Old 14 September 2009, 04:06 PM
turboturner
Scooby Regular

They don't keep loads of brands..just quality ones like Milltek ,Turbosmart , Hyperflow , Haltech , Gems and most brands of turbos.
Plus I found out recently they can put a bigger turbine housing on the vf 35/34 turbos kicking the output to around 370 for around 300 plus vat